5yrs $124mil Is The Official Contract Paycut

Broadway

All Star
This gets worse folks....

He might be the most selfish POScum in all of sports. No trade clause and gets an ETO so he can opt out early and do this all over again? Guarantee he lost at least half the fans that were sitting on his fence. Unfreakinreal but I've never been closer to pegging a player for what he is so this doesn't pain me as much.

I would think you would be happy he could opt out after year 4, maybe save you a year of having to watch him 4 years from now. Also, not sure why it would be so shocking he would have a no trade clause. Y'know, it's kind of funny, but the four guys I can name who have had no trade clauses are Nowitzki, Duncan, Garnett, and Kobe, none of whom I would peg as monsters for it. All better players than Melo in their prime, but still, not necessarily a shocker for Melo to get one under the circumstances.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It is what it is. If you hate Melo this much, it is going to be a tough next 5 years for you.
Yeah, better off to hope this new (partially, Dolan's still at the top) regime is the start of something great. Five years, 3G, Kiya, everyone, let's not be on that level of negativity before season one even begins. I understand, but yeah.

petescud

Starter
Gotta think positive....maybe having Melo will be enough for LBJ to join the Knicks....this way he doesn't have to hear Melo cry on the phone he has no rings

jimkcchief88

All Star
Gotta think positive....maybe having Melo will be enough for LBJ to join the Knicks....this way he doesn't have to hear Melo cry on the phone he has no rings

Lost in all the fan fair is that LJ only signed a two year contract with the Cavs with an option after the first year. So we have another shot at Lebron moving forward.

Broadway

All Star
Lost in all the fan fair is that LJ only signed a two year contract with the Cavs with an option after the first year. So we have another shot at Lebron moving forward.

We have no shot at Lebron. He did this for financial reasons only. He's staying in Cleveland until he can complete the narrative he's looking for.

We have no shot at Lebron. He did this for financial reasons only. He's staying in Cleveland until he can complete the narrative he's looking for.

Yeah, this is my understanding of the two year deal for Lebron as well. I hope that it is not even on our to-do list to waste any thoughts on how to get Lebron next offseason, because he will be unattainable.

Well, if you take into account that the only 3 guys who will be making more than Melo this coming season are Kobe, Amare, and Joe Johnson, Melo seems like a real value compared to their expected production. If you look at it any other way, probably not so great a value.