Thread: The 2013 team was only 4 wins better than the 2006-2007 team

Veteran

Default The 2013 team was only 4 wins better than the 2006-2007 team

Yeah, uh, I don't know if anyone has picked up on this yet, especially since I haven't been around much. We all know how bad the Knicks were last year, but it just hit me:

Isiah as coach led the Knicks to a 33-49 record in the 2006-2007 season with the likes of Eddy Curry and Stephon Marbury as his lead players.

Woodson as coach led the Knicks to a 37-45 record whilst having Carmelo Anthony, arguably the best scorer in the NBA, as his superstar player.

So, in other words, a Carmelo-led team was only four games better than an Isiah-led team with dead weight.

I'm not saying that makes me question whether or not Melo is really a player that can change a franchise by himself, but...

Veteran

I see a lot of Melo articles that question him. Let's see how hard teams chase him in FA but if I were a GM, I wouldn't pay him that kind of money. I would want a 2 way player like Lebron for a 98M/4yr deal or have Melo take less money so you could add a defensive player around him.

Woody deserves all the blame for last season not Melo. He had too much faith in Bargs and not enough in Stat and his stubborn belief in Felton was his undoing.

Veteran

How the hell did Woodson go from coaching a team to the playoffs to coaching this smoking turd of a team?

Veteran

The 2006-7 Knicks roster of players had to much hatred for Marbury's stunts, and Isiah Thomas favoring Marbury.
    The 2013-14 Knicks roster of players had to much hatred of ISO-Melo running the show on every offensive possession, then pull a disappearance-act every time on the defensive-end. And Puppet-Woodson allowing Melo to make all the decision on court did not make Woodson a likeable coach in the Knicks lockerroom.

Sums up to the same ole process being repeated, just the names are changed.