ESPN predicts Knicks finish 10th

tiger0330

Legend
I'll let you guys analyze what this panel of ESPN analysts predicted, that the Knicks will finish 10th in the conference missing the playoffs with a 37-42 record. Are there really 9 teams better than the Knicks?

For those of you that don't remember the ESPN computers predicted last year that the Knicks would finish with a below .500 record but would make the playoffs, the computer was too optimistic. Lot of guys scoffed at the prediction but it was a pretty good prediction.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/58242/summer-forecast-knicks-to-miss-playoffs

Kiyaman

Legend
ESPN are guessing about the outcome of the Knicks upcoming season. Ha Ha Ha

Phil Jackson the famous "ZEN" missing the playoff? ha ha ha
Derek Fisher missing the playoffs? ha ha ha

I dont know what Phil / Fisher got up their sleeve, but not making the playoff, isnt one of them.

Plus ESPN's Summer Forecast calls LeBron's Cavaliers the East favorites, b/c the 33-49 Cavs signed Lebron.
We signed Melo, and ESPN's got no faith in Melo

Tkf

Benchwarmer
ESPN are guessing about the outcome of the Knicks upcoming season. Ha Ha Ha

Phil Jackson the famous "ZEN" missing the playoff? ha ha ha
Derek Fisher missing the playoffs? ha ha ha

I dont know what Phil / Fisher got up their sleeve, but not making the playoff, isnt one of them.

ESPN has been on the money lately with their predictions on the knicks.. 10th is not a stretch.

Kiyaman

Legend
ESPN has been on the money lately with their predictions on the knicks.. 10th is not a stretch.

Please name 9 teams in the EAST that will have a better record than Knicks?

The Knicks under GM Laydum, Isiah, and Walsh were easy to predict each season.

When the Knicks signed Old-Head players "Kidd, Camby, Kurt Thomas, and Rasheed" it was obvious as day light the Knicks were going to win a 50 game season having all those "Old-Heads" in the lockerroom.
When the "Old-Heads" quit on coach woodson the week before the 2012-13 playoffs, the clarity of all the "Old-Heads" not returning the next season, GM Grunwald being Fired before training-camp, Melo announcing opting-out during Preseason games, Amare and K-Mart calling Woodson and Knicks medical staff a liar saying "they are healthy to play in the first game of the season". Then Woodson signed JRsmith little brother to the roster as the 15th player. Com'on that was another Isiah/Marbury season about to happen, easy to predict.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
lets start with all of the playoff teams from last year, all of them got better or healthy with the exception of indy losing george, so i will remove them...

chicago, cleveland, miami, toronto, charlotte, washington, Atlanta, Brooklyn,

that is 8 teams...

now Orlando, boston, phili, milwaukee and detroit all got better, now withe the exception of the sixers any of these teams can be as good as if not better than the knicks...

Do you see this as outlandish?

I should ask you, out of the top 8 teams I listed, which team are we clearly better than?

Kiyaman

Legend
lets start with all of the playoff teams from last year, all of them got better or healthy with the exception of indy losing george, so i will remove them...

chicago, cleveland, miami, toronto, charlotte, washington, Atlanta, Brooklyn,

that is 8 teams...

now Orlando, boston, phili, milwaukee and detroit all got better, now withe the exception of the sixers any of these teams can be as good as if not better than the knicks...

Do you see this as outlandish?

I should ask you, out of the top 8 teams I listed, which team are we clearly better than?

I'm still expecting Phil to pick-up a veteran PG before the season begin.
I'm expecting coach Fisher to favor Amare domination in the paint on offense, which eliminates the high-lighted teams u mention above.
If coach Fisher favors Melo isolation tactics, then that will stop ball-movement, and stop the triangle system, plus make us a 10th seeded team.

paris401

Starter
I'm expecting coach Fisher to favor Amare domination in the paint on offense, which eliminates the high-lighted teams u mention above.

they just signed melo for 25m per... u think the offense will feature amare... I don't think so...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
ESPN/Bleacher Report are both full of ****! This team won 54 games just two years ago and experienced a number of injuries and offensive issues the next year (last season). Without making any changes the Knicks are a playoff team. The east is wide open. Washington's in and Atlanta was in. It is entirely possible that the 9, 10 and 11 seeds could be in the playoffs.

Here's my playoff prediction

1. Miami
2. Cleveland
3. Chicago
4. New York
5. Charlotte
6. Atlanta
7. Brooklyn
8. Boston

Now that LeBron's gone, Dwade and Bosh have more offensive freedom and they've got more chemistry than the Cavs. Boston's got Rondo back and can sneak into the 8th spot. The thought that NY wont even make the playoffs is asinine.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
I'm still expecting Phil to pick-up a veteran PG before the season begin.
If coach Fisher favors Melo isolation tactics, then that will stop ball-movement, and stop the triangle system, plus make us a 10th seeded team.

I am a huge amare fan, always have been, but the days of amare dominating are done. The guy has knees that can't hold up. If he plays well for 5 games you can bet he will be on the bench for the next 3...

I can't hide my level of disappointment for this team. from the silly signings of JR smith, to the dumb trades of Bargnani, to giving away draft picks to trading for carmelo and then giving him this assinine deal..... it will take more than the good name of Phil jackson and the hopes of a rookie coach to fix this ship.. until then I come to expect little..

I do think amare will have a better year this year, but the east has gotten so much better and younger. I just don't see anything but lower seeds for the knicks for years to come..

This team will one day learn to suck it up and build the right way... we were on track with walsh until dolan managed to mess that up....

Tkf

Benchwarmer
ESPN/Bleacher Report are both full of ****! This team won 54 games just two years ago and experienced a number of injuries and offensive issues the next year (last season). Without making any changes the Knicks are a playoff team. The east is wide open. Washington's in and Atlanta was in. It is entirely possible that the 9, 10 and 11 seeds could be in the playoffs.

Here's my playoff prediction

1. Miami
2. Cleveland
3. Chicago
4. New York
5. Charlotte
6. Atlanta
7. Brooklyn
8. Boston

Now that LeBron's gone, Dwade and Bosh have more offensive freedom and they've got more chemistry than the Cavs. Boston's got Rondo back and can sneak into the 8th spot. The thought that NY wont even make the playoffs is asinine.

please stop with that 54 win stuff.. that team no longer exist.. remember how that team started off hot, unsustainably hot.. guys like felton and jason kidd were playing out of their minds, at least shooting that way... then you had moments from kurt thomas, then rasheed.... then chandler... a lot of things came together that are no longer here and guess what, we still got dominated by the pacers...

that knick team went hot, then cooled off only to heat back up late in the season when teams are usually resting guys, auditioning players for next year or throwing games for lottery position.

last year we were a 37 win team.. or are you going to forget about that.. let me ask you this. you buy a new car, year number one the care was great.. no problems.. the following year, everything on the car breaks down... You take it to the dealer and he tells you that you are full of shyt, because the year before the car ran perfectly... would that work for you?

the east is not wide open, there are still 2 teams that are clearly better than the rest... chicago and now cleveland... You put the knicks ahead of charlotte, atlanta, brooklyn and boston... first of all boston is in and washington isn't?

the hawks will get horford back, the wizards got better, charlotte got better, and all of those teams finished ahead of us, yet you put the knicks 4th? why? and please don't tell me because of phil..

donchris

please stop with that 54 win stuff.. that team no longer exist.. remember how that team started off hot, unsustainably hot.. guys like felton and jason kidd were playing out of their minds, at least shooting that way... then you had moments from kurt thomas, then rasheed.... then chandler... a lot of things came together that are no longer here and guess what, we still got dominated by the pacers...

that knick team went hot, then cooled off only to heat back up late in the season when teams are usually resting guys, auditioning players for next year or throwing games for lottery position.

last year we were a 37 win team.. or are you going to forget about that.. let me ask you this. you buy a new car, year number one the care was great.. no problems.. the following year, everything on the car breaks down... You take it to the dealer and he tells you that you are full of shyt, because the year before the car ran perfectly... would that work for you?

the east is not wide open, there are still 2 teams that are clearly better than the rest... chicago and now cleveland... You put the knicks ahead of charlotte, atlanta, brooklyn and boston... first of all boston is in and washington isn't?

the hawks will get horford back, the wizards got better, charlotte got better, and all of those teams finished ahead of us, yet you put the knicks 4th? why? and please don't tell me because of phil..

I picked the Knicks fourth because I don't think they are too far behind Chicago. Sometimes new leadership makes all of the difference. While I didn't like the Knicks world blaming everything on Woodson, in the end the decision was made to go in a different direction and I think it will pay off. A lot of guys lost their focus that have a lot of talent (JR Smith). If he's even remotely a factor the Knicks are a much better team. Our upgrade at point guard should not be understated. That was one of the main reasons for the success of the 2012/1013 season. It wasn't Kurt Thomas and Wallace's old asses.

If you think the east isn't wide open then you need to watch a few more games. My logic is any team that makes the playoffs and gets crushed in the first round isn't all that better than the three teams that didn't make the playoffs. We're talking a difference of 2 to 6 games that can change everything.

Broadway

All Star
I picked the Knicks fourth because I don't think they are too far behind Chicago. Sometimes new leadership makes all of the difference. While I didn't like the Knicks world blaming everything on Woodson, in the end the decision was made to go in a different direction and I think it will pay off. A lot of guys lost their focus that have a lot of talent (JR Smith). If he's even remotely a factor the Knicks are a much better team. Our upgrade at point guard should not be understated. That was one of the main reasons for the success of the 2012/1013 season. It wasn't Kurt Thomas and Wallace's old asses.

If you think the east isn't wide open then you need to watch a few more games. My logic is any team that makes the playoffs and gets crushed in the first round isn't all that better than the three teams that didn't make the playoffs. We're talking a difference of 2 to 6 games that can change everything.

So because Toronto lost in the 1st round that went 7gms mind you....in crushing fashion[<-----lol] you have them totally missing the playoffs?

The Wizards advanced to the 2nd round 6gms and you have them missing

You have Miami # 1 with no Lebron....Wade has some health concerns still

If Boston can get in why not Detroit, they had a similar offseason as us

You need a serious do-over here

tiger0330

Legend
This guy at Bleacher Report us finishing 11th with a 35-47 record.

There are a lot of new players and a new system and coach so you have to expect some growing pains and that may be the undoing of the Knicks just like it was last season when Woody didn't come out of camp with a set lineup.

I can see why the analysts are skeptical about the Knicks when you lose a DPOY in Chandler and you have to rely on Stat to stay healthy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ections-for-each-team-post-free-agency/page/6

paris401

Starter
ESPN/! This team won 54 games just two years ago and experienced a number of injuries and offensive issues the next year (last season). .

I agree... they were playing without the I'Talian last year... he should be good for at least a dozen wins... chucking up the ball from 25ft, his "Russell" like "D", his "Wilt" like rebounding... yep him,JR,outlaw, the prick... and let's not forget.. Jason smith (who??), larkin, acy, early (or is it late...I can't remember)... did I forget anyone...

oh yesss

Peace....

donchris

So because Toronto lost in the 1st round that went 7gms mind you....in crushing fashion[<-----lol] you have them totally missing the playoffs?

The Wizards advanced to the 2nd round 6gms and you have them missing

You have Miami # 1 with no Lebron....Wade has some health concerns still

If Boston can get in why not Detroit, they had a similar offseason as us

You need a serious do-over here

It's a prediction and there are only 8 spots. I like Boston's chances better than Detroit's, though mid season Detroit looked like they were poised to be an 8 seed. Despite Boston's lack of depth a healthy Rondo is a game changer. I think they can be about as good as Brooklyn. I'm discounting Toronto entirely because I didn't think they were that good. But you're right. The fact that they came in as a 3 seed deserves more respect.

I honestly can't see Miami coming in at 1 but I'm not ready to give that spot to Chicago or Cleveland and Indy is clearly out. Yea my list is kind of ****ed up.

Tkf

Benchwarmer

you don't think the knicks are too far behind chicago? we were a good ways behind them without rose, now that rose looks like his old self so far, we are miles behind them, I would at least assume..

And yes we have had a leadership change, but so have other teams, like the pistons, does that factor in for them as well? and if so, why not move them up the ladder into a playoff spot?

My logic is any team that makes the playoffs and gets crushed in the first round isn't all that better than the three teams that didn't make the playoffs. We're talking a difference of 2 to 6 games that can change everything.

I don't think cleveland, miami, chicago, or the wizards can get crushed in the first round unless they are playing each other... the teams outside of the top 4 are not crushing anyone... and the east may be wide open, but not for the likes of the knicks and boston, and detroit... it is wide open at the top, for teams like the bulls, cavs and maybe the heat with a couple of surprises from teams like the wizards and maybe toronto...

lets not forget charlotte who was a playoff team and added lance stephenson...

The knicks have a lot of teams to climb and those teams are YOUNGER, more talented and deeper....

The knicks did what a lot of fans wanted them to do.. and that is overpay carmelo, and continue to buy into the pipe dream that after 13 years carmelo will deliver a team to the promise land along with his sidekick (to be determined after free agency)...

the knicks continue to sell that dream. and it is one of the best or worse(depending on how you look at it) used car salesman jobs I have ever seen..

Broadway

All Star
you don't think the knicks are too far behind chicago? we were a good ways behind them without rose, now that rose looks like his old self so far, we are miles behind them, I would at least assume..

And yes we have had a leadership change, but so have other teams, like the pistons, does that factor in for them as well? and if so, why not move them up the ladder into a playoff spot?

I don't think cleveland, miami, chicago, or the wizards can get crushed in the first round unless they are playing each other... the teams outside of the top 4 are not crushing anyone... and the east may be wide open, but not for the likes of the knicks and boston, and detroit... it is wide open at the top, for teams like the bulls, cavs and maybe the heat with a couple of surprises from teams like the wizards and maybe toronto...

lets not forget charlotte who was a playoff team and added lance stephenson...

The knicks have a lot of teams to climb and those teams are YOUNGER, more talented and deeper....

The knicks did what a lot of fans wanted them to do.. and that is overpay carmelo, and continue to buy into the pipe dream that after 13 years carmelo will deliver a team to the promise land along with his sidekick (to be determined after free agency)...

the knicks continue to sell that dream. and it is one of the best or worse(depending on how you look at it) used car salesman jobs I have ever seen..

Well we have Phil and Fisher other teams don't automatic 10-15 win difference

The Clippers are officially Ballmer's now. Going off pull out the arse projections style, Clips should win close to 70gms this year.

What do you think TKF?

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Well we have Phil and Fisher other teams don't automatic 10-15 win difference

The Clippers are officially Ballmer's now. Going off pull out the arse projections style, Clips should win close to 70gms this year.

What do you think TKF?

LOL according to that logic clippers should be Hella good.. and on top of that all of the players can get microsoft products at a discount I bet...... :thumbsup: