Where Are We Headed?

mrj18

Benchwarmer
Horrible Hornets game but, I'll pretend it never happened. Sunday was a great way to bounce back but in as much as we were making good highlight reels, the Blazers shot a more than decent 55% from the field. If the Blazers did not turn the ball over as much, we might have been in a really close wire-to-wire battle. Take a look at the boxscore. The only person who really struggled was Telfair being 1-6. I mean you have Ratliff who was 1-3 but, he is not a part of their offense really. The Knicks need defense. Offense can not hold us for the future. It might temporarily help us in the regular season however, once we get into the playoffs, and our offense is not clicking, what will we do? We saw what happened to the Mavericks and how far they ended up. These Knicks that we currently have, are in no way shape or form even close to the old offensive oriented Dallas Mavericks. We do have similar defenses though.

We allow our opponents to shoot about 47% from the field. That is an excellet percentage...if you are the other team! The Knicks are capable of being a good defensive team however, I really see lack of effort being key for them. During that Cleveland game, it was as if no one was even trying! No person on the Knicks was trying! I will cut Houston some slack because of his injuries but, everyone else has no excuse. The Cavs had 20 fast break points at only halftime. That is a sign of simply horrendous defense. When the Knicks shots are not falling, they are simply hopeless. Too many times have we seen the Knicks not play with any effort at all. They play nonchalant at times and many times we see them playing stagnant once we have got a lead. There have been too many times when the Knicks have had a very comfortable lead but, then end up losing the game (*cough* Charlotte, *cough* Orlando, *cough* Detroit,) need I continue? On the other side, you have times when they don’t decide to play basketball until they are down by 17 at halftime. They make a very valiant effort to get back in the game, but on several occasions end up short. The Knicks need to play basketball for all 48 minutes! Not 24 or definitely not even show up! This is part of basketball as well. It is the mental part of the game. The Knicks are lacking this and before they can ever say: “We’re trying to bring a championship back in New York,” or the famous “Wining a ring is the most important thing,” they need to start acting like it.

The Knicks need some sort of change. A trade, a coaching change or something needs to be done. The Knicks are roughly a 44-38 team and I don't know about you guys but, I am trying to go far in the playoffs. It's not as if it is not so bad if the Knicks miss the playoffs. We don't have any picks, and we don't have any cap space. This team is mediocre and if something is not done, mediocre it shall remain! Plain and simple. I think we have witnessed enough. 3 blowout losses in this season really says a lot. Those Celtics/Dallas/Cleveland blowouts were by an average of 3 32.6 points. Remember around this Knicks had 3 straight wire to wire blowouts. I think one was against the Magic and two against Miami. Now one can make a fare arguement that those teams were not too good around this time but look at this season. The Knicks have had their fare share of teams that they should have blown out however, they did not. In fact, they lost to the Bobcats, and almost lost to the Hawks. The Knicks did not blow out one team this year.

Basically what I am trying to say is that based on what I have witnessed, I think Isiah Thomas has poorly constucted this You can never make a correct prediction on the Knicks. The only thing you can do is simply analyze them and make observations. Quite frankly, the only thing consistent about the Knicks, is that they never cease being inconsistent. It is almost like the NBA is full of relationships. The Knicks relationship is not engaged and far from married. Their relationship simply was not built to last, while teams like San Antonio, and Miami are. Sorry for that analogy, it was the only one that I could think of at the moment.

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
what is going on with the knicks? They just lost to the worst team in the NBA

How? ok, l there were only 7 players playing for some odd reason

they are 17-18 thats under .500 true they still have a playoff spot but think about it it's the Atlantic division how good could they possibly do against other eastern teams in the playoffs. I'm worried

alon504

Rookie
Hey...don't be so hard on your team...you didn't lose to the worst team in the NBA..you lost to the team with the worst record. We're playing as good as most teams, now that we've straightened our act up and are making the proper adjustments to a major transition for this team. The Hornets sure took long enough to make the adjustments. We beat Sacramento last Saturday, as well...so give the Hornets a little credit and don't think that this is an end of the world loss. I'd trade for your record any day, at this point. Good luck for the rest of the season...

Blumatic

Rotation player
alon504 said:
Hey...don't be so hard on your team...you didn't lose to the worst team in the NBA..you lost to the team with the worst record. We're playing as good as most teams, now that we've straightened our act up and are making the proper adjustments to a major transition for this team. The Hornets sure took long enough to make the adjustments. We beat Sacramento last Saturday, as well...so give the Hornets a little credit and don't think that this is an end of the world loss. I'd trade for your record any day, at this point. Good luck for the rest of the season...

Listen you dont know what knicks fans are going through. Dont give that non sense abot NO playing hot. This game sucked. The Knicks sucked it up. But we are injured. These losses suck, but these injuries can see what we need to do for the rest of the season. Obviously JYD must start over TT. And clearly Crawford must start over H2O. H2O is still limited and for a team that is trying to get som where fast we can't B.S. and start thinking about egoes. H2o and TT are bench players. The offense can run through them when the sub in. Marbury is bask where he was in April. All by himself. When Crawford comes back. He must start. Him and Marbury have a connection that H2o will not have with Steph. And if Craw starts Jacking up shots, H2o is be able to shoot more effcient. And to the Hornet fan. you are what ur record says you are. YOu might be hot now but ur team is still not that good. U just beat an injured-riddled team. The Kings win was luck. Both games were close.

Marbury
Crawford
Williams
K.Thomas
N. Mohummad

Is a great Line up. That will Make a huge difference. With Steph and Craw on the floor we can put up some buckets and JYD will provide the defesive spark from tip-off. The bench will become stronger will H2o and TT coming off of it.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
Blumatic said:
Marbury
Crawford
Williams
K.Thomas
N. Mohummad

Is a great Line up. That will Make a huge difference. With Steph and Craw on the floor we can put up some buckets and JYD will provide the defesive spark from tip-off. The bench will become stronger will H2o and TT coming off of it.

i definentely agree i think that if we put that line up we have all capable defenders. I know i have said crawford was a problem but i was wrong his defense is amazing compared to houston... and defense is our problem now i think once crawford is back all problems should be fine

alphadog

Rookie
Nazr a good defender?

You must be joking. He is known as "the swinging gate" or "the highway" on another board. The guy is a black hole when he gets the ball and has no concept of how to play defense....man to man or team. Benchwarmer at best. I have been saying for a while that we need Artest and Shareef/Chandler. If we can get S Hunter or someone like that to round out the roster we can be very good. All do-able deals but it will probably need to wait until after the season.

NYKnicks15

Starter
No man you must be kidding...hmm I believe hes averaging 15 points ppg since hes started if YOU are talking about Williams, and I believe you are. He brings the three bigs E's which we are lacking right now....excitement, energy and EFFORT. Hell be a better starter than Tim right now. Trading at this point in time is not the answer unless u can manage to trade Houston, Tim or Penny which wont be possible to the offseason if at any time. With Crawford restarting well be good i believe. and if not then we can over worry

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i think he was talking about crawford.
btw, nyknicks15, check your pm :)