Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen A. Smith: Sixers Working on Deal with Knicks for Shumpert & Stoudemire?

Veteran

Dump the dead weight Phil and get us Lebron. Melo/Lebron would be the most exciting duo in Metropolis since the Pearl and Walt. Get it done Phil...get it done. I smell the big payback for Pat Riley's betrayal back in the day. Get em Big Chief Triangle

Veteran

Ugh, just read a blurb online from the New York Post that says while the dream for PJ is to dump both Stat and Bargnani's contracts to free up another max spot during this offseason, he might not want to part with Bargnani because he is a good fit for the triangle and might step up his game during a contract year. I'm all for boosting Bargnani's value to trade him mid season, but if next offseason we are talking about re-signing him, regardless of how he plays this year, I will be horrified.

I would take this with a grain of Salt, SAS always says the knicks are going to trade Shump. Its damn near his catchphrase at this point.

Veteran

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    This is real folks Phil is putting in WORK

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    This is real folks Phil is putting in WORK
    Yeah, I saw this today, too, but if we don't want to give Philly either Shump or THJ, then I don't see why they would do this deal. This free agency period is currently without any clear reference for what is going to happen and what is pure fantasy. Either Lebron. Melo, Bosh, or at the very least, Pau Gasol, is going to have to make a move before anything seems real to me at this point

Superstar

Originally Posted by htr10
    Yeah, I saw this today, too, but if we don't want to give Philly either Shump or THJ, then I don't see why they would do this deal. This free agency period is currently without any clear reference for what is going to happen and what is pure fantasy. Either Lebron. Melo, Bosh, or at the very least, Pau Gasol, is going to have to make a move before anything seems real to me at this point
    Notice Phil only dropped $1.25 in the payphone to call Philly after scratching his sweaty musty hackey.... when Stephen A. made this public.

Here's how you know this is the fake hustle of fake hustle deperation by us and Phil.

Daryl Morey called a team weeks ago to dump Lin. Supposedly Morey can pull the trigger on a LIN deal at any time. It's been rumored he's had this in the bag like before the draft. 2 weeks ago the team revealed was Philly. Now Lin is an expiring contract and it was stated if Philly were to take on Lin it most likely will cost Morey a 1st rounder. Hasn't happened yet because Morey is waiting for Melo or Bosh to give them their blessing. So the market value has pretty much been established. Wait though Amar'e makes $8mil more than Lin, so if Philly is looking for a 1st to take on Lin how much do you think they'll want from us to take on more salary?

You have to ask yourself any GM/front office paying attention wouldn't have needed a loud mouth such as Stephen A. to stoke the fire of a true mover and shaker would they?

We have zero shot at getting a deal done with Philly.

Veteran

I have been trying to tell anybody that would listen that these Melo/James are trying to play together. Above is the proof. Get this deal done with Philly Phil. Earn your $$$$

Superstar

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88

I have been trying to tell anybody that would listen that these Melo/James are trying to play together. Above is the proof. Get this deal done with Philly Phil. Earn your $$$$
    Stephen A. on Rucco's show today..... stated Philly has turned us down...He also said Lebron does not want to play in New York. Take it for what it's worth.

Screamin A. Smith. What A. Joke.

Superstar

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Notice Phil only dropped $1.25 in the payphone to call Philly after scratching his sweaty musty hackey.... when Stephen A. made this public.

Here's how you know this is the fake hustle of fake hustle deperation by us and Phil.

Daryl Morey called a team weeks ago to dump Lin. Supposedly Morey can pull the trigger on a LIN deal at any time. It's been rumored he's had this in the bag like before the draft.

2 weeks ago the team revealed was Philly.

Now Lin is an expiring contract and it was stated if Philly were to take on Lin it most likely will cost Morey a 1st rounder. Hasn't happened yet because Morey is waiting for Melo or Bosh to give them their blessing.

So the market value has pretty much been established. Wait though Amar'e makes $8mil more than Lin, so if Philly is looking for a 1st to take on Lin how much do you think they'll want from us to take on more salary?

You have to ask yourself any GM/front office paying attention wouldn't have needed a loud mouth such as Stephen A. to stoke the fire of a true mover and shaker would they?

We have zero shot at getting a deal done with Philly.

I guess Phil is working Philly over into an Amar'e deal huh? Nice try trying to play assistant GM Stephen A