Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Derek Fisher Finalizing Deal With Knicks

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    There is a lesson.....Its called when you realize as a player there is a new regime coming in who will call the shots and all players would not be held accountable everything changes........

    When Woody came in the players knew they hot gold......They had a new BFF and the Dantonio era was off their shoulders......BUT this is basketball and that u will only take u so far....Woody's BFF with a few of the players backfired and he lost the locker room and the Knicks were the most non united team ever.........

    Melo now holds the keys to who he wants to be as a player.....He has Jackson/Fisher saying take less Money, Play the Triangle and do things OUR way and you will Championships.....Personally I do not think Melo is evolved enough or has the balls to follow the plan .......Melo for Love ?

    .Its called when you realize as a player there is a new regime coming in who will call the shots and all players WOULD BE held accountable everything changes. ( sorry for typo )

  2. #32
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    There is a lesson.....Its called when you realize as a player there is a new regime coming in who will call the shots and all players would not be held accountable everything changes........

    When Woody came in the players knew they hot gold......They had a new BFF and the Dantonio era was off their shoulders......BUT this is basketball and that u will only take u so far....Woody's BFF with a few of the players backfired and he lost the locker room and the Knicks were the most non united team ever.........

    Melo now holds the keys to who he wants to be as a player.....He has Jackson/Fisher saying take less Money, Play the Triangle and do things OUR way and you will Championships.....Personally I do not think Melo is evolved enough or has the balls to follow the plan .......Melo for Love ?

    Agreed if you're looking at it from current player perspective. The Writing Is On The Wall. As far as Melo for K-Love I'd prefer picks and expiring salary instead. I think K-Love is a somewhat flawed player when looked at closely. Don't get me wrong I like some of the things he brings to the table but I want a bare cupboards beginning.

  3. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,303
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    You couldn't have whiffed more with that statement. The Thunder maintained their status without Westrbook because of Durant's MVP campaign during that stretch and the play of Reggie Jackson

    Not to mention....

    You state Fisher's played 17yrs in the league, yet 1 of his 2 notable impacts was finally felt last season of career for a 3mos stretch<---------ROTFLMFAO @ You

    Also why embellish it wasn't for 3mos either. It was for about a month and a half, sprinkled with some layoffs here and there throughout the year from WB's injury.

    Then you try to ascribe all the Laker success to the addition of Fisher, while glossing over the fact of how huge Pau Gasol's addition was the same season? All of which has nothing to do with his coaching abilities btw.

    The Lakers started out 26-15(41gms) during the 2006-2007 season without Fisher.... no major deadline trade(February came around and they took a major slide). They spent half the season 10-11gms over .500. Although this was the season Kobe thought it be a good idea if he shot 27fga/gm probably wore on the team as it dragged along. Who likes playing with ball hogs for 82gms straight?

    The Lakers started out 27-14(41gms) during the 2007-2008 season with Fisher as what you call it the only significant addition to this point. As you can see the team's record wasn't different after 41gms half the season played. They went on to have a wonderful February. Probably nice to hear rumors of getting someone like Pau Gasol the same month what do you think?

    Now if you were tell me Fisher had great influence on Jordan Farmar, Monta Ellis, Baron Davis, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams okay but there's no evidence to suggest he did.



    Go take a nap!!!!!!!!

    Wow! G4
    All I did was write the reason how a role-player (Derek Fisher) lasted 17 yrs in the NBA.
    Fisher performance improve his teammates performance, not just on the court but off the court too.
    There was a reason Fisher were selected to represent the players in the CBA negotiation.

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Agreed if you're looking at it from current player perspective. The Writing Is On The Wall. As far as Melo for K-Love I'd prefer picks and expiring salary instead. I think K-Love is a somewhat flawed player when looked at closely. Don't get me wrong I like some of the things he brings to the table but I want a bare cupboards beginning.

    If we lose Melo and get draft picks God Bless....I just dont see that .......
    to head into 2015 with all the cap space would be a dream come true....
    I just cannot wait to have a real PG on this team....

  5. #35
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    I just cannot wait to have a real PG on this team....
    I'm hoping for Rubio.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,303
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Didn't the Knicks finish the season 18-6 with Woodson after D'Antoni got fired? Came back had a 54win season, followed it up with a 37win season thus Woodson canned.

    Lesson to learn here.....never place too much stock on how a team finishes a season in which they underperformed.

    Giving Woodson credit for a 18-6 start as the Knicks interim HC are the same thing as giving D'Antoni all the credit for "LinSanity". I wonder who u give credit to for the Knicks one win in the 2012 postseason games? LMAO

    It became official that "LinSanity" save the 2011-12 short season after a poor start of 8-15 record, plus HOF "Jason Kidd" leadership gave the Knicks 54 wins in 2012-13 season. FACT!

    The Knicks 37 wins in 2013-14 season credit goes to the NBA "most minute played player" Carmelo Anthony isolation system. Puppet Woodson gave 100% trust in ISO-Melo decision-making to control the offense/defense throughout the 82 game season. The consequence for Woodson's action got him FIRED a week after the season end.
    Puppet Woodson were FIRED for making the wrong decisions throughout the Knicks 61 games (21-40 record).
    Phil Jackson started negotiating a contract with the Knicks the day after the Knicks 40th loss of the season.
    The Knicks-players 16-5 run in the final 21 games of the season were all due to the hiring of the famous HOF "ZEN".....Fact or Fiction?

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,303
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G View Post
    Agreed if you're looking at it from current player perspective. The Writing Is On The Wall. As far as Melo for K-Love I'd prefer picks and expiring salary instead. I think K-Love is a somewhat flawed player when looked at closely. Don't get me wrong I like some of the things he brings to the table but I want a bare cupboards beginning.
    I totally agree .. the Timberwolves performance under coach Adelman only improve 9 games better than the previous season with K.Love being the teams most minute played player. The best I could come-up with in a trade are K.Love for Bargani.
    Melo's worth are good for the Bulls Gibson, and a first round pick.


    Originally Posted by skisloper
    If we lose Melo and get draft picks God Bless....I just dont see that .......
    to head into 2015 with all the cap space would be a dream come true....
    I just cannot wait to have a real PG on this team....
    Phil Jackson first priority were the hire of a HC, Phil's 2nd priority are a veteran starter-PG.
    Phil's 3rd priority are not Melo, it's the hiring of management-staff, and coaching-staff.
    I too, cannot wait to see a confident PG on the Knicks....

  8. #38
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    as long as Fish puts his foot down and realizes players wont grow unless there is some real discipline....we are good

  9. #39
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,382
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Derek Fisher is close to Kevin Durant. KD a free agent in 2 years. If Phil Jax builds the roster over this summer and next summer... and KD fails to win a title... we might have a shot.

Similar Threads

  1. Derek Jeter 3000 hit
    By Deathstroke in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 01:09
  2. Derek Fisher's Letter To NBA PLayers Leaked
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 16, 2011, 21:55
  3. Heat meet with Derek Fisher
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2010, 01:37
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 07, 2010, 18:06
  5. Report Derek Anderson To Rockets
    By NYK Way in forum NBA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 22, 2005, 15:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •