Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Felton and Tyson to Dallas 4 Calderon and Dalembert

Yeah, Felton and Chandler are getting up in years, so they won't play 82 games for dallas. A younger group, and like someone said, most likely Calderon and dalembert are probably the only pieces staying put

Veteran

I love this trade. I love that it means we don't have to watch another season of Chandler and Felton, when we already knew neither of them should be part of this team's future. I love how this also shows that PJ came to play as a GM. This is no lazy move here, this took some maneuvering to get the deal that we got, in particular, a starting caliber PG point guard in Calderon who Nash just said is perfect to run the triangle (yeah, Calderon's defense is trash, but so was Felton's). Maybe the best part is that there seems to be some more big things to come. Imagine we deal Melo for 24 year old scoring stud Harden or we package something to get us into the middle of the 1st round in the draft. I can't remember the last time I was excited to see what moves our front office was going to make next, instead of dreading them. Let's go Knicks!

Oh, and the best to Tyson Chandler in Dallas. He had one great season for us (DPOY) and he was one of the better human beings we ever had on our roster. This last season was just a mess. Bon voyage Felton, this second stint with us was kinda trash, but we'll always have that great half season you played with STAT before the Melo trade, you knucklehead.

Originally Posted by htr10
    I love this trade. I love that it means we don't have to watch another season of Chandler and Felton, when we already knew neither of them should be part of this team's future. I love how this also shows that PJ came to play as a GM. This is no lazy move here, this took some maneuvering to get the deal that we got, in particular, a starting caliber PG point guard in Calderon who Nash just said is perfect to run the triangle (yeah, Calderon's defense is trash, but so was Felton's). Maybe the best part is that there seems to be some more big things to come. Imagine we deal Melo for 24 year old scoring stud Harden or we package something to get us into the middle of the 1st round in the draft. I can't remember the last time I was excited to see what moves our front office was going to make next, instead of dreading them. Let's go Knicks!

Oh, and the best to Tyson Chandler in Dallas. He had one great season for us (DPOY) and he was one of the better human beings we ever had on our roster. This last season was just a mess. Bon voyage Felton, this second stint with us was kinda trash, but we'll always have that great half season you played with STAT before the Melo trade, you knucklehead.
    agreed on all points. i'd give you rep but somehow i haven't spread it around enough... does anyone really care about rep anymore?

rep this! 8=======D

Superstar

I like getting reps but only if earned. I'd accept more reps of course hey I did bring some news here today, that's rep worthy right?

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    agreed on all points. i'd give you rep but somehow i haven't spread it around enough... does anyone really care about rep anymore?

rep this! 8=======D
    I sure would like to make it to 10 reps lol

Shane Larkin was an excellent college player ... good passer and nice 3 pt shot, and can also create his own shot. I thought he was a top 10-14 in that draft....He got injured last season, so we might had got a diamond in the rough

Veteran

What happened to the rep system? Either I forgot how to give reps or Rady took it away, anyway rep to 3g4g for contributing.

You have to click on that sheriff badge in the lower left corner of the post you wanna rep.

Veteran

Thanks Lercher. I guess I did forget.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by petescud
    Yeah, Felton and Chandler are getting up in years, so they won't play 82 games for dallas. A younger group, and like someone said, most likely Calderon and dalembert are probably the only pieces staying put
    Dont forget the Dallas Mavs has one of the NBA Top-5 strategic coaches in Rick Carlyle, who already knows that Tyson is a 24 minute player in the regular season games (80 game season).
    Coach Carlyle will have Marion & Ellis change Felton's entire look as a PG. Felton & Harris will average 24 minutes each at the PG.

The Knicks got the 31st pick of the 2014 draft .. Big Props for Phil Jackson.
    I don't think Calderon will be the Knicks starter PG, great pickup before draft night.
    Dalembert played 80 games last season as the Mavs STOPPER, averaging 21 minutes per game.
    Dalembert 20 minute performance played a big-role in all the 7 game series vs Champ Spurs.

I cant wait till draft night to see what else Phil Jackson add to the Knicks!!!

Veteran

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Dont forget the Dallas Mavs has one of the NBA Top-5 strategic coaches in Rick Carlyle, who already knows that Tyson is a 24 minute player in the regular season games (80 game season).
    Coach Carlyle will have Marion & Ellis change Felton's entire look as a PG. Felton & Harris will average 24 minutes each at the PG.

The Knicks got the 31st pick of the 2014 draft .. Big Props for Phil Jackson.
    I don't think Calderon will be the Knicks starter PG, great pickup before draft night.
    Dalembert played 80 games last season as the Mavs STOPPER, averaging 21 minutes per game.
    Dalembert 20 minute performance played a big-role in all the 7 game series vs Champ Spurs.

I cant wait till draft night to see what else Phil Jackson add to the Knicks!!!
    I am almost positive PJ gets into the first round with the assets he has now.

Calderon is a starting level PG, Steve Nash said he's tailor made to run the triangle so unless the Knicks trade him he'll be the starting PG this year.

Veteran

Default Jabari Brown

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Watch this video folks the" other Jabari" should be available in the second round...big and athletic pure shooter clowned against Kentucky one of the best players in an underated sec conference... Sleeper steal in the second round

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I knew Chandler was gone the moment he publicly criticized Woodson's offense. Regardless of what you think of Woodson its never a good look to have a player openly criticize a coach. Phil is old school. He's not going for that.

That aside, we all know Chandler is getting old and there is no better time than now to ship him out. Calderon is solid but he's putting up terrible numbers (11pts 4 assists last season). Though his average is low, he had some games last season where he put up as much as 22 points 8 assist. Maybe a new system is what he needs to be a more consistent contributor. Ether way its an upgrade from Felton.

Superstar

Originally Posted by donchris
    I knew Chandler was gone the moment he publicly criticized Woodson's offense. Regardless of what you think of Woodson its never a good look to have a player openly criticize a coach. Phil is old school. He's not going for that.

That aside, we all know Chandler is getting old and there is no better time than now to ship him out. Calderon is solid but he's putting up terrible numbers (11pts 4 assists last season). Though his average is low, he had some games last season where he put up as much as 22 points 8 assist. Maybe a new system is what he needs to be a more consistent contributor. Ether way its an upgrade from Felton.
    Not worried about Calderon offensively since he knows how to run an offense effectively and shoots at a very efficient rate. I'm worried about every back court in this league blowing his face off defensively.