Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Donald Sterling true COLORS were release in a clip conversation.

Veteran

Default WOW! Donald Sterling true COLORS were release in a clip conversation.

OAKLAND, Calif. What happens when a mass of verbal sewage gets dumped on two teams right in the middle of an impassioned playoff series? Clippers vs Golden State

I went to center Jermaine O'Neal to find out, because he's the oldest, proudest and most eloquent Warriors player; and his words rose to the moment.
    Yes, O'Neal heard the recording and yes, he was just as repulsed as any logical person would have to be. Or more. Logically much more.
    All this, just as the Warriors and Clippers get set for Game 4 of this first-round series on Sunday at Oracle Arena, with the Clippers up 2-1.

How should the Clippers players react in the playoff, after this comment from their Bossman?
    How should the Golden State Warriors react to playing against Donald Sterling Clippers team in a series.
    How should a Blackman/woman NBA Fan react to the Clippers owner clip comment?
    Should they go to a Clipper game when the Clippers come to town to play their team?

The real problem is it shows the clipers players pure greed by not boycotting. How can you play for this guy and look in the mirror. Like a jew fighting for Hitler.

Veteran

Sterling is a 21st century plantation owner but it's not news, I believe he was fined for discriminatory housing practices as a landlord. I was watching TNT and they were all calling for his suspension but how does that hurt him, the team still rakes in the cash and he's still the owner. The NBA has to force a sale of the team and get him out of the league but I wonder if that's possible based on what he did.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Sterling is a 21st century plantation owner but it's not news, I believe he was fined for discriminatory housing practices as a landlord. I was watching TNT and they were all calling for his suspension but how does that hurt him, the team still rakes in the cash and he's still the owner. The NBA has to force a sale of the team and get him out of the league but I wonder if that's possible based on what he did.

That should be Adam Silver's main objective and this needs to be communicated to the rest of the 29 owners. He has to channel his inner Roger Goodell remove him or sanction him to the degree he removes himself. If the league would have governed his business dealings on and off the courts yrs ago as you alluded to, then maybe we don't have what we're witnessing today. This is embarrassing, disgraceful, and intolerable on every level.

Veteran

reported that sterling called doc rivers, and he refused his call... if I was sterling, i'd fire his ass in a heartbeat- doc should have picked up the phone and given his boss a piece of his mind... but he should have picked up the phone...

Veteran

Is this something new about a golden-spoon Billionaire?
    Are billionaire children taught to b above the Law, and its people?

These same allegation were wide spread low rumors in 1980, when the Championship Lakers traded PG-Norm Nixon to the LA Clippers. Everyone said Norm Nixon was talking trash about Clippers owner from being angry of the trade.
    The Clippers organization back then were considered a "son inlaw" hiring team from GM, coaching, and medical-staff.
    For several decades Clippers owner refuse to resign all their top 10 draft picks a penny more than their rookie contract.
    For several decades the NBA owners/GM/HC would want a certain player out of the NBA league, so they would trade the player to the LA Clippers. Once a player was traded to the Clippers they knew their NBA career was over, and they would retire within a year.

Veteran

Punishment was swift and severe for Sterling. Forcing a sale of the team is key and it's great for the league with Seattle just begging for a team.

I hope Sterling and his family don't fight this in court, just cash out their chips with the Clip after all they have a huge windfall profit in the team.

Veteran

The NBA have to buy the Clippers organization for half its market price, plus leave the owner with 0% stock of the Clippers organization, before Junes draft. If not then the NBA is part of the problem.
    This act is no different then all the stock O Jay Simpson had in many companies, his buy-out was half the price of each stock, 3 days after the verdict.

I work in the Hospital, if I said what he said, and by accident someone left the loud speaker on.
    My supervisor, and the union will be writing my pink-slip the same day. A hearing or appeal is uncalled for.
    This is a NEW-DAY in the word "united states of America".

The workers for the Clippers organization do not have to boycott.
    Now, the supporters (fans), the industry, and Bankers have to boycott.
    The Law must make the owner pay all his workers .. it's not the workers fault the organization no-longer makes money.

Veteran

StateFarm, Kiya Motors and other sponsers running for cover...lifetime ban is proper...now back to the playoffs

Originally Posted by Yes the NBA is Rigged
    The real problem is it shows the clipers players pure greed by not boycotting. How can you play for this guy and look in the mirror. Like a jew fighting for Hitler.
    I don't think the Clippers players see it this way. They play for themselves, they play to win and don't give a damn about what their owner said. You don't let down yourself, your family, friends and fans just because your team's owner turned out to be a racist jerk.

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    StateFarm, Kiya Motors and other sponsers running for cover...lifetime ban is proper...now back to the playoffs
    Hawks kicking the Pacers a** when it should be us.

Bulls and Houston if they lose may have an impact on the Knicks since both may go after Melo hard. SnT may be possible with them if Melo decides to opt out, they hate Lin in Houston so he can be had to replace Felton if Melo decides to follow the Big O's advice and sign with Houson.

Veteran

NBA commissioner Adam Silver acted forcefully Tuesday, banning Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life and fining him $2.5 million for his racially insensitive remarks.
    Silver also announced that he will attempt to force Sterling to sell the team -- moves that drew widepread support and reaction from around the league:

"Donald Sterling banned for life. Adam Silver is gonna gain A LOT of respect as the new commish for "this one.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Hawks kicking the Pacers a** when it should be us.

Bulls and Houston if they lose may have an impact on the Knicks since both may go after Melo hard. SnT may be possible with them if Melo decides to opt out, they hate Lin in Houston so he can be had to replace Felton if Melo decides to follow the Big O's advice and sign with Houson.
    The Hawks are doing what we had the chance to do in last year playoff .. win on Team-Defense!!!!
    Milsap & Teague got their teammates playing "same-page-ball"

The Wizard's are not taking any hostages from the Bulls .. Wizards in 5 games
    The Bulls are going shopping in the offseason.

The Portland Blazers SG Lillard are making the Rockets Star Harden look like a 2nd season player.
    Harden's level of performance is so bad in the postseason I expected Portland to sweep.

Veteran

Agreed Bullies need a scorer; only could muster 69 points in that last game um um um

Veteran

Only thing is if we do a SnT with the Bulls they will unload Boozer on us. It's a great deal for them saving their amnesty and getting Melo.