Carmelo Anthony supports Mike Woodson

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks star Carmelo Anthony supports 'father figure' Mike Woodson, says he will 'back him'

'If he needs my recommendation whether it's here or anywhere else, I'll back him,' Anthony said about Woodson, who's expected to be fired in the coming days by Knicks president Phil Jackson.

Anthony went so far to use the term ?father figure? when describing Woodson, who is expected to be axed by Jackson any day now.
For me as a player, I had some of my best years under Mike Woodson.

Carmelo Anthony is the main reason why Mike Woodson wasnt FIRED before the 2014 New Year came in having a 9-21 record.

Woodson still believes he's right coach for Knicks

NEW YORK (AP) -- Mike Woodson won't lobby to keep his job with the New York Knicks. He believes he's already proven he deserves it.
Woodson is hoping to get an answer soon from new president Phil Jackson, who will have to decide if he wants to hire a new coach after the Knicks missed the playoffs.

Carmelo Anthony open to staying in New York if Knicks build a winner

Using words like 'embarrassing' and 'failure' to describe this season, Anthony confirmed his desire to remain with the Knicks as he heads into free agency this summer.
With free agency looming, Carmelo Anthony says winning is more important than money to him.

Carmelo's going to turn down next year salary of $23.5M.
Now I heard it all LMAO

Kiyaman

Legend
The Lakers had a 27 win season thanks to their headcoach Mike Dantoni LMAO
The Lakers had the worst season in my 55 yr lifetime ....
Mike Dantoni and Mike Woodson are strictly assistant coaches in the NBA.
Both had their success as a NBA headcoach from the strong leadership players Kidd & Marion.

petescud

Starter
I agree, both are excellent ass't coaches....would love for Mike to step down and replace one of our crummy ass'ts, which we all know will not happen

CoolClyde

both Woodhead and D'amntoni are cut from the same whiny cloth, wah wah wah, we had injuries that prevented us from winning. I don't hear other coaches lamenting their injuries; Chicago, OKC, S.A. all had players down for major periods of time and still produced winning teams. when you rely on players and not team basketball to win, you're gonna lose a majority of games.

haha Donetoni. eat a mustache dick. loser.

Broadway

All Star
Translation:....

"At the end of the day....If I stay I prefer not to bring in someone else who may affect my touches. Woody let me do whatever I wanted to do at the beginning and end of the day. I'm about winning at the end of the day but I want my touches and I want to get paid at the beginning, middle, and end of the day. Although if I leave there was another coach who spoke of how he watches me at the end of the day when I get my touches so we'll see. Phil is playing Chess and I'm playing Monopoloy at the end of the day."

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...oodson-decision-meeting-jax-article-1.1760607

The arrogance of Woodson. Burying guys who should be playing on the bench, being predictable, being biased, not even getting in the Playoffs in a historically bad Eastern Conference. He apologized to the fans and said he let them down, but thinks he's the man for the job.
Woody wants certainty. If I was PJ I would have given him his pink slip the day after the season ended, that would have been certain enough.

We really don't know what kind of exec Jackson is, he might keep Woody based on the hot finish.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Woody wants certainty. If I was PJ I would have given him his pink slip the day after the season ended, that would have been certain enough.

We really don't know what kind of exec Jackson is, he might keep Woody based on the hot finish.
Do you think Jackson believes Woodson can take Melo to the next level? Do you think he believes in him without Melo?

I don't know how thoroughly Jackson followed Woodson before becoming president, but he's coached against him for several years, so he knows all about his isolation basketball.

More and more reports keep coming out that it's a foregone conclusion that Woodson is gone. I'll have more to say about him probably in the future, but for now, who cares, let's just get someone else in here. As far as the effect on Melo, maybe it means that Melo is gone, too. Maybe PJ not wanting to be tied to CAA is the motivating factor or maybe, PJ doesn't think he can build a team around Melo. I'm starting to get more and more prepared for a Knicks' future without Melo. I've been prepared for months now for a future without Woodson.

skisloper

Starter
Do you think Jackson believes Woodson can take Melo to the next level? Do you think he believes in him without Melo?

I don't know how thoroughly Jackson followed Woodson before becoming president, but he's coached against him for several years, so he knows all about his isolation basketball.

Take Melo out of the equation......All you have to look at is Woody's last minute bloopers and play calling and you know he will not be the Knicks coach next year or any other team for that matter......Woody makes a great assistant....As Melo said Woody is a friend, father figure someone to talk to.....Thats all fine and dandy is you are coaching 9 year olds but not when your coaching guys who are paid millions of dollars as is the coach.....There has to be a line drawn and Woody seem to run a popularity contest with his favorite group of Melo, Felton and JR...

You coach with a pair of Balls and Woody coached like a kitty kat