NYK won`t make the playoffs

laci_free

Rookie
Although I`m a big fan of the Knicks I`m also a very old fan of the team and I can tell you guys that they won`t pass the first round of the playoffs if they qualify.
I`m not pesimistic I`m just realistic. we don`t have an agressive player like Sprewel and our bench sucks!!! for the playoffs you need both and although healthy starters
what is your opinion????
P.S. if I`m wrong I`ll be the happiest next to you guys :p :p
Laci
New topic at feb 3 2005
if this situation doesn`t wake them up then they can all go back on the streets and play some hoops over there.
crawford rulzzzz
you guys keep telling on the forum that we hace to buid arround Ariza, Sweetney, Mohamed, JW. Please guys look at their stats. young players that deserve to bulid a team arround usually play between very good and excelent and what do we have here? :bat:

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
Re: NYK won`t pass first round

look one second were looking like a top 10 nba next second we look like a bottom 10 ....we still havent found what kind of team we are i think its ridiculous when ppl like isiah make predictions like 42 wins and other ppl say first round exit just because noone knows right now.....give it some time wait tilll everyones healthy i think we should start trying to make predictions a bit after allstar break its still mad early

laci_free

Rookie
do you really think that if everybody will be fit the Knicks is between the 4 best teams in East?!
do you really believe that we have a great roster?!
what about the bench, you predict that they`ll rock to floor this season?!
don`t you think that the players are pretty old ?! make an avarage!
all these things were in my mind when I made that prediction.
I`ll be happy if I`m wrong

pbjb14

Benchwarmer

laci_free said:
I`m just realistic. we don`t have an agressive player like Sprewel
Laci

how long has it been since uve seen a knick game theres a man named jerome williams in the starting line up and he is much more agressive then spreewell.....dont worry you will be wrong

NYKnicks15

Starter
As of right now, if standings would stay the same (and if im doing this correctly) the Knicks would be playing Orlando in the first round of the eastern conference playoffs. I cant say for certain but if everything goes the way it did last game when we played them we WILL advance. But then again you cant judge it on one game.

laci_free

Rookie
I like JW too but you can`t compare him with Spreewel...and unfortunatly JW is the only one who can step up from the bench and be a starter whenever is needed.
...just because the Kniskc is playing better then in the last years you shouldn`t fool yourselfs and think that we are a very good team
...it`s Marbury who makes the difference
...I still think that our bench sucks big-time!!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i don't think our problem is with the roster (starters or bench). we have great players at least 2 of them could be allstars and 1 could have candidate for ROY award if he would be played properly. the problem is somewhere else. there's something in their game that just doesn't go right. looks like neither money, nor lenny can motivate them enough. even with sprewell back (which will never happen as long as dolan is in town), our situation wouldn't be any brighter.
their mentality must change, their attitude must change, they must remember that they play for NY in the most famous arena. something definitely is happening since they aren't showing no heart

laci_free

Rookie
most of the Knicks players don`t have to prove a thing anymore, they passed that age
maybe J.Williams and Crawford want to prove and besides Houston and K.Thomas who are old Knickerbockers I don`t think the rest of the guys realize that they play for our NYK.
Lenny should change his attitude not his job!

Blumatic

Rotation player

laci_free said:
Although I`m a big fan of the Knicks I`m also a very old fan of the team and I can tell you guys that they won`t pass the first round of the playoffs if they qualify.
I`m not pesimistic I`m just realistic. we don`t have an agressive player like Sprewel and our bench sucks!!! for the playoffs you need both and although healthy starters
what is your opinion????
Laci

Our bench is not bad. If they happen to start JYD and Crawford. We would have TT and H2o coming off the bench. Then Moochie and Sweetney, and Ariza. We are just injured right now now and we could of won more games if we were healthy. However the defense must improve no matter what but JYD starting will pay dividends.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I agree we dont have a bad bench, Honestly our future is on that bench. Usually I dont have too much faith in rookies. And I really dont care who went what number in the damn draft. (talkin bout Ariza) Look at Olowokandi! Point proven. BUT!!! I mite be jumping the gun when saying this but Mike Sweetney and Trevor Ariza are definetly are future stars. Sure they have a lot to learn but they are and with them on the bench Im pretty secure in knowing our bench can back us up. if we want to go to on backups look at this and this isnt definite cause who knows who will be starting and Sweetney backs up Mo' sometimes and same with Williams.

Mohammed 13 ppg BACKUP Williams 5 ppg (but when he plays mins. he gets 15 ppg)
K Thomas 13 ppg BACKUP Sweetney 7.5 ppg
T Thomas 11 ppg BACKUP Ariza 5 ppg
Crawford 20 ppg BACKUP Houston 12 ppg (and im sure hell be explosive off the bench)
Marbury 20 ppg BACKUP Norris 3 ppg (same deal with Williams with not as big stats)
I can say I am positive our bench will back us up.

Onto the comment about not having nothing to prove...well i totally disagree with that.
lets go down the list of what they have to prove....
Mohammed (he can be a dominant center)
Baker (that he hasnt lost it)
Sundov (that he isnt a pos)
Thomas (hes a great player and get some recognition for it)
Sweetney (that he is our future)
Ariza (same thing and that he should of went earlier in the draft)
Tim Thomas (that he isnt useless)
Norris (that hes a stable pg)
Hardaway (that he is still PENNY and he deserves more mins)
Brewer (that he should get some mins)
Crawford (that hes a team player and a future allstar)
Houston (that he hasnt lost his step)
Marbury (that a team CAN do good with him and that he mite be the best pg!)
and last Williams and on this i have to say he doesnt have to prove anything.....because he proves himself each and every night...as the rest of the Knicks should be doing!

Each and every player has something to prove on that squad and as an unit they have the most important things to prove...that they were chosen by Isiah for a reason, they arent just a .500 team, that they can be a great force in the east and that collectively they can win a championship :hump:

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
I totally agree with you. Lets not give up on NY yet. They have alot of talent and skill. They have a mix of youth, veterans and the people right in the middle. Issiah brought a lot of talent together under one of the best caoches in the NBA. What the players need right now is the drive. Starting right now, lets see if they have the heart and the drive...

laci_free

Rookie
guys, you might be right in several points and you proved pretty good that I`m wrong, it`s the Knicks who has to prove it as well and then I`ll appologize for my pesimistic predictions!!!
go Knicks!!!! :lol:

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
Do you people really think that Sweetney is our future? He is not athetlic. Name one big man who is not athletic who produces good numbers. Ben Wallace, Kevein Garnett, Jermaine O'Neal - those are all guys who are good athletes. Do you honestly see Sweetney ever turning into any of them? I don't. He's too short at only 6'8 to be a dominating PF in this league. That's the truth. Maybe if he had great speed, vertical hops, or incredible strength, he could, but really he's just a big (somewhat fat) guy who can get some rebounds because thats what any big guy can and should be able to do. He's never going to run in transtition like Kenyon Martin or block shots like Ben Wallace. Its just not going to happen.

Ariza has more potential, but its probably another 3-4 years before he averages more than 15 points a game. And that is only IF he works hard at his game - lost of guys have the talent but never live up to expectations. We're talking about Ariza as if he's going to be an All Star. They were saying the same thing about Tim Thomas in Milwaukee a few years ago.

Crawford can average 20 points a game, but thats about all he does. He doesn't play good defense, doesn't rebound, isn't the greatest "point guard", and takes really bad shots to maitain his scoring average. Is he going to be a star? I'd say he's got the most potential on this team to be one, but he's too skinny, and everyone always says "you can bulk up and learn to play the game better", but really, nobody every does. If you're not a good player by your 5th year in the league, you probably never will be. All the superstars became really good players by their 5th year, even the ones that came out of high school. Look at Lebron...he's a star in only his second year.

So basically, our team is going nowhere. We really hae to admit that to ourselves, or else we will be destined for mediocrity not just this year, but in the next several years to come. Who actually thinks the Knicks will do any damage in the playoffs this year? You'd be crazy to think so.

We need to unload this roster and move in a different direction. Its hard to admit to yourself that your team sucks, but really its the smart thing to do. Isiah needs to swallow his pride and admit he hasn't done much to improve this team since he got here. I doubt he will ever unload, because his ego is too enormous, so I guess my proposed trades will be useless...but anyway, here they go:

Marbury, Houston, Hardaway

for

Rahim, Stoudamire, Patterson, Telfair, Outlaw

We get about 35 million comming off the books with the expiring contracts, along with two young players who could develop into something.

K. Thomas and T. Thomas

for

U. Haslem, E. Jones and a 1st Rd. Pick

Miami gets an upgrade at PF and I'd say about a wash at SF, we get younger, an expiring contract in Jones, and a draft pick.

This will give more time to Sweetney and Ariza this season. Hopefully Sweetney can put up 13 and 7 and we can use him as trade bait at the end of the season.

With all the expiring contracts, we can sign free agents such as K. Brown, S. Swift or E. Curry - who are younger, have some experience in the league, and can really turn into All Stars someday. I think Ray Allen will be a free agent this year - how about signing him? What about getting Michael Redd? With expiring contracts, draft picks, we could make trades to get these players.

I know its never going to happen, but its what I would do if I was the GM.

Blumatic

Rotation player
^^^^ Stop it with the "Getting Rid of Marbury" Nonsense. He is a great point guard. He just needs help. If he stayed in Minnesota who would of been the self-proclaimed, best point Guard in the NBA. But he forced his way out and he's always been on bad teams. If Marbury got hurt the team would not be better without him. Marbury just needs the right system to play in, with a legitimmate big man, to win a championsip. In order to win games right now, They need to be healthy.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
its not that marbury is a bad player, but he's not someone who can carry his team on his back and lead them to victory, like kobe, kg, duncan, iverson, etc can. and its not really that i dont like marbury, its that i think the team needs change, and if we could package him with some overpaid deteriorating scrubs, then its worth it to trade him. id like to keep him, but he has good trade value and we could get a lot back in return for him.

Blumatic

Rotation player
a knick fan said:
its not that marbury is a bad player, but he's not someone who can carry his team on his back and lead them to victory, like kobe, kg, duncan, iverson, etc can. and its not really that i dont like marbury, its that i think the team needs change, and if we could package him with some overpaid deteriorating scrubs, then its worth it to trade him. id like to keep him, but he has good trade value and we could get a lot back in return for him.

You cant put Kobe in that category, This is now his team. Before it was Shaq. So far he is not fairing that well. Iverson had one good year, and only got past the first round once after that. KG's team is falling apart right now. Is J-Kidd is struggling also - be cause his team is unhealthy an broken apart. You need a team man. Evryone is a part of the puzzle. He is a major piece he just needs to be surrounded better. Marbury knows how to make his teammates better, but Marbury also needs to be in a position to do so.
Remember when Kidd got traded for Marbury, the Suns wanted to get rid of kidd b/c he couldnt score enough. He needs better surroundings.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
its not that i dont like marbury. he is deserving of his contract. but like you said, its not just one guy, it has to be a whole team to win ball games. but theres too many knicks who DON'T deserve their contracts and clog up the payroll and hinder this teams chances of getting better. i would love to keep marbury and just trade away hardaway, t thomas, houston, norris, etc. But nobody would take them if Marbury wasn't included. I guess we could just be patient and do nothing and wait till this offseason to use t thomas and hardaway's expiring contracts to sign young, talented free agents, but i just am sick of watching the knicks win a game and then lose the next and have nothing happen in terms of trades or any kind of change to make me feel like things are going to get better. i cant even watch them play anymore and watch them lose to the BULLS (yeah i know they're on a winning streak).

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I skimmed through the posts......

Look no one be baggin' on Sweetney and Marbury. Second the old Spree is done, I don't want him back now.....

Secondly, I still have faith in them, thier 1st in the Atlantic, one good run and they pull away, then they have to step it up in the playoffs......

NYKnicks15

Starter
kudos to Blumatic, good post.

I thinking trading marbury here isnt the right idea. in NY you need big names and they love hometown boys. He fits that bill aswell as being a good player. Plus you cant put the blame on him. Not one person carries a team, if that was the case Malone have won a championship, and so would Iverson, KG, Kidd. and Marino would of won a superbowl ring.

JALEN ROSE....i say make that trade, trade Penny for Rose. Okay so yes we get a big contract for two more years. BUT after one year he can be bait aswell if all doesnt work out. Okay we are picking up and older player with poor shot selection...but then again look who we are trading!!! Make it, thatll be our new Small Forward.

TIM THOMAS...i like thomas but he's going to be traded no matter what. His contract is very attractive and we can get something for it...maybe wait until the offseason where Eddy Curry will get that big extension and trade a package of expiring contracts like Thomas, Baker, Norris something along those lines for Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis or something we get bigs and get out a problem, not sure itd work but its worth a try ..they did accept all those expiring contracts for Crawford ...we accept a good young big new player and an expiring contract of Davis', plus itll give the bulls a chance to run at a free agent in 05-06 and 06-07...

C. Eddy Curry
PF Kurt Thomas
SF Jalen Rose
SG Jamal Crawford
PG Stephon Marbury....that sounds alright to me what do you think???, kinda a BullKnick roster though haha

laci_free

Rookie
GUYS! these trade talks of yours make me believe that i might be right in not giving the Knicks a chance to pass the first round!
and it is weird for me as a european to see that everybody wants new players and nobody cares about building a Knicks with players that do not come and go every year.
I think all we need would be a new coach and 2 young explosive players for the bench.
The roster is not bad but unfortunatly some of the players think that their starter statute is guarenteed for evry game. ...well some good players from the bench could change that
go Knicks , we are your fans through good and bad ( lately through bad times mostly)