Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Bring Lebron to the Knicks thread

Veteran

Default The Official Bring Lebron to the Knicks thread

Phil this is why we hired you. Convince Lebron to opt-out, take short $$$$ for one season, and come to the Knicks. We would instantly be favorites in the East. We would have the cast with Melo/Bron/Tyson/STAT to contend for a title. We all know Melo and Lebron want to play together. Where better than in MSG??? Make it happen Phil

Veteran

Hysterical, Lebron signing for a vet min contract. If Phil convinced Lebron to do that he'd instantly have earned every penny of that ridiculous contract Dolan gave him.

Veteran

If we resign Melo and magically get Lebron next offseason for a max salary, the rest of our roster would be laughably bad. If Melo leaves and we somehow magically get Lebron next offseason for a max salary, then we're in business. Both scenarios aren't going to happen for a list of reasons though. My preferred option is we build a good roster without reliance on a max contract player and then actually lure two in their prime either next offseason or the offseason after.

Superstar

Originally Posted by htr10
    If we resign Melo and magically get Lebron next offseason for a max salary, the rest of our roster would be laughably bad. If Melo leaves and we somehow magically get Lebron next offseason for a max salary, then we're in business. Both scenarios aren't going to happen for a list of reasons though. My preferred option is we build a good roster without reliance on a max contract player and then actually lure two in their prime either next offseason or the offseason after.
    I prefer to find our own LEGEND and stop lusting after someone else's treasure that's losing value. I want the Knicks to be the template teams emulate. Lebron is beatable maybe moreso than he's ever been, he's mortal...he also walks around the public wearing t-shirts that say..."Check My Stats"<-------that's what you call an Ass Hat.

I also remember Lebron saying this during his loss in the Finals to Dirk

"Not at all, because at the end of the day all the people that was rootin on me to fail...uh...they all have to wake up tomorrow with the same life, the same personal problems that they had..before they woke up today."
    The East hasn't necessarily been exceptionally strong either during his ascension to the top but the tide is rapidly shifting not in his favor. Ironic enough Lebron wants the Heat to start making moves so they become more like the Spurs in weaponry.

As they say in the more cerebral parts of town....LUCK FEBRON!!!!!!

Veteran

Lol luck febron is a new one...real talk you guys are talking about ANOTHER rebuild and I don't have the stomach for it. After living the "Ewing Era,"Post-Ewing Era," drafting Fredric Weiss,the "Isiah Era," "The Starbury Wars", "The STAT era," and now the "Melo Days" I don't have another rebuild in me I would like to see a Chip before I am 50 on Chief

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Phil this is why we hired you. Convince Lebron to opt-out, take short $$$$ for one season, and come to the Knicks. We would instantly be favorites in the East. We would have the cast with Melo/Bron/Tyson/STAT to contend for a title. We all know Melo and Lebron want to play together. Where better than in MSG??? Make it happen Phil

Please! No more Donnie Walsh "I have a Dream" ......Lebron became the most hated super-star in NBA history from Donnie Walsh two year Dream.

hahahahaha. who started this thread, James D'oh-lan?

LeBron doesn't need anybody convincing him to play in NYC. if he wants to play in NYC, he'll play in NYC.

Veteran

Lol luck febron is a new one...real talk you guys are talking about ANOTHER rebuild and I don't have the stomach for it. After living the "Ewing Era,"Post-Ewing Era," drafting Fredric Weiss,the "Isiah Era," "The Starbury Wars", "The STAT era," and now the "Melo Days" I don't have another rebuild in me I would like to see a Chip before I am 50 on Chief
    Well, the Ewing era was pretty great and the STAT era was a nice half season before we traded for Melo, so maybe the PJ overhaul era won't be so bad. Any which way, this is what bad franchises do, perpetually start over.

Think we have s much better chance of getting Patty Mills....lol.....and L. Aldridge....and S Blake

Veteran

Lebron just opted out...Go get him Phil...earn your &$$$&

Veteran

Everybody take less $$$$ for ONE season and let's get this CHIP.... Call STAT,Tyson and say look it.... Melo get on the line with your boy Lebron....
    Knicks New Starting Five:

PG-Shump
    SG-Melo
    SF-Lebron
    PF-STAT
    C-Tyson

Get her dun Phil
    Last edited by jimkcchief88; Jun 24, 2014 at 10:25.

Veteran

Lebron just opted out...Go get him Phil...earn your &$$$&
    Fascinating off-season with Lebron, Melo, Wade, Bosh opting out and becoming FA's. Add Klove potentially being traded and you have the most interesting off-season in quite a while.

The balance of power may shift in the NBA depending where these guys wind up. Unfortunately the most the Knicks can hope for is to be able to re-sign Melo, a Lebron/Melo/Stat Big 3 is not in the cards in NY.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jun 24, 2014 at 12:04.

Veteran

I think Melo and Lebron are planning on landing somewhere together. My fear is that Magic gets in thier ear and the both end up in LA my hope is they both end up with us. Split Melo's $$$ for one year and let's get our rings

Veteran

I think Melo and Lebron are planning on landing somewhere together. My fear is that Magic gets in thier ear and the both end up in LA my hope is they both end up with us. Split Melo's $$$ for one year and let's get our rings

No way Melo or lebron are risking injury and leaving 80 million each minimum on the table....

anyone know if we lose Melo for zero do we have any cap space ?

I smell a done deal. Melo and LBJ opting out of lucrative contracts at same time smells like a plan by both. Either for them to both be in Miami or both in NYC.