Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mike Woodson FIRED, 5 days after season end.

Superstar

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Very true and I didn't disagree with his philosophy(feeling that's what it would take to win a championship) on the matter but he should have done a better job executing, reshaping the team... to accomplish that. He failed doing so and bailed, in particular when the going got tough looking towards the transition yrs. He knew Sarver was going to cut back starting rebuild. His excuse, he needed to spend more time with his family yet went right back into broadcasting...

Kerr has some red flags

EDIT: Misheard.....Kerr wasn't ready to coach at that time(Seattle Group purchase of Kings) but apparently he must have left the door open because Phil is interested in peaking his interest again.

Steve Kerr met with Phil Jackson on Friday and officially discussed the New York Knicks' head coaching vacancy.

We talked about the coaching position and well keep talking, Kerr said on Sunday. Ive made it pretty clear the past couple of years that Id like to get into coaching, and now its sort of out there. Its like anything else, you have to explore it and thats what were doing."

Kerr is in New York to call the Brooklyn Nets-Toronto Raptors game Sunday and added the two sides will maintain discussions.

Kerr and Jackson also spoke over the phone on Saturday.

Its the only reason Im talking to them, I wouldnt have known anybody else in the Knicks organization, Kerr said. The fact that Phil took this job was the connection. Of course, he was my coach and I have a ton of respect for him. And Im honored that hes talking to me about the job. We covered a lot of ground and theres a lot to discuss with a job like this on both ends.

Its the Knicks and its Phil Jackson, my coach. So Id be crazy not to look into it. Well further the conversation on both sides. But meanwhile Im really busy with my own (broadcasting) job."
    So let's do the math Steve.....You left the Suns in 2010 because you said you wanted to spend more time with your family although Sarver asked you to take a paycut and you knew the Suns/Nash championship window closed and rebuilding was on the Horizon.

But you stated above after talking with Phil you've wanted to coach for the past couple of yrs. Well from 2013-2014 - 2yrs comes to 2011-2012. So you only wanted to spend time with your family for 1yr?

lol @ Kerr

I won't be disappointed at all if he doesn't get hired and will be skeptical as heck if he does.

Veteran

I get the feeling Kerr won't take the Knicks job for a lot of reasons. Family, having to relocate to the east coast, probably the biggest fish bowl you could be in for a rebuilding Knicks team, no doubt one of the toughest head coaching jobs in the league.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kerr tells PJ "After careful consideration I have decided not to pursue the Knicks head coaching position."

Now who would be PJ's next choice?

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I get the feeling Kerr won't take the Knicks job for a lot of reasons. Family, having to relocate to the east coast, probably the biggest fish bowl you could be in for a rebuilding Knicks team, no doubt one of the toughest head coaching jobs in the league.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kerr tells PJ "After careful consideration I have decided not to pursue the Knicks head coaching position."

Now who would be PJ's next choice?
    He'll probably consider Derek Fisher

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    He'll probably consider Derek Fisher
    Woj wrote an article saying the Lakers should consider him. I wonder how D'Antoni resigning will affect the Kerr hire, supposedly Kerr was waiting to see what coaching vacancies opened up before giving the Knicks an answer. The Laker job would be perfect for him since he lives in San Diego.