Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: James Dolan Interfering with Phil Jackson's Personnel Decisions

Veteran

Originally Posted by paris401
    I don't see it that way... melo has an option... so why not execise it... I would...wouldn't you??
    Did u know all of the 2010 all-star FA had the same opt-out option on their contract this season, and all are waiting for June/July to decide whether they want to opt-out.
    There's no justification for Melo announcing opting-out at the start of the season in October 2013.

Dolan firing GM Grunfield a week before training-camp open, then dum-dum coach Woodson starts the regular season off giving (a opt-out) Carmelo Anthony 45 minutes of playing-time each game to lead the Knicks to a 3-13 start of the season. Melo started the regular season being the most minute played player in the NBA, Melo minutes dropped when the Knicks record became 21-40.
    Get the hint: we had a 37 win season .. do the math
    Last edited by Kiyaman; May 28, 2014 at 11:52.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Did u know all of the 2010 all-star FA had the same opt-out option on their contract this season, and all are waiting for June/July to decide whether they want to opt-out.
    ok.. but did all the other FA all stars play on such a $hitty team as the knicks?? lbj/bosh/wade... dirk,duncan,zach,even lowry played on teams that had somewhat of a chance to at least make the playoffs... and in some cases go deep

melo's situation was a bit diff...did him declaring his opt-out cause the knicks down season... I don't think so...

Veteran

Originally Posted by paris401
    ok.. but did all the other FA all stars play on such a $hitty team as the knicks?? lbj/bosh/wade... dirk,duncan,zach,even lowry played on teams that had somewhat of a chance to at least make the playoffs... and in some cases go deep

melo's situation was a bit diff...did him declaring his opt-out cause the knicks down season... I don't think so...

Why did Melo declare his opt-out at the start of the season?
    What was Melo reason?
    Especially after coming off a 54 win season, division title, 2nd round exit, plus winning the scoring title.

Did Melo like or dislike the offseason trades?
    Did Melo like or dislike the firing of GM Grunwald?
    Did Melo like or dislike Dolan's expectation of going to the FINALS?
    Did Melo declare opting-out so Dolan could trade him during the season?

There are to many unanswered question when the finger point toward Melo.
    In the offseason we will find out if Dolan hired Phil Jackson to keep Melo, or get back Melo's worth in a sign n trade???

Melo signs on for this season, my guess....that gives Phil more time to see if he can play in his system or if he has more time to get a better trade value