Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Bring Lebron to the Knicks thread

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Everybody take less $$$$ for ONE season and let's get this CHIP.... Call STAT,Tyson and say look it.... Melo get on the line with your boy Lebron....
    Knicks New Starting Five:

PG-Shump
    SG-Melo
    SF-Lebron
    PF-STAT
    C-Tyson

Get her dun Phil
    That sucks just because Amare and Tyson are guaranteed to get injured. Need to somehow trade them, sign and trades with LBJ and Melo perhaps.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper;
    No way Melo or lebron are risking injury and leaving 80 million each minimum on the table....

anyone know if we lose Melo for zero do we have any cap space ?
    Still over the cap w/o Melo.

$67,686,515 2014 Knicks payroll not inc Melo
    $63,200,000 2014 proj cap
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jun 24, 2014 at 17:02.

Veteran

Another bad thing about the payroll is I don't think we can do a SnT for Melo either w/o getting a 3rd team with cap space involved.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Another bad thing about the payroll is I don't think we can do a SnT for Melo either w/o getting a 3rd team with cap space involved.
    Yeah, probably true, but in this day and age of the NBA, getting a third team involved should be doable.

Still over the cap w/o Melo.

$67,686,515 2014 Knicks payroll not inc Melo
    $63,200,000 2014 proj cap
    Man that's terrible lol. Imagine this team as currently constructed without Melo, and we would STILL be over the cap.

We just gotta suck it up for 1 more year, then once Tyson, Amare and Bargnani come off the books in 2015 hopefully Phil can start moving this team in the right direction.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Veteran

I agree. Makes sense. Lebron during the Finals looked like Melo did ALL season: tired of trying to carry a team to no avail. Neither Melo or LBJ can beat any Western Champion, weather it's San Antonio, OKC, Clippers, Houston, Portland, Golden State, on there own. The two need each other to get their next Championship or the West will rule for the next five years. I hope it's in NY. Do your thing Phil.

lebron makes a good 30 mil or more off the court, have him sign the mle with us for a season roughly 6 mil and his endorsements could double and offset the lower salary for playing in ny

Veteran

That's what I'm talkin about....I guess we would have find a way to move move Amare, Chandler, and Bargiani to get it done. Broussard continued that Dallas would be interested in Chandler, Philly in Amare, and someone could shove Andrea in front of an oncoming subway train on his way back from little Italy grabbing some canolli

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    That's what I'm talkin about....I guess we would have find a way to move move Amare, Chandler, and Bargiani to get it done. Broussard continued that Dallas would be interested in Chandler, Philly in Amare, and someone could shove Andrea in front of an oncoming subway train on his way back from little Italy grabbing some canolli
    lol Politically incorrect but funny none the less.

Lebron would have to take a pay cut to come to New York, he might be willing but a S&T would have to be on the table with Miami to make it happen... The Heat would have to accept at least two contracts like J.R. Smith or Raymond Felton with Tyson Chandler to make it work... Could go the route of offering J.R. Smith, Raymond Felton & Andrea Bargnani but both scenarios are highly unlikely... Then it would make sense that Carmelo Anthony re-ups with New York to play side by side with Lebron...

The Knicks still have the option of trading Shumpert then in the draft acquire a replacement PG for Felton who could be capable of starting his rookie season along side both Melo & Bron with Tyler spot starting with Stat at Center if Tyson is involved with that trade otherwise Melo at the 3, Bron at the 4 with Chandler at the 5 opens the door for Murry or Prospect at the Point with Hardaway at the 2... Hardway could also spot start at Point Guard with Fisher being the Head Coach guiding him to run the position... Signing a veteran point to start could be in the options as well...

I just don't see it happening... But if it did it would be along these lines...

Here is an interesting take on bringing Lebron to the Knicks...

Sign Lebron one year $3.3 M and then re-sign Melo to a competitive contract, come next year re-sign Lebron to a quality worth contract and find a third piece to the puzzle...

Wonder if this would be possible and if James would consider this type of move, if it is all about winning championships and not about the money... The possibility of Lebron playing with Melo in New York might not be as dim as first thought, lol...

Nothing against him personally, but I don't want LeBron on the Knicks. I rather the Knicks beat him.

First step to possibly giving Lebron a chance to head to New York with this Dallas deal almost completed opening other deals with newly acquired assets to maybe move both Bargnani & Stoudemire could be on the horizon... Knicks could then out right sign both Lebron & Melo with a possible third like Eric Bledsoe or Greg Monroe or both... Phil Jackson making moves, how many is yet to be determined but so far happy to get rid of Raymond Felton & Tyson Chandler, skies the limit...

Veteran

Any contender team from the previous season like Chicago/Houston will have to do a sign and trade to add Melo.
    They will have to subtract (Boozer/Asik & Lin) to add a high salary Melo. Melo's not a $8M per player.

Please someone tell me WTF is up with Lebron?
    All the major media attention in the offseason will be on Lebron's decision again.

Will Lebron take a pay-cut for the Heat to get a bigman to add with Bosh & Birdman?
    Will Lebron go back to the Cavs who got the first pick in the 2014 draft, plus cap room to sign Love???

Veteran

Lebron is NOT going back to Cleveland point blank. Dan Gilbert talked to much crevice hurting junk after the decision for Lebron to EVER go back there. Just like Pat Riley pushed Lebron to opt out after Pat's smack talkin exit presser lol# u mitches got to be more careful