Knicks Free Agency Thread - Non-Melo

CoolClyde

Little Zeke will be traded from the Kings, I think he'll command 8M/year and will not stand to be a 6th man PG again after the great year he had once he started games.

what's with the Pacers dissing George Hill? Going after Rondo and Dragic in multi-player scenarios... poor George Hill. Knicks can pick him up to backup Calderoni, why not?

Sounds like possible affordable big man options for us include the aforementioned Trevor Booker from the Wizards, resigning Kenyon Martin, or a guy like Kris Humphries. I'm sure PJ will wait until after Melo and Gasol have made clear their destinations, but among those options, I'm not sure who would be the best choice, assuming no one overbids for any of them. KMart clearly is the best player in my mind,but coming off an ankle surgery, not sure we would want to risk him giving us only a handful of games again.

CoolClyde

here's some decent articles on who's available from every position:

PG/SG: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/47622/401/free-agent-frenzy-pgs-and-sgs
SF/PF: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/47623/401/free-agent-frenzy-sfs-and-pfs
C/RFA's: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/47624/401/free-agent-frenzy-cs-and-rfas

KMart's not even mentioned, i think his best, second best and mediocre years are behind him at this point. time to move on with youth and aggressiveness, hence the bounty of C's on Knicks Summer League squad (along with Dalembartsimpson).

Broadway

All Star
Incredible signing by the Clippers. The good teams have made the best signings thus far.

This means Deng probably lands with Hawks or Lakers. Another player off the board for the Heat. Boy are they struggling.

CoolClyde

Clippers just made best signing of off-season with Spencer Hawes acquisition, thought he was worth more cash. I think he'll fit in well giving the twin terrors (Blake/DeJordan) a rest, able to hit threes and work with CP3. props to Doc and LA F.O. for this pickup.

Kiyaman

Legend
Incredible signing by the Clippers. The good teams have made the best signings thus far.

This means Deng probably lands with Hawks or Lakers. Another player off the board for the Heat. Boy are they struggling.

Luol Deng would be a great piece for any contender team to sign.
The Chicago Bulls were fooled by Melo taking a pay-cut, has probably turned the Bulls interest into signing Luol Deng at $14M per.

Paul1355

All Star
Heat signed Josh Mcroberts to a 4 year 23 mil dollar deal. This obviously hurts their chances to keep the big 3 so I am wondering why they made this move unless to think Lebron wanted him there.

Heat signed Josh Mcroberts to a 4 year 23 mil dollar deal. This obviously hurts their chances to keep the big 3 so I am wondering why they made this move unless to think Lebron wanted him there.

Just also read that they signed Danny Granger to a 2 year contract in the ballpark of 4 million. Interesting pair of signings for Miami.

tiger0330

Legend
Just also read that they signed Danny Granger to a 2 year contract in the ballpark of 4 million. Interesting pair of signings for Miami.
They need to pick up guys that can help, the "Big Three" will be no more in Miami. They probably lose Bosh but they should be cutting ties with Wade.

Granger signed a 2yr 4.2M deal to play with Lebron, pretty silly for him to sign a cut rate deal like that when Lebron might not be there.

Kiyaman

Legend

I see Pat Riley spending $8M per. to give the Heat a (24 minute) Diaw and Splitter off the bench.

Josh Mcroberts and Al Jefferson frontcourt tandem Gell so well their first season together the pair carried a Hornets team to above .500 season.
Danny Grangers injury limited his minutes last season, but didn't take away his all-around skills around the paint.

tiger0330

Legend
WTF, Gordon Haywood 4yrs/63M, for that you could have kept McRoberts, got Danny Granger and Collison. He's making more than Big Al and got more than Gortat, nice player but I didn't see him being worth max money.

Broadway

All Star
WTF, Gordon Haywood 4yrs/63M, for that you could have kept McRoberts, got Danny Granger and Collison. He's making more than Big Al and got more than Gortat, nice player but I didn't see him being worth max money.

I think this was done not only as an attempt to get Gordon but to continue mucking up the market. If teams want to keep their own, you're gonna have to way overpay to do so.

Broadway

All Star
Well Cleveland 2 steppin closer to Lebron

And of course Danny Ainge is offically Daryl Morey of the East. He has like an asset from every team in the league.

Broadway

All Star
This also means Boston is 2 steppin closer to trading for Kevin Love.

Let's cut our losses folks with Melo, the writing is on the wall. Lebron will extend his contention lifespan in Cleveland and the rest of the east is getting stronger. We need to start rebuilding and maybe start pegging guys from Celtics and Rockets front office to assist us in doing so.

CoolClyde

"The Jazz could have kept Hayward off the open market had they negotiated a contract extension with the versatile swingman back in October, but talks broke down, with Hayward reportedly seeking a four-year contract valued at $13 million annually and Utah reportedly holding firm at $12 million annually."

ahahaha, stupid Jazz f.o. wanted to save $4M, and now will have to spend an extra $15M instead to keep him. who's running that organization, James Dolan's brother Roland?

tiger0330

Legend
This also means Boston is 2 steppin closer to trading for Kevin Love.

Let's cut our losses folks with Melo, the writing is on the wall. Lebron will extend his contention lifespan in Cleveland and the rest of the east is getting stronger. We need to start rebuilding and maybe start pegging guys from Celtics and Rockets front office to assist us in doing so.
Cavs might be trading for Kevin Love. Wiggins may be going in that trade.