Omir Asik Traded to Pelicans

tiger0330

Legend
Well there goes that Asik/Lin SnT for Melo. Lin is next to go, now that we have Calderon I doubt we see Linsanity II playing at the Garden.

I'll question how smart Morey is if he goes after Melo, he's a horrible fit next to Harden.

With our trade with Dallas and the Rockets making the first move to clear some serious cap space, are we watching the crazy situation unfold of the new big three in Houston? I thought it was a crazy idea, but the Rockets need now to move Lin's contract and then they do that sign in trade with us (Melo for Harden) and sign Lebron. Just read this somewhere and thought it was a joke, but now it is only 3 possible moves away.

Broadway

All Star
With our trade with Dallas and the Rockets making the first move to clear some serious cap space, are we watching the crazy situation unfold of the new big three in Houston? I thought it was a crazy idea, but the Rockets need now to move Lin's contract and then they do that sign in trade with us (Melo for Harden) and sign Lebron. Just read this somewhere and thought it was a joke, but now it is only 3 possible moves away.

That's not going to happen, they're going to re-sign Parsons and another Free Agent..... but to play the other side what if the Rockets signed Melo first and did a S&T with Miami?

Lebron appears to be the player who will take the most time deciding where he will go.

That's not going to happen, they're going to re-sign Parsons and another Free Agent..... but to play the other side what if the Rockets signed Melo first and did a S&T with Miami?

Lebron appears to be the player who will take the most time deciding where he will go.

Yeah, that could happen, too. NBA offseasons are beyond crazy now, even if these outrageous things don't happen, there always seems to be a chance.

tiger0330

Legend
So we would get Harden in a SnT, Melo and Lebron would be a 1000% better fit than Melo and Harden for Houston but getting a player as good as Harden for Melo would be unreal for the Knicks.

So we would get Harden in a SnT, Melo and Lebron would be a 1000% better fit than Melo and Harden for Houston but getting a player as good as Harden for Melo would be unreal for the Knicks.

Yeah, it all is unlikely for things to work out that well for us, but if you do the math, Melo and Lebron are both going to be looking to go somewhere with a stacked deck and that could mean going somewhere together. Houston is a good as place as any with Dwight Howard in the middle. That said, as 3G4G pointed out, even if the improbable plays out, the sign and trade of Harden could involve Miami and not us.

CoolClyde

bold move by Rockets. i believe LeBron will be making another "decision" based on his own calculations, as to where he wants to play and who he wants to play with. if he colludes with Melo as he previously colluded with Bosh/Wade, the possibility for a sign and trade with Houston exists. but that's all up to LeBron to make happen. i think Houston wants to keep Harden and sign either LeBron or Melo to make the big 3 happen with Dwight, which would be pretty intense.

with Duhwayne Wade undecided, everything's up in the air with Miami. for a guy whose health is a concern, i can't see him opting out of a 2-year 42million dollar contract that remains. i think Wade wants to wade in Miami Beach until he drops. i dunno. more to come.