Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NYK won`t make the playoffs

Veteran

infuriating? thats a strong word. Especially considering I never made any stupid ideas for Shaq or Kobe. Mine were somewhat logical. Players we could actually get around to acquring. Like Chandler, Swift, Clark, House, Marshall, Rose, and the only true out there ones i proposed were Webber and Curry. Webber isnt really that far out there either...

Either with a straight trade of Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas for Webber OR my three way trade idea which actually and you have to admit makes sense for all teams. if you didnt get a chance to read it I will repost it...

Sacramento gets Alonzo Mourning, Donyell Mashall and Tim Thomas
    New York gets Chris Webber and Jalen Rose....Toronto gets Kurt Thomas and Penny Hardaway....it works out salary cap wise and everyone will get better and what they want...sacramento getting rid of Webber if they still want to, Toronto gettin cap space and rid of Rose, NY what they want in Webber/Rose and rid of Penny/Tim.
    And the other "out there" thing you said I posted about Phil Jackson well I responded to it in another thread...and its in the paper, which you seem to always believe soo read it buddy. Have a nice day

guuuuys!! chiiiiill, no need to kill each other, just take it slow

Veteran

its for the love of the game Go Knicks!

I agree with that. I want isiah to bring artest to NY. and don't tell me anything about the detroit brawl and all that BS. Ron is a great and YOUNG player. He'll really make us better. He can score, he can rebound, he can pass and he's the best defender in the league. What do you guys want ? I don't want a desesperate trade in order to make us win 4 or 5 games more. just wait the offseason and please zeke bring us ron to NY!!!

Veteran

i agree with that but what would we have to get to get him? The only player we can really is Kurt. Then we are still stuck with Tim and Penny unless we make a trade for a good PF between the two of them...

PACERS
    C Jermaine O'Neal
    F Kurt Thomas
    F Stephen Jackson
    G Reggie Miller
    G Jamaal Tinsley

KNICKS
    C Nazr Mohammed
    F Mike Sweetney
    F Ron Artest
    G Jamal Crawford
    G Stephon Marbury

do you like the looks of it??? I do and its good for both teams...but what PF would you go after for Tim and Penny??? OORRR would you let them run out their contracts and save the cap space???

andrew kirilenko - that guy is a star. is he going to be a free agent or is has he alerady gotten a big contract extension. id love to have him and artest as power and small forwards. that would be the best defensive combo of forwards in the nba. first and second best defensive players in the nba, or right up there at least. maybe utah doesnt want him since they signed boozer? or they cant afford him? sweetney for kirilenko?

Veteran

yea sucks but Kirilenko already got an extension...a big one at that, no where near what Sweetneys contract is if you were talking trade. Utah uses Kirilenko at Small Forward when hes not injured.

Im starting to think we should wait until the offseason to make any transactions. Why rush one when we can take our time and think it out. I think we should pursue that Webber trade heavily (depending on if they are even thinking about trading him). Ron Artest like he said above. Then small pickups like Keon Clark and Eddie House to fill out the roster. See how many people are actually interested in Tim Thomas and Penny Hardaway aswell as the expiring contracts of Baker and Norris.

I think we are set on the Guards (even though they always dont come through ahhhumm Crawford). We should focus on the Forward positions and Center. I like Kurt and Nazr but some bigger more athletic players would be nice....Any trade ideas for the offseason???? or pickups??

Hey guys i'm from Australia and i have seen a player that seems like he can play some good ball in the nba he is in his rookie season in the nbl ( aussie league). Apparently the spurs are scouting him he is a ginobili type player and i think he could become a star in the nba.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

and this other guy could give steve francis a run for a best pg dunker
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

have you heard of Andrew Gaze?

I would take that guy `cause we really need some changes. A new mentality could help Knicks to rebiuld. We need some european players too: like Paul Gasol or Kirilenko!

three more losses without a win and we will have to change the title of the topic in ``Knicks won`t make the playoffs again``... but it sounds like an old title doesn`t it? I think I heard this one a couple of times before

Right now, for the Knicks to accualty get into the first round of the playoffs would be a accomplishment.

They won't even make into the playoffs!!

New topic at feb 3 2005
    if this situation doesn`t wake them up then they can all go back on the streets and play some hoops over there.
    crawford rulzzzz
    you guys keep telling on the forum that we have to buid arround Ariza, Sweetney, Mohamed, JW. Please guys look at their stats. young players that deserve to bulid a team arround usually play between very good and excelent and what do we have here?

Veteran

are you saying ariza, sweetney, mohammed arent young?? im confused

and crawford?? hes been decent lately taking his shot selection and driving to the hole FINALLY but i wouldnt say he rulz. id trade him if we could get something GREAT and consistent in return

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    are you saying ariza, sweetney, mohammed arent young?? im confused

and crawford?? hes been decent lately taking his shot selection and driving to the hole FINALLY but i wouldnt say he rulz. id trade him if we could get something GREAT and consistent in return
    Crawford has all the tools to be a great player, he just needs to get consistant and needs to show some leadership on the floor.

I do beleive that a reason for his bad shot selection most the time is being stuck with the ball on the wing with the shot clock winding down and having to create himself to get a shot off.