Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acy/Outlaw in, Tyler/Ellington out

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    ^I have to disagree, every move PJ's made has been to bolster the team, supply cogs in the wheel, back up Melo where the case may be, add a solid 3-point shooter/veteran to the squad and a total energy guy who plays D and can score. it's the little things that make teams great, and PJ is proving his worth with every little deal... Ellington? Tyler? who cares? Outlaw? The Beard? I say OK PJ. do what you can with what you've got; I support these moves, rather than the ho-hum apathetic responses I've seen.
    Maybe with Acy but Outlaw is garbage and has been for some time.

The trade was.....

Tyler and 2nd(had top 37 protection) for ACY

Ellington for Outlaw

Why bring in Outlaw in possibility of devaluing Clearly? If Clearly is good then Outlaw is utter dead waste. So now it goes back to the above. That pick could have produced another Clearly type of prospect if we have a down year and if ACY sticks he eats up the supposed wiggle room Anthony gave back in salary for 2015. This trade was much to do about nothing.

Phil could have made the trade for ACY a while ago by taking the protection off the pick and absorbing his salary with the trade exception produced in the Dallas deal. ACY is an energy guy on a bad team, not really giving much at all. I like his motor but will not oversell this as some slam dunk move.

News leaked were trying to move bodies and Sacramento found a way to take a smidge extra when it wasn't really necessary.

Idk that they got anything extra, Sacramento already owned the pick, yes we took top of 2nd round protection off, but we won't be a last 5 in NBA team lol. I agree Outlaw hasn't been great, but also hafta remember how we evaluate, Outlaw doesn't suck, it's just he had the one big year, got signed to a nice contract he never lived up to. He's not garbage if he's cheap. Acy doesn't eat up cap, making like 915k, similar to Tyler

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Maybe with Acy but Outlaw is garbage and has been for some time.

The trade was.....

Tyler and 2nd(had top 37 protection) for ACY

Ellington for Outlaw

Why bring in Outlaw in possibility of devaluing Clearly? If Clearly is good then Outlaw is utter dead waste. So now it goes back to the above. That pick could have produced another Clearly type of prospect if we have a down year and if ACY sticks he eats up the supposed wiggle room Anthony gave back in salary for 2015. This trade was much to do about nothing.

Phil could have made the trade for ACY a while ago by taking the protection off the pick and absorbing his salary with the trade exception produced in the Dallas deal. ACY is an energy guy on a bad team, not really giving much at all. I like his motor but will not oversell this as some slam dunk move.

News leaked were trying to move bodies and Sacramento found a way to take a smidge extra when it wasn't really necessary.
    i still don't agree with you. Outlaw played on a stupid sh*tty SAC team who have no clue as to how to utilize their players, Knicks needed backup for Melo no matter how you cut it; if Early does well, it's all good, if he doesn't, Melo's got help... it's all about balance. having an extra guy who can hit 3's is never a bad idea in the triangle, esp a veteran; depending on how he's used by PJ and the Fish, you can't call him garbage.

i'm tired of the could have, should have bullsh*t re Acy. PJ made the move when the opportunity arose, accept it, hope for the best, and try to see how the glass is full of competent players, instead of half full of what could have been. NYC often raises a player's psyche to achieve more than he has in the past. neither new player is really eating into salary cap cum 2015, why ru so pessimistic? ru drinking from the same koolaid as kiyaman?

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    i still don't agree with you. Outlaw played on a stupid sh*tty SAC team who have no clue as to how to utilize their players, Knicks needed backup for Melo no matter how you cut it; if Early does well, it's all good, if he doesn't, Melo's got help... it's all about balance. having an extra guy who can hit 3's is never a bad idea in the triangle, esp a veteran; depending on how he's used by PJ and the Fish, you can't call him garbage.

i'm tired of the could have, should have bullsh*t re Acy. PJ made the move when the opportunity arose, accept it, hope for the best, and try to see how the glass is full of competent players, instead of half full of what could have been. NYC often raises a player's psyche to achieve more than he has in the past. neither new player is really eating into salary cap cum 2015, why ru so pessimistic? ru drinking from the same koolaid as kiyaman?

I don't see the trade as bad or good. It's middle of the road.

I'm also not going to applaud every single move Phil makes as you seemed prepared in advance to do

He did okay with the Mavs trade although we rebuffed several offers for Tyson before hiring Phil.

I'm looking for something really definitive, like Phil pulling off a trade similar to Masai with Bargnani on us.

Get rid of one of any Amar'e/Smith/Barg's and bring back something of value and let's get the anointment proceedings ready.

yes, i'm prepared in advance to applaud every little thing PJ does.