Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The NBA Playoffs

Superstar

Not to mention it doesn't take long to rebuild. I don't know where some get the notion that rebuilding takes decades upon decades to complete, it doesn't. I can start naming several teams now who became relevant within 3yrs by rebuilding their team primarily through the draft.

Donnie Walsh also said he was proud of the job he did here as GM because he left us in a better spot than when he took over. Well how good of a job did he do? Some would argue he left us in a very merky situation.

Donnie Walsh also went back to the team Bird constructed through the draft and has witnessed back-to-back ECF appearances.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jun 16, 2014 at 12:06.

Veteran

With no picks, the Knicks are going to have to be really bad for years before they can even talk about building through the draft. Shump maybe nets you a low first rounder and maybe Chandler can be traded but I don't see anybody giving us a 1st rounder for him.

I'm not disagreeing with you 3G4G, I think I've said before the Knicks should blow the the team up and start from scratch and Phil will be forced to do that esp. if he loses Melo but the route for rebuilding the team with Phil on board will be to clear cap space and bring in stars, let's see if he has the charisma and plan to do what Riley did in Miami.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jun 16, 2014 at 13:33.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    With no picks, the Knicks are going to have to be really bad for years before they can even talk about building through the draft. Shump maybe nets you a low first rounder and maybe Chandler can be traded but I don't see anybody giving us a 1st rounder for him.

I'm not disagreeing with you 3G4G, I think I've said before the Knicks should blow the the team up and start from scratch and Phil will be forced to do that esp. if he loses Melo but the route for rebuilding the team with Phil on board will be to clear cap space and bring in stars, let's see if he has the charisma and plan to do what Riley did in Miami.
    That's not really a realistic plan because let's be honest if Lebron/Wade/Bosh don't collude Riley is irrelevant. Then you have to have a caliber of player availability that rivals such prospect of team building. There aren't any in the 1yr window. The only potential significant Big Fish is Durant and even then that's a pipe dream 2yrs away.... although hopefully we still leave an option open to attract him. In the interim there are players who want to win now and we have limitations to put pieces together to achieve this.

Melo S&T for some picks(2 1rst and a 2nd) next yrs draft and possibly the one after and expiring getting us below the Tax apron

Shump for a pick(1rst) in this yrs draft

Chandler for a pick(1rst) in next yrs draft(may have to take back some salary)

Purchase a pick(best pick possible) in this yrs draft

2015 1rst

Do the math Tig that should be about 5-6picks by the time 2015 team is forming into shape. If it's a trade with Chicago it should net us at least 1 lottery pick(they have several picks), plus our own which should be lottery in 2015. Plus a couple more 1rst and a couple 2nd rounders. It's not hard to do.

Superstar

What a Loony Fool of Buffoonery

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    It'll be at least 5-10 years before the Knicks can build a team like the Spurs. Knick fans better hope the miracle man Phil Jackson can buy a championship while he's at the helm the next 5 years.

The Knicks biggest 50 yr problem lie in having a poor coaching-staff, plus the jealousy of NBA teams of the Knicks organization gross-profit for 40 consecutive seasons. Trades were always hard for the Knicks.
    Knicks coach Pat Riley in 1989-91 had to find star-players in the CBA League, Starks & Anthony Mason.

Phil Jackson eliminated the Knicks biggest losing problem when he FIRED the entire Knicks coaching-staff.
    Plus hiring a young HC Derek Fisher to give the Knicks a winning future.
    Those actions were the first priority of building a winning Knicks team.

Superstar

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    lol @ hanging the hat on Kevin Love "New York is attractive with the Phil there" but forgetting to mention him saying..."Hey Wolves trade me now so I can be on a playoff team this Spring-April." Kevin Love is alright but he's nothing special.
    Per Chad Ford if he's not being Chad Fraud that is...

The Boston Celtics continue to pursue a trade for Kevin Love, offering the No. 6 and No. 17 picks in this year's draft, along with future No. 1's and young players such as Jared Sullinger or Kelly Olynyk.

Flip Saunders does not want to trade away Love, but he is beginning to realize that he would lose him for nothing next summer and this offer from the Celtics may be the best one he receives from any team.

The Wolves would own picks No. 6, 13 and 17, which could allow them to remake the core of the roster.
    Of course if Love's heart was set on New York all he'd have to see is he wants to play out the season in Minnesota and then test the Free Agent market and BOOM sign with us. But of course he nor his camp has given one inkling to such a reasonable yet preposterous idea.(rolling eyes)

btw who's in Melo's Black Book remember he had loads of names in it right?

Superstar

What a Loony Fool of Buffoonery

lol PWNED!!!!

Last edited by 3G4G; Jun 18, 2014 at 22:10.

Superstar

Pat Riley seriously?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Pat Riley seriously?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Yeah Pat Riley!
    I dont think u are old enough for a conversation about the master coach Red Holzman.

Pat Riley found out NBA teams had the Knicks on the black-list when it came to trading players.
    The last Knicks player that had the most minute played in the NBA, were a guy name Anthony Mason.
    Pat Riley found Anthony Mason and John Starks in the CBA League.
    The two CBA League players outstanding performance were the main reason the Knicks went to the FINALS.
    Anthony Mason 40 plus minute playing-time reduce Charles Oakley playing-time to 12 minutes per game.
    Why did the Knicks trade Anthony Mason the year after making the FINALS, for a career injured Larry Johnson???
    Did u know Larry Johnson rarely received any playingtime in the JVG rotation, until Oakley were traded.

Red Holzman #1, Pat Riley #2, now 2014 Phil Jackson #3 to take the NY Knicks to new heights...
    Phil Jackson confidence in hiring a young headcoach Derek Fisher, who did well improving so many young teammates talents throughout his 17 yr career as a player on 4 different teams.
    Phil Jackson acknowledge if trading Knicks veteran players become difficult, he could rely on a great coaching-staff to give the Knicks young players enough confidence to fore-fill a void in the rotation to keep the Knicks playing above .500 throughout any season.

Veteran

lol PWNED!!!!

I give Coach-Pops super PROPS for outstanding-team-coaching from 2001 to 2014.
    However .... the 2014 FINALS were GARBAGE!

It was like buying two $2 thousand dollar seat tickets to watch Mike Tyson KO Mike Spinks in 19 seconds in the first-round with a grazed punch. And Mike Spinks retiring from boxing after the Tyson fight with 30 something wins, 20 something KO's, and only 1 loss in his professional career vs Tyson.
    The same Mike Spinks who won a GOLD medal for KO's in the Olympics, along with his brother Leon Spinks who also won a GOLD medal for KO.

Too PHONEY!!!