Felton Cops a plea

tiger0330

Legend
It's going to be hard trading him but the Knicks can begin to look at trades for him now that he's been cleared by the courts to continue his NBA career.

ESPN said:
NEW YORK -- Knicks point guard Raymond Felton will avoid jail time and be able to continue his basketball career without interruption after reaching a plea agreement on two felony gun charges in court Monday morning.
As part of the agreement, Felton will have to plead guilty to at least one of the felony gun charges -- criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree or criminal possession of a firearm -- complete 500 hours of community service, pay a $5,000 fine, register as a gun offender and waive his right as a defendant to appeal the case.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
The Knicks can do one of three things:

1. Void his contract
2. Trade him
3. Keep him

All honesty it should come down to trade him or Void his contract, he has worn out his welcome in New York...

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks can do one of three things:

1. Void his contract
2. Trade him
3. Keep him

All honesty it should come down to trade him or Void his contract, he has worn out his welcome in New York...
The NBA can fine or suspend him but the Knicks will not be able to void his contract. PJ also denied that story that he told Felton he would trade him. Guess what I think its option 3.

CoolClyde

the face that he pleaded GUILTY could mean the NBA will come down on him, from fine to suspension. but i highly doubt that, as his attorney has already stated this clears the way for him to continue playing...

trade? perhaps PJ's got something up his sleeve for a 2nd round pick or whatever the fattie's worth.

Knicks end up keeping him? worst case scenario, Failton becomes a better point guard off the bench under the auspices of Fish and Action. hence, hopes are high for a new PG this season, with Failton riding the pine or leaving this town altogether.

fail_ton_guns.jpg

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
The NBA can fine or suspend him but the Knicks will not be able to void his contract. PJ also denied that story that he told Felton he would trade him. Guess what I think its option 3.

Looks like it is option number 2... Off to Dallas, with Tyson Chandler...