Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Derek Fisher Finalizing Deal With Knicks

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Derek Fisher Finalizing Deal With Knicks

    5yrs $25mil per Wojo

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,582
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    We've had a tendency of last minute dissolving of deals lately, but assuming this is final, this is a big deal for PJ. Fisher is exactly the kind of guy PJ seemed to want for our head coach, for better or for worse. If he had swung and missed on Fisher as well, I think we can all agree we might be in trouble.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,620
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    No brainer decision for DFish which I said another thread. 1 or 2 year vet min deal with OKC or a 5 yr deal where the Knicks are overpaying for a rookie coach by about 19M.

  4. #4
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    No brainer decision for DFish which I said another thread. 1 or 2 year vet min deal with OKC or a 5 yr deal where the Knicks are overpaying for a rookie coach by about 19M.
    BUZACTLY!!!!!

    I'm looking at this from the same angle...why should he have not asked for that coin, no reason to turn it down.

    Flipside I see no one is taking paycuts so far to work here....Melo's lurking....lol

  5. #5
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Assistant coaches getting lathered up....

    Rambis $2.5mil/yr

    Cartwright $2mil/yr

    Luke $1.5mil/yr

    Scottie.... if Steve Mills put in dat 15min of work in Chicago then he probably gets $3mil/yr


    Not sure if he'll hire a GM but he'll probably get $6mil/yr. Our standards are high league has been put on notice watch out.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,582
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Assistant coaches getting lathered up....

    Rambis $2.5mil/yr

    Cartwright $2mil/yr

    Luke $1.5mil/yr

    Scottie.... if Steve Mills put in dat 15min of work in Chicago then he probably gets $3mil/yr


    Not sure if he'll hire a GM but he'll probably get $6mil/yr. Our standards are high league has been put on notice watch out.
    A point guard as head coach and a cadre of big men as assistant coaches seems appropriate for a team like us.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,620
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Just don't bring back Herb Williams.

    I would have preferred JVG, he supposedly turned down the MN job but I think he would have taken the Knicks job except if they paid DFish 5M/yr they probably would have to pay 10M a year for him.

  8. #8
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wow, he offers Kerr 3 mil a year and Fisher 5 mil...oh well, nice to have money...i can't afford to go to a game and these guys make $$$$ for practically nothing

  9. #9
    Lurker Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So was this our best choice for head coach?

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,582
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Steezo
    So was this our best choice for head coach?
    Best coach overall no, best coach for PJ to use, probably yes.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,965
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    Best coach overall no, best coach for PJ to use, probably yes.
    For the Knicks, I believe Derek Fisher's the best coach overall.
    Fisher will be 100 times better than the Knicks past 6 head-coaches.
    Fisher is the best coach on the market for EGO-ISO-Melo

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,965
    Rep Power
    18

    Thumbs up Full PROPS to Phil Jackson!!!!!

    Originally Posted by Steezo
    So was this our best choice for head coach?

    Hell Yeah! Derek Fisher is the MAN! the Knicks need as head-coach.
    The best head-coach in the market to invest for a winning future.
    That's worth $5M per.

    It was all the small things Derek Fisher done in his 17 yr career equal head-coach.

    Recall .. Derek Fisher was drafted by a winning Lakers organization, where Fisher won 3 rings.
    And were surrounded by an organization full of HOF his first 8 seasons in the NBA.

    Recall .. when the 8th seeded Golden State Warriors team beat the 1st seeded Dallas Mavs team in the postseason games. Derek Fishers 2 season at GS instilling a discipline-lockerroom of players, plus tutoring Baron Davis to play team-ball for coach Don Nelson strategy to beat a 1st seed team.

    Recall .. Deron Williams had a BUST rookie season. Then Utah signed FA Derek Fisher to be in training-camp to tutor Deron Williams 2nd season in the NBA. Deron Williams had a All-Star season with Fisher as his teammate.

    Recall .. The Lakers getting knock-out in the first round playoff, then going full steam after Derek Fisher in a trade from Utah that offseason. The Derek Fisher-Lakers went on to the FINALS 3 consecutive seasons.

    Recall .. The OKC PG Westbrook were out for practically half of the season, and PG-Reggie Jackson had the best season of his career running the point under Fisher tutorship.

    Phil Jackson working on the TOP executive of the year award by hiring Derek Fisher as head-coach.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Hell Yeah! Derek Fisher is the MAN! the Knicks need as head-coach.
    The best head-coach in the market to invest for a winning future.
    That's worth $5M per.

    It was all the small things Derek Fisher done in his 17 yr career equal head-coach.

    Recall .. Derek Fisher was drafted by a winning Lakers organization, where Fisher won 3 rings.
    And were surrounded by an organization full of HOF his first 8 seasons in the NBA.

    Recall .. when the 8th seeded Golden State Warriors team beat the 1st seeded Dallas Mavs team in the postseason games. Derek Fishers 2 season at GS instilling a discipline-lockerroom of players, plus tutoring Baron Davis to play team-ball for coach Don Nelson strategy to beat a 1st seed team.

    Recall .. Deron Williams had a BUST rookie season. Then Utah signed FA Derek Fisher to be in training-camp to tutor Deron Williams 2nd season in the NBA. Deron Williams had a All-Star season with Fisher as his teammate.

    Recall .. The Lakers getting knock-out in the first round playoff, then going full steam after Derek Fisher in a trade from Utah that offseason. The Derek Fisher-Lakers went on to the FINALS 3 consecutive seasons.

    Recall .. The OKC PG Westbrook were out for practically half of the season, and PG-Reggie Jackson had the best season of his career running the point under Fisher tutorship.

    Phil Jackson working on the TOP executive of the year award by hiring Derek Fisher as head-coach.

    100% agree.......Phil needs to have all his people in doing what he wants........No reason for not everyone to be on the same page....No need to argue about the triangle offense.....No need not to have an open door between president and coach.......This is as good as it gets that its PHIL Jackson or Bust......To me there is a shot for us here to turn this organization around.......

    Melo wont be able to deal with having no power........Melo will be gone.....

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,620
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    What I want to see if DFish brings in his own guys or does PJ select the rest of the coaching staff. I would think that Rambis comes, I think Luke Walton is too green and DFish needs to bring in more experienced coaches than him. A lot of the guys like Bill Cartwright might be off the table since they were guys associated with Kerr but Fisher doesn't know.

  15. #15
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I'm not too pumped about this. Dunno, don't have that much trust in Fisher.

Similar Threads

  1. Derek Jeter 3000 hit
    By Deathstroke in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 00:09
  2. Derek Fisher's Letter To NBA PLayers Leaked
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 16, 2011, 20:55
  3. Heat meet with Derek Fisher
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2010, 00:37
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 07, 2010, 17:06
  5. Report Derek Anderson To Rockets
    By NYK Way in forum NBA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 22, 2005, 14:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •