Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN predicts Knicks finish 10th

Hybrid View

Veteran

Default ESPN predicts Knicks finish 10th

I'll let you guys analyze what this panel of ESPN analysts predicted, that the Knicks will finish 10th in the conference missing the playoffs with a 37-42 record. Are there really 9 teams better than the Knicks?

For those of you that don't remember the ESPN computers predicted last year that the Knicks would finish with a below .500 record but would make the playoffs, the computer was too optimistic. Lot of guys scoffed at the prediction but it was a pretty good prediction.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

ESPN are guessing about the outcome of the Knicks upcoming season. Ha Ha Ha

Phil Jackson the famous "ZEN" missing the playoff? ha ha ha
    Derek Fisher missing the playoffs? ha ha ha

I dont know what Phil / Fisher got up their sleeve, but not making the playoff, isnt one of them.

Plus ESPN's Summer Forecast calls LeBron's Cavaliers the East favorites, b/c the 33-49 Cavs signed Lebron.
    We signed Melo, and ESPN's got no faith in Melo

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    ESPN are guessing about the outcome of the Knicks upcoming season. Ha Ha Ha

Phil Jackson the famous "ZEN" missing the playoff? ha ha ha
    Derek Fisher missing the playoffs? ha ha ha

I dont know what Phil / Fisher got up their sleeve, but not making the playoff, isnt one of them.

ESPN has been on the money lately with their predictions on the knicks.. 10th is not a stretch.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Tkf
    ESPN has been on the money lately with their predictions on the knicks.. 10th is not a stretch.
    Please name 9 teams in the EAST that will have a better record than Knicks?

The Knicks under GM Laydum, Isiah, and Walsh were easy to predict each season.

When the Knicks signed Old-Head players "Kidd, Camby, Kurt Thomas, and Rasheed" it was obvious as day light the Knicks were going to win a 50 game season having all those "Old-Heads" in the lockerroom.
    When the "Old-Heads" quit on coach woodson the week before the 2012-13 playoffs, the clarity of all the "Old-Heads" not returning the next season, GM Grunwald being Fired before training-camp, Melo announcing opting-out during Preseason games, Amare and K-Mart calling Woodson and Knicks medical staff a liar saying "they are healthy to play in the first game of the season". Then Woodson signed JRsmith little brother to the roster as the 15th player. Com'on that was another Isiah/Marbury season about to happen, easy to predict.

Veteran

how can we possibly finish 10th???... we just signed melo to a 25m per year contract...

Originally Posted by paris401
    how can we possibly finish 10th???... we just signed melo to a 25m per year contract...

LOL... that was funny..

lets start with all of the playoff teams from last year, all of them got better or healthy with the exception of indy losing george, so i will remove them...

chicago, cleveland, miami, toronto, charlotte, washington, Atlanta, Brooklyn,

that is 8 teams...

now Orlando, boston, phili, milwaukee and detroit all got better, now withe the exception of the sixers any of these teams can be as good as if not better than the knicks...

Do you see this as outlandish?

I should ask you, out of the top 8 teams I listed, which team are we clearly better than?

Veteran

Originally Posted by Tkf
    lets start with all of the playoff teams from last year, all of them got better or healthy with the exception of indy losing george, so i will remove them...

chicago, cleveland, miami, toronto, charlotte, washington, Atlanta, Brooklyn,

that is 8 teams...

now Orlando, boston, phili, milwaukee and detroit all got better, now withe the exception of the sixers any of these teams can be as good as if not better than the knicks...

Do you see this as outlandish?

I should ask you, out of the top 8 teams I listed, which team are we clearly better than?

I'm still expecting Phil to pick-up a veteran PG before the season begin.
    I'm expecting coach Fisher to favor Amare domination in the paint on offense, which eliminates the high-lighted teams u mention above.
    If coach Fisher favors Melo isolation tactics, then that will stop ball-movement, and stop the triangle system, plus make us a 10th seeded team.

Veteran

This guy at Bleacher Report us finishing 11th with a 35-47 record.

There are a lot of new players and a new system and coach so you have to expect some growing pains and that may be the undoing of the Knicks just like it was last season when Woody didn't come out of camp with a set lineup.

I can see why the analysts are skeptical about the Knicks when you lose a DPOY in Chandler and you have to rely on Stat to stay healthy.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Ballmer did nothing as the CEO of MSFT esp. when you consider MSFT had such a dominant position in the industry. He took over from Gates in 2000 and the stock wallowed in the 13 years he was CEO. Since he retired the stock is up about 33%, investors cheered the day the guy left.

I sure hope he does more for the Clipper fans and the team than he did for Microsoft and its stockholders.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I would have been a better CEO for Microsoft than Ballmer. So you make a smart phone cheap as hell but there's one problem, people that are locked in 2 year contracts don't really care how much the phone costs. So who cares? The customers in the ever growing pay as you go market. Did Ballmer shove that ****ty phone in the faces of Virgin, Cricket or Boost Mobile? Nope! Major fail...

That aside, I don't think he'll make personnel decisions for the Clips and he's certainly better than Sterling.

Veteran

Ballmer didn't deserve the billions he made at Microsoft. John Chambers of Cisco is another guy I can't wait to see leave.

Veteran

Ballmer attracted criticism for failing to capitalize on several new consumer technologies, forcing Microsoft to play catch-up in the areas of tablet computing, smartphones and music players with mixed results.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Under Ballmer's watch, "In many cases, Microsoft latched onto technologies like smartphones, touchscreens, 'smart' cars and wristwatches that read sports scores aloud long before Apple or Google did. But it repeatedly killed promising projects if they threatened its cash cows [Windows and Office].")[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Microsoft's share price stagnated during Ballmer's tenure. As a result, in May 2012, hedge fund manager [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] called on Ballmer to step down as CEO of Microsoft. "His continued presence is the biggest overhang on Microsoft's stock," Einhorn said in reference to Ballmer.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] In a May 2012 column in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] magazine, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] described Ballmer as "the worst CEO of a large publicly traded American company", saying he had "steered Microsoft out of some of the fastest growing and most lucrative tech markets (mobile music, handsets and tablets)".[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Not sure who the source for this opinion on Ballmer is but that was my opinion of Ballmer when he ran Microsoft.

He probably is one of the smartest owners in the NBA now and Sterling is not a hard act to follow so he'll be a positive change for the Clippers. I see him being like Mark Cuban, he won't be cheap when it comes to spending money like Sterling was. I just think he did a terrible job at MSFT and didn't deserve all the billions he made as CEO with them.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Not sure who the source for this opinion on Ballmer is but that was my opinion of Ballmer when he ran Microsoft.

He probably is one of the smartest owners in the NBA now and Sterling is not a hard act to follow so he'll be a positive change for the Clippers. I see him being like Mark Cuban, he won't be cheap when it comes to spending money like Sterling was. I just think he did a terrible job at MSFT and didn't deserve all the billions he made as CEO with them.
    honestly, does anyone deserve to make billions? I don't know, but he made a lot of money for microsoft when he was there, so I guess he was paid accordingly and of course a lot of that was probably stock options....

Part of his job was to keep them profitable and he did that, so again, to say he did a terrible job is kind of odd to me..

I also think he will be a good and polarizing owner, this league could use more owners like cuban...

Veteran

I dont know what Blake Griffin and Chris Paul did to the Clippers organization during the 2011-12 short season, but the two players took a worthless $200M Clipper organization, and turned it into a top contender in the 2013-14 season.
    They increased the gross market of the Clippers team 3 times over by making Doc Rivers PRESIDENT OF BASKETBALL OPERATIONS AND HEAD COACH. The Truth!

Steve Ballmer bought a WINNER!
    The Clippers had all the tools (plus extra) to be in the 2013-14 FINALS.
    Sterling true identity F that up!!!