Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 4/04/2014 7:30

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I watch the game over my boys house where there's lots of ole Trevor Ariza fans pointing-out Ariza defensive tactics on Melo.
    They counted 11 Melo turnovers, but only 9 were on the stat sheet .. plus the change of the game was when Woody took Amare out the game to put in Melo having a 5 point lead, with 7 min remaining in the 4th qtr.. Melo became our only BIG on the court.
    Amare walked off the court upset, and the next 3 offensive possession went to Melo to give the Wizards a 2 point lead.
    President Phil Jax had no emotion on his face watching the Knicks poor performance the final 6 minutes of the game.
    The Knicks last two plays of the game explain our losing season .. a team that never practice plays!
    See above post

  2. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,177
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Last night disapointment makes tomorrow's matinee showdown a must-win....oh and thanks for the JINX 3G....yes I am blaming you as we were on a 3 game winning streak while you were hiding...and yes as stated before we ain't winning without our MVP Melo having usual great games...Lebron has off games, but he has Dwade and Bosh to pick him up. Who has Melo had all season to him up??? Nobody as evidenced by Melo's minutes load. It's great JR, STAT and company are FINALLY picking up thier production, but it might be a case of too little, too late. If we miss the playoffs this year, it won't be because of the NBA's minutes leader and second leading scorer. It will be because the other 11 guys on this roster didn't play to their potential on chief....
    Never match (a 60%) Melo with (a 100%) Lebron or (a 99%) DWade, thats like matching Reggie Miller with either Pippin or Jordan.
    Thats a lopsided matchup.

    Melo had no help from his teammates for two important reason:
    1) Melo (just like Marbury) dont practice with his teammates.
    2) Melo started the season off being a BALL-HOGGER for 45+ minutes in each of the first 30 games.
    At the beginning of the season u heard every commentator say, "Melo have his teammates standing around on offense.".
    In the middle of the season, u heard several commentator say, "Melo's high minutes and touch of the ball should be averaging 5 to 7 assist per game.".

    We had strong rebounders in Tyson, K-Mart, Amare, and MWP, why weren't they assigned to be our defensive-rebounders in training-camp, and the pre-season games?

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,177
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    You just made my point:"he attracts so many defenders". If a Melo is not on the floor than the defense focus turns to the rest of our inferior scorers...like I keep saying" who else can score the ball????" JR is still 5 points below is average last year..."SoreKnees" probably reached his "minutes limit" which is why he came out. Not like STAT had ever been a defensive stopper in the first place...And please get over that Laker game...We just beat the brakes off the crosstown Nets by the same margin....I honestly am "threw" with talking hoops with you guys because it's crazy. I hope MELO packs it in on Sunday like you guys have on this season so you can see what the " Melo- less" KNICKS look like. On Chief Melo should sit and kick it on Sunday next to Bargiani and take pictures, collect his check and keep it moving real talk

    u dont get it .. if I worked for the NBA in any capacity then I would have to defend and justify all Melo's flaws (just like u) to keep my steady paycheck. But I dont.
    We all should know Dolan invested millions $$$ on Melo receiving outstanding publicity throughout his Knicks contract as the wall paper of the Knicks.
    For u not to know or admit the high minutes of playing time given to a stat pushing star Melo had 95% to do with each of the 44 losses this season, then ur B.Ball IQ will be in question.
    The only help Melo needs is a player that is going to keep the ball out of Melo's hand, plus a headcoach who have confidence in lineups without Melo.

    Lastnight Loss wouldve been a Knicks win if Woody would've told Melo to sit back down on the bench during the 4th qtr., until his name was called.

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    You just made my point:"he attracts so many defenders". If a Melo is not on the floor than the defense focus turns to the rest of our inferior scorers...like I keep saying" who else can score the ball????" JR is still 5 points below is average last year..."SoreKnees" probably reached his "minutes limit" which is why he came out. Not like STAT had ever been a defensive stopper in the first place...And please get over that Laker game...We just beat the brakes off the crosstown Nets by the same margin....I honestly am "threw" with talking hoops with you guys because it's crazy. I hope MELO packs it in on Sunday like you guys have on this season so you can see what the " Melo- less" KNICKS look like. On Chief Melo should sit and kick it on Sunday next to Bargiani and take pictures, collect his check and keep it moving real talk

    So as a coach u put your star player in who is having an aweful game because he is injuerd, then you see him grimace everytime he tocuhes the ball, so then you have him bring up the ball every time and then you have him take the last second shot with no set play.....whats your logic ?

  5. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u dont get it .. if I worked for the NBA in any capacity then I would have to defend and justify all Melo's flaws (just like u) to keep my steady paycheck. But I dont.
    We all should know Dolan invested millions $$$ on Melo receiving outstanding publicity throughout his Knicks contract as the wall paper of the Knicks.
    For u not to know or admit the high minutes of playing time given to a stat pushing star Melo had 95% to do with each of the 44 losses this season, then ur B.Ball IQ will be in question.
    The only help Melo needs is a player that is going to keep the ball out of Melo's hand, plus a headcoach who have confidence in lineups without Melo.

    Lastnight Loss wouldve been a Knicks win if Woody would've told Melo to sit back down on the bench during the 4th qtr., until his name was called.

    Clyde Frazier said it about 3 times why is Woody making s Subsitiution when the 5 guys on the floor have such continuity and have given the Knicks a 5 point lead........CHIEF do u disagree ? I mean u want to talk about Basketball IQ......if something is working and looking really good why oh why WOULD U RUSH TO PUT IN AN INJURED PLAYER WHO IS STRUGGLING THE WHOLE GAME ...9 TURNOVERS....Thats not characteritics of Melos game....so obviously something is wrong......

    U more then anyone worry about scoring....the guys on the floor went up by 5 SO YES someone was scoring.

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Like I said I hope Melo sits out tomorrow so all y'all **** talkers can stfu... Real talk you criticize the best player on the team... Relentlessly yessir but all other 11 are issued passes; that's right Melo sucks because he can't play 1 on 12 but I'm the dummy sure thing I Melo sits tomorrow so you idiots can find another punching bag

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,177
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Like I said I hope Melo sits out tomorrow so all y'all **** talkers can stfu... Real talk you criticize the best player on the team... Relentlessly yessir but all other 11 are issued passes; that's right Melo sucks because he can't play 1 on 12 but I'm the dummy sure thing I Melo sits tomorrow so you idiots can find another punching bag
    Stop it .. the opt-out Carmelo Anthony are going to play in 77 to 79 games this season to get the best seasonal-stat record of his career. The out come will be no teams offering a FA Melo above $15M per in the offseason.

    The reason I miss "Crazy 8" so much in KO forum are Crazy8 wouldve put up the video of the last 7 minutes of this game, then linked it with the last 5 minutes of the no time-out loss to the Wizard early in the season. Where Melo carry more of the blame for the loss then puppet-woody.

    Melo is not a 40+ minute player .. 33 minute player (if Phil Jax keep the threatening opt-out player).
    When Melo threaten to "OPT-OUT" at the start of the season, owner Dolan shouldve made puppet-woody change Melo role into a 28 to 32 minute player to give other players playingtime minutes.

    JimChief .... how well did the Knicks season go with Melo ball-hogging in every lineup in a 48 minute game???
    The NCAA FINAL 4 teams has better team-chemistry on both sides of the court than the Melo-Knicks.

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,177
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    If u r a "Delusional" Knicks fan from 2005 then u know 6.8 SF Trevor Ariza best talent/skills.
    Melo played 38 minutes, Ariza played 36 minutes.
    Melo had 10 pts, and 9 turnovers, which means Ariza played to his best talent/skills.

    I guess the same shoulder was bothering Melo when he went to the WC finals in 2009, to bumb heads with defender Trevor Ariza in a series. LMAO

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Like I said I hope Melo sits out tomorrow so all y'all **** talkers can stfu... Real talk you criticize the best player on the team... Relentlessly yessir but all other 11 are issued passes; that's right Melo sucks because he can't play 1 on 12 but I'm the dummy sure thing I Melo sits tomorrow so you idiots can find another punching bag

    Melo should sit why ? is he injured ?

    Oh and if your argument is that he is then why put him back in when the team in went up by 5 with scoring and defense......Ok so put him in as a decoy or whatever BUT why does a player who is injured go back in and insist bringing up the ball despite 3 turnovers in 5 minutes and 6 before that.....CHIEF....think ????

  10. #25
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Last night disapointment makes tomorrow's matinee showdown a must-win....oh and thanks for the JINX 3G....yes I am blaming you as we were on a 3 game winning streak while you were hiding...and yes as stated before we ain't winning without our MVP Melo having usual great games...Lebron has off games, but he has Dwade and Bosh to pick him up. Who has Melo had all season to him up??? Nobody as evidenced by Melo's minutes load. It's great JR, STAT and company are FINALLY picking up thier production, but it might be a case of too little, too late. If we miss the playoffs this year, it won't be because of the NBA's minutes leader and second leading scorer. It will be because the other 11 guys on this roster didn't play to their potential on chief....
    lol I was around at the start of the Wizards game. I recently missed the incredibly boring Utah game and was exhausted Friday during the Brooklyn game. So you're trying to call me out because I missed 2gms? Go look at the 2 game threads and count the number of different posters in those threads...you won't find more than 3-4 if that. Get out of here you clown.

    You're traumatized at Melo's EPIC failure this year in the clutch. He's been a complete utter abomination and that's putting it nicely. If he had converted at least 20% of our clutch situations this year we'd be a playoff team. Or if he allowed someone else a chance at HERO BALL maybe we'd be a playoff team but he wants all the glory and when he comes up short as he has a myriad of tries this year....he either walks off the court in a haste or smiles like he's still cooler than ice that's what naturally built punks do.

    Now we're looking at 2 yrs in a row as the season closes him complaining about his shoulder and his lobbyist lapping it up like a dog drinking water out of his doggy dish in the heat of the summer.

    For the record I didn't not watch today's matinee game against the Heat, did not care to. The last 30gms of the season I haven't taken watching this team seriously. I've probably watched about 60% of the games over this stretch. They haven't been enjoyable to watch even when they win. This season has been a disaster and say what you want about Smith and Stat coming on late it still doesn't nullify Melo's in ability to show up in the clutch. I also told you guard play is the biggest gauge to our success not Melo's play......because Melo pretty much puts up his career numbers on most nights whether he shoots under 40% fg for a 3rd of the season or not.

    I could clearly say the past 3-4gms if J.R. Smith doesn't put up the numbers he has we easily get blown out in apologetic fashion yet you'd ask me to look deeper into Smith's season as a whole for his responsibilities of failure. I've been asking you all season to do the same for Melo but you won't because you're maddenly in lust over him. I've underlined 2 points in my post reason alone Melo deserves blame among other things he's done to shape our season. Make no mistake about it though we lost as a team as we have all year.....everyone is responsible for this train wreck season.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 163
    Last Post: Dec 18, 2013, 18:48
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: Nov 24, 2013, 13:57
  3. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 2/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2008, 23:23
  4. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 1/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2008, 08:27
  5. Washington Wizards vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/14
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2008, 15:54

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •