NBA Rumors: Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks could work out Carmelo sign-and-trade

Kiyaman

Legend
By Andrew Melnick

A package of Boozer, Dunleavy, two 2014 first-round picks (16 and 19) and perhaps a future first should be a workable package for both the Knicks and Bulls.

If the Knicks have accepted that the investment in Anthony is too limiting at the price, they?re adding on multiple draft picks while taking on salary that doesn?t hinder their goals beyond next season.

Dunleavy had a nice season for the Bulls, but Anthony fills a greater need. If Chicago is pressing to win with their current core, the draft picks shouldn?t be as great a priority.

Should the Knicks try to acquire Mirotic as price for Anthony? Absolutely, but then the Bulls should do their part to try and keep the rights to one of the top players in Europe.

When the Bulls had Deng, I would've traded them Melo in a heartbeat for Deng/Gibson

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I know you hate melo, but players like him do not grow on trees. he is a superstar, and the most important he worked his ass out and kept on fighting till the end, not like the other bunch of players we have right now.....
don't you think Melo under PJ with a decent PG will be a very good thing?

besides...... Boozer!!!!!! come on now.....

paris401

Starter
I don't understand why Chicago... or anyone would do a sign and trade when u can sign melo (if u have the cap room/he wants to sign with ya) for free...someone please explain the logic...

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't understand why Chicago... or anyone would do a sign and trade when u can sign melo (if u have the cap room/he wants to sign with ya) for free...someone please explain the logic...

Max $$$$ $125M contract .... Melo is only going to take a pay cut for a contender team, and the Bulls are not a contender.

Rob Low

Rotation player
No way the bulls are gonna give up Boozer,Dunleavy and 2 first round picks for an unrestricted free agent that supposedly wants to play for them. I'd understand them giving up Dunleavy and Boozer to create the cap space to sign Melo but I don't see why they would add 2 first round draft picks to the deal.

paris401

Starter
Max $$$$ $125M contract .... Melo is only going to take a pay cut for a contender team, and the Bulls are not a contender.

I understand the max contract... and if he will only sign with a contender, why would said contender do a trade with the knicks?? the contender can sign him for less $$$, and melo's 'vig' for taking less is a ring...

Kiyaman

Legend
I understand the max contract... and if he will only sign with a contender, why would said contender do a trade with the knicks?? the contender can sign him for less $$$, and melo's 'vig' for taking less is a ring...

Teams have to move players off their cap to make room for a $15M (or more) player.

Kiyaman

Legend
No way the bulls are gonna give up Boozer,Dunleavy and 2 first round picks for an unrestricted free agent that supposedly wants to play for them. I'd understand them giving up Dunleavy and Boozer to create the cap space to sign Melo but I don't see why they would add 2 first round draft picks to the deal.

The 2 first rounders are worth an experience top scorer.
Boozer & Dunleavy total pay are $20M on Bulls cap next season. Sorry no deal!
For Phil Jax to get a decent return for trading Melo, JR, Felton, and probably Chandler it have to be a 3 to 5 teams-trade.
Trading them separately will not bring a great return.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Bottom line if the Knicks can get 2 1st round picks with two other players besides Boozer & Dunleavy then this trade needs to happen!!! If they don't do it then the Knicks are stupid!!!

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
16 and 19? you need a genius to find talent that far along in round 1. boozer is past his prime. I say a big fat no. and lets be real here, chicago is in the east, who wants to trade him somewhere where we play him alot