Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There's a new Sheriff in town

I don't know if it's exactly how Rose means it, but maybe he is sincere about not wanting to recruit because bringing someone in may mean one of his teammates might have to go. He might think highly of his teammates as people and as players, and also he might feel like he is enough to help his teammates win a championship. Maybe if there was the roster spots open for it and the cap space he might get involved in recruiting.

If that is his mindset, I'd be the same way.

Superstar

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I don't know if it's exactly how Rose means it, but maybe he is sincere about not wanting to recruit because bringing someone in may mean one of his teammates might have to go. He might think highly of his teammates as people and as players, and also he might feel like he is enough to help his teammates win a championship. Maybe if there was the roster spots open for it and the cap space he might get involved in recruiting.

If that is his mindset, I'd be the same way.
    Being hospitable doesn't mean you're hoping for any particular teammate to be moved. That's literally the job of the GM and other executives on the team to make the roster work, which may or may not involve moving any parts. I think Rose is more stuck on himself and his personal glory

Funny how he opened his mouth when the Bulls were considering trading Noah for Howard and Boozer for Gasol a few yrs ago....but in the same breath said it would be a dream to play with Dwight

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last time I checked it's not part of his job description to speak on who he thinks his team should and shouldn't trade for and no need to comment on what if scenarios but he did then.

Last but not least he showed up during the Melo recruitment pitch today and whether he wanted to be there or not the organization made sure he was because it's simply part of etiquette. And he should be there whether it was Melo, or say Gasol, or say Lance Stephenson.... or say Trevor Ariza etc etc.