Do we trade Tyson and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul1355

All Star
Tyson Chandler is entering the last year of his contract with NY and speculation has it that the Knicks want younger players. Tyson is aging fast and is obviously not the same player he was when he first came to NY. A team that wants to take the next level and acquire a good center can use him.

We should all assume that Tyson gets moved. His contract is too high and he will probably demand the same amount, which he is not worth anymore.

Where does he go?

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
There three teams that a trade could be very likely but the compensation might be the problem:

Phoenix Suns - Knicks would target the 18th overall selection, Suns might try to sway the 27th which either one is a win...
Dallas Mavericks - Knicks would want a 1st but would have to be 2016 from Dallas but could squeeze this years 2nd also, the only problem is even Dallas won't give multiple picks for Tyson... Maybe the Knicks can throw in Felton...
Cleveland Cavaliers - 33rd pick plus a future 2nd round with a player like Tyler Zeller or Tristan Thompson could be suffice...

Out of the three I would take the Cavs with a getting a prospect like Zeller or Thompson with a couple of 2nd rounders... Some might say that is ludicrous but looking at our roster we need a youth movement with potential to move forward with... If some how we can swing getting Zeller he could immediately step in with P.J.'s triangle playbook and be successful...

The Knicks need to move these players including Tyson Chandler to have a chance at revamping the roster:

Raymond Felton
J.R. Smith
Andrea Bargnani
Tyson Chandler
Iman Shumpert

Moving Bargnani will be the problem but a team like Dallas might be interested as Dirk isn't getting any younger... Tossing J.R. Smith who could be the Starting Small Forward, we can then target the 2016 1st round pick for both players...

There are plenty of teams right now with 1st round picks that would offer a bounty to acquire Shumpert and it is time to cut the cord especially with Hardaway proving he can be that starting shooting guard...

Would put Stat on that list but what team is really going to give something worth while for us to take back, and its only one more year of having him around, if we clear the rest of the roster via trades we can grab a few young talent to bolster the roster for this year...

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks without Carmelo Anthony ball-hoggin for 40 minutes per game gives the Knicks a new/better out-look to winning.
No more 48 minutes of ISO-ISO-ISO

Phil Jackson next-move hopefully during draft-night, or in a sign n trade for Melo, are getting the Knicks a decent starter PG.
Plus sign a couple of perimeter-shooters to go with 2nd season SG-THJ.

Here are the Knicks inside-scorers for next season
Tyson Chandler will play like a star-center for Phil next season to get a $$$ contract in 2015 offseason.
Amare Stoudemire will play like a star PF for Phil next season to get a $$$ contract in 2015 offseason.
Bargani will play like a star role-player at C/F for Phil next season to get a decent contract in 2015 offseason.
All 3 frontcourt bigmen could be easly traded during the season, especially when the Knicks start the season winning.

Tyson Chandler's a decent asset for any team.
u just dont kick Tyson to the curb, before seeing what Phil/Fisher/and a efficient coaching-staff could do with his talent.

Paul1355

All Star
There three teams that a trade could be very likely but the compensation might be the problem:

Phoenix Suns - Knicks would target the 18th overall selection, Suns might try to sway the 27th which either one is a win...
Dallas Mavericks - Knicks would want a 1st but would have to be 2016 from Dallas but could squeeze this years 2nd also, the only problem is even Dallas won't give multiple picks for Tyson... Maybe the Knicks can throw in Felton...
Cleveland Cavaliers - 33rd pick plus a future 2nd round with a player like Tyler Zeller or Tristan Thompson could be suffice...

Out of the three I would take the Cavs with a getting a prospect like Zeller or Thompson with a couple of 2nd rounders... Some might say that is ludicrous but looking at our roster we need a youth movement with potential to move forward with... If some how we can swing getting Zeller he could immediately step in with P.J.'s triangle playbook and be successful...

The Knicks need to move these players including Tyson Chandler to have a chance at revamping the roster:

Raymond Felton
J.R. Smith
Andrea Bargnani
Tyson Chandler
Iman Shumpert

Moving Bargnani will be the problem but a team like Dallas might be interested as Dirk isn't getting any younger... Tossing J.R. Smith who could be the Starting Small Forward, we can then target the 2016 1st round pick for both players...

There are plenty of teams right now with 1st round picks that would offer a bounty to acquire Shumpert and it is time to cut the cord especially with Hardaway proving he can be that starting shooting guard...

Would put Stat on that list but what team is really going to give something worth while for us to take back, and its only one more year of having him around, if we clear the rest of the roster via trades we can grab a few young talent to bolster the roster for this year...
good stuff...I know those 3 teams you mentioned have been rumored to have interest in Tyson. Dallas we could get Dalembert on a one year with brandon wright and a 2nd rounder,etc...

I like the Cavs move of Zeller with a 2nd rounder or two

If Phoenix can offer the 18th pick we could go for that and throw in a player to compensate...then trade Shump to OKC for a later pick and start the rebuild effort on the right foot

Paul1355

All Star
The Knicks without Carmelo Anthony ball-hoggin for 40 minutes per game gives the Knicks a new/better out-look to winning.
No more 48 minutes of ISO-ISO-ISO

Phil Jackson next-move hopefully during draft-night, or in a sign n trade for Melo, are getting the Knicks a decent starter PG.
Plus sign a couple of perimeter-shooters to go with 2nd season SG-THJ.

Here are the Knicks inside-scorers for next season
Tyson Chandler will play like a star-center for Phil next season to get a $$$ contract in 2015 offseason.
Amare Stoudemire will play like a star PF for Phil next season to get a $$$ contract in 2015 offseason.
Bargani will play like a star role-player at C/F for Phil next season to get a decent contract in 2015 offseason.
All 3 frontcourt bigmen could be easly traded during the season, especially when the Knicks start the season winning.

Tyson Chandler's a decent asset for any team.
u just dont kick Tyson to the curb, before seeing what Phil/Fisher/and a efficient coaching-staff could do with his talent.
Kiya- I know you have been the one to predict things no one else predicts and it comes true but i have to disagree with you on the "star" label being given to Tyson and Amare. No system can make these guys stars again, they are way past their prime and declining fast.

They might be able to play consistently in system basketball but Tyson isnt Shaq...I see Amare benefiting from the triangle more than Tyson.

I agree with the sign and trade for Melo.

The Bulls have been rumored to be willing to dump their first round picks for an elite scorer and we could take those picks with guys like Taj Gibson and Jimmie Butler and start the rebuild or trade Melo to the west to Houston and get Lin, Asik, Parson and a pick

tiger0330

Legend
Did you guys read the Tyson for David Lee rumors. The Knicks would have to take on salary but this might be the best deal the Knicks can get.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya- I know you have been the one to predict things no one else predicts and it comes true but i have to disagree with you on the "star" label being given to Tyson and Amare. No system can make these guys stars again, they are way past their prime and declining fast.

They might be able to play consistently in system basketball but Tyson isnt Shaq...I see Amare benefiting from the triangle more than Tyson.

I agree with the sign and trade for Melo.

The Bulls have been rumored to be willing to dump their first round picks for an elite scorer and we could take those picks with guys like Taj Gibson and Jimmie Butler and start the rebuild or trade Melo to the west to Houston and get Lin, Asik, Parson and a pick

Tyson Chandler always perform like a star-center when u add a forward defensive-leader in the lineup with him .. Deng/West/Marion/Jefferies .. Tyson plays a great role at center when given less than 30 minutes per game, and when he has the same players in his line-up.
Tyson will be in the league for 4 or 5 more seasons.

Amare Stoudemire will play like a star PF when u put a forward defensive-leader in the lineup with him .. Marion/Grant Hill/Will Chandler/Jefferies .. Amare will dominate the frontcourt when playing 32 minutes per game in an uptempo offense scoring before opponents could set-up on defense.
Amare will be in the league for 4 to 5 more seasons.

I dont see the Knicks playing a "triangle-system" until midseason.
If the Knicks could grab the Bulls Gibson team-leadership in a sign n trade for Melo the Knicks frontcourt bigmen of Tyson/Amare/Barg/Gibson/Tyler are capable of having a 50 win 2014-15 season. By adding a decent pass-first starter PG (similar to Grizz PG-Mike Conley).

Kiyaman

Legend
Did you guys read the Tyson for David Lee rumors. The Knicks would have to take on salary but this might be the best deal the Knicks can get.

David Lee and Tyson Chandler would make a great starter frontcourt bigman line-up for the Knicks.
Knicks never should've traded David Lee, especially when the Knicks forced David Lee to play center for two seasons in a row.
David Lee's great passing skills, and double-double performance only need a defensive-center in the line-up with him to be a strong force in the frontcourt.
The Knicks trading Tyson to get Lee makes no sense, when the two players offense/defense would fit perfect as teammates.

Tyson Chandler"s the only experience defensive big the Knicks have under contract, which makes Tyson a big asset to the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Amare and Tyson will bot get injured it's guaranteed. No team wants them we'll have to ride out their contracts.

I doubt that happening in their final contract season.

I don't see Phil Jackson trading a defensive-big center, especially as a player Phil Jackson were the Knicks defensive-big F/C coming off the bench as a 6th/7th man.
The Knicks trading Tyson to get Lee makes no sense, when a tandem of Tyson/Lee are a perfect fit as offense/defense frontcourt teammates.

What I do see Phil Jackson doing with GS Steve Kerr are ..
Melo for Lee/Barnes/2nd
Amare for Lee/Barnes/2nd
Barg/Felton for Lee/Barnes

Pick one for a trade for Tyson
Centers

1) Noah
2) Gasol
3) Howard
4) Horford
5) Splitter
6) Hibbert
7) Jefferson
8) Dalembert
9) Cousins
10) Lopez Robin
11) DeAndre

I doubt that happening in their final contract season. big F/C coming
DeAndre
They can try harder due to being a contract year but I doubt that keeps them injury free. Not Amare at least. Was last season a one time thing for Tyson and he is about to bounce back and play a full season? Doubt it. But maybe some team accepts them in a trade with the benefit being getting big but expiring contracts. Possible. But them playing good and uninjured, don't see it.

paris401

Starter
I just thought of a trade... how about Tyson+felton to dallas for dalembert+calderon+ a couple of 2nd rounders... what u guys think??

Status
Not open for further replies.