My apologies to Tyson Chandler

tiger0330

Legend
I was trying to bump that "Roy Hibbert will dominate Tyson Chandler" thread I started in the pre-season but it was closed. Hibbert was a real bust against Miami and imo was the main reason the Pacers got beat in 6, how do you not excel against a Miami team that doesn't have a legit big man.

If the Pacers had Chandler they would have had a better chance of beating the Heat than with "Dudes are Selfish" Hibbert.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm all for getting something back for TC rather than letting his contract expire and getting nothing in return for him. Hibbert had a serious falloff in production after the All-Star break which was mystifying to me, I had the guy taking his game to the next level. Bird says he wants to keep Hibbert but if he can get another team to take on the remaining 2 years/30M of his contract, he'll trade him.

Now would you trade Chandler for Hibbert? A change in scenery where he plays the post in the triangle with the Knicks may revive his game in NY.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Pacers had more BANGERS in the paint vs Tyson & Carmelo in the frontcourt in 2013 postseason.
The Pacers frontcourt bigmen rotation had a double-double 3 blocks center Hibbert, PF-West, C-Mahinmi, plus C/F-Tyler Hansborough toughness in the paint, the same guy that help Raptors make the playoffs in 2014.
The Pacers had 4 star-players in 2013 playoffs in Lance, Paul, West, and super-star level Roy Hibbert.

In the Pacers 2014 playoffs only 3 star players showed-up from last season, Lance, Paul, and West.
Roy Hibbert did not show-up in any of the Pacers postseason games in 2014.
I thought the Atlanta Hawks had the series vs the Pacers in the first-round after the 5th game leading the series 3-2.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm all for getting something back for TC rather than letting his contract expire and getting nothing in return for him. Hibbert had a serious falloff in production after the All-Star break which was mystifying to me, I had the guy taking his game to the next level. Bird says he wants to keep Hibbert but if he can get another team to take on the remaining 2 years/30M of his contract, he'll trade him.

Now would you trade Chandler for Hibbert? A change in scenery where he plays the post in the triangle with the Knicks may revive his game in NY.

6.9 Danny Granger had to be 7.2 Hibbert's mentor the past 5 season, because Hibbert's performance dropped to nothing when the (39-10 record) Pacers traded Granger on the deadline.

I don't see Phil trading Tyson Chandler in the offseason