Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN predicts Knicks finish 10th

Veteran

Originally Posted by donchris
    ESPN/! This team won 54 games just two years ago and experienced a number of injuries and offensive issues the next year (last season). .
    I agree... they were playing without the I'Talian last year... he should be good for at least a dozen wins... chucking up the ball from 25ft, his "Russell" like "D", his "Wilt" like rebounding... yep him,JR,outlaw, the prick... and let's not forget.. Jason smith (who??), larkin, acy, early (or is it late...I can't remember)... did I forget anyone...

oh yesss

Peace....

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    So because Toronto lost in the 1st round that went 7gms mind you....in crushing fashion[<-----lol] you have them totally missing the playoffs?

The Wizards advanced to the 2nd round 6gms and you have them missing

You have Miami # 1 with no Lebron....Wade has some health concerns still

If Boston can get in why not Detroit, they had a similar offseason as us

You need a serious do-over here
    It's a prediction and there are only 8 spots. I like Boston's chances better than Detroit's, though mid season Detroit looked like they were poised to be an 8 seed. Despite Boston's lack of depth a healthy Rondo is a game changer. I think they can be about as good as Brooklyn. I'm discounting Toronto entirely because I didn't think they were that good. But you're right. The fact that they came in as a 3 seed deserves more respect.

I honestly can't see Miami coming in at 1 but I'm not ready to give that spot to Chicago or Cleveland and Indy is clearly out. Yea my list is kind of ****ed up.

Originally Posted by donchris
    I picked the Knicks fourth because I don't think they are too far behind Chicago. Sometimes new leadership makes all of the difference. While I didn't like the Knicks world blaming everything on Woodson, in the end the decision was made to go in a different direction and I think it will pay off. A lot of guys lost their focus that have a lot of talent (JR Smith). If he's even remotely a factor the Knicks are a much better team. Our upgrade at point guard should not be understated. That was one of the main reasons for the success of the 2012/1013 season. It wasn't Kurt Thomas and Wallace's old asses.

If you think the east isn't wide open then you need to watch a few more games. My logic is any team that makes the playoffs and gets crushed in the first round isn't all that better than the three teams that didn't make the playoffs. We're talking a difference of 2 to 6 games that can change everything.
    you don't think the knicks are too far behind chicago? we were a good ways behind them without rose, now that rose looks like his old self so far, we are miles behind them, I would at least assume..

And yes we have had a leadership change, but so have other teams, like the pistons, does that factor in for them as well? and if so, why not move them up the ladder into a playoff spot?

My logic is any team that makes the playoffs and gets crushed in the first round isn't all that better than the three teams that didn't make the playoffs. We're talking a difference of 2 to 6 games that can change everything.
    I don't think cleveland, miami, chicago, or the wizards can get crushed in the first round unless they are playing each other... the teams outside of the top 4 are not crushing anyone... and the east may be wide open, but not for the likes of the knicks and boston, and detroit... it is wide open at the top, for teams like the bulls, cavs and maybe the heat with a couple of surprises from teams like the wizards and maybe toronto...

lets not forget charlotte who was a playoff team and added lance stephenson...

The knicks have a lot of teams to climb and those teams are YOUNGER, more talented and deeper....

The knicks did what a lot of fans wanted them to do.. and that is overpay carmelo, and continue to buy into the pipe dream that after 13 years carmelo will deliver a team to the promise land along with his sidekick (to be determined after free agency)...

the knicks continue to sell that dream. and it is one of the best or worse(depending on how you look at it) used car salesman jobs I have ever seen..

Superstar

Originally Posted by Tkf
    you don't think the knicks are too far behind chicago? we were a good ways behind them without rose, now that rose looks like his old self so far, we are miles behind them, I would at least assume..

And yes we have had a leadership change, but so have other teams, like the pistons, does that factor in for them as well? and if so, why not move them up the ladder into a playoff spot?

I don't think cleveland, miami, chicago, or the wizards can get crushed in the first round unless they are playing each other... the teams outside of the top 4 are not crushing anyone... and the east may be wide open, but not for the likes of the knicks and boston, and detroit... it is wide open at the top, for teams like the bulls, cavs and maybe the heat with a couple of surprises from teams like the wizards and maybe toronto...

lets not forget charlotte who was a playoff team and added lance stephenson...

The knicks have a lot of teams to climb and those teams are YOUNGER, more talented and deeper....

The knicks did what a lot of fans wanted them to do.. and that is overpay carmelo, and continue to buy into the pipe dream that after 13 years carmelo will deliver a team to the promise land along with his sidekick (to be determined after free agency)...

the knicks continue to sell that dream. and it is one of the best or worse(depending on how you look at it) used car salesman jobs I have ever seen..
    Well we have Phil and Fisher other teams don't automatic 10-15 win difference

The Clippers are officially Ballmer's now. Going off pull out the arse projections style, Clips should win close to 70gms this year.

What do you think TKF?

The Clippers are officially Ballmer's now. Going off pull out the arse projections style, Clips should win close to 70gms this year.

What do you think TKF?
    LOL according to that logic clippers should be Hella good.. and on top of that all of the players can get microsoft products at a discount I bet......

Veteran

What do you think TKF?
    More likely Ballmer runs the Clips into the ground like he did Microsoft.

That was vintage Ballmer ala his days at Microsoft at the Clips rally, if a loud voice and bluster could get you wins the Clips would set an NBA record with Ballmer as the owner.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Aug 19, 2014 at 15:20.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Tkf
    I am a huge amare fan, always have been, but the days of amare dominating are done. The guy has knees that can't hold up. If he plays well for 5 games you can bet he will be on the bench for the next 3...

I can't hide my level of disappointment for this team. from the silly signings of JR smith, to the dumb trades of Bargnani, to giving away draft picks to trading for carmelo and then giving him this assinine deal..... it will take more than the good name of Phil jackson and the hopes of a rookie coach to fix this ship.. until then I come to expect little..

I do think amare will have a better year this year, but the east has gotten so much better and younger. I just don't see anything but lower seeds for the knicks for years to come..

This team will one day learn to suck it up and build the right way... we were on track with walsh until dolan managed to mess that up....

AGREED!
    We hired Phil Jackson as President which gave us a A+ grade.
    Phil Jackson Fires the Knicks coaching-staff which gave us a A+ grade.
    Phil hires coaching-staff colleague for the Knicks coaching-staff which gave us a B+ grade.
    Owner Dolan gave Melo a $124M 5 yr contract with half the $62M payment in advance which gave us a FAILURE grade.

When it comes to Amare knees, they sure looked well when we increased his playing time minutes in the 16-5 run to end the season. Amare's going to put up some winning numbers in a triangle-offense, especially with Rambis as the big-man coach.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    owner Dolan gave Melo a $124M 5 yr contract with half the $62M payment in advance which gave us a FAILURE grade. .
    I thought phil is running the team... not dolan???

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    More likely Ballmer runs the Clips into the ground like he did Microsoft.

That was vintage Ballmer ala his days at Microsoft at the Clips rally, if a loud voice and bluster could get you wins the Clips would set an NBA record with Ballmer as the owner.
    Is it really fair to say he ran the company in the ground? Come on the Computing industry completely changed from what it was in the 90's. As the company took on a major governmental lawsuit right before he became a leading exec. He managed to transform them into a cutting edge technology firm diversifying products offered such as Skype/Enterprise Systems/Office 365/Surface Pro/Windows Phone/Windows 8/X-Box

Now don't get me wrong could he have taken greater risks gaining a stronghold in mobile/social computing technology, sure quite possibly

But so many leading execs and professionals left Microsoft and like companies(Apple-IBM-HP-Dell) to spearhead-transform those such as Google/Android/Facebook/Samsung/Twitter/ etc etc. There's no way to monopolize all these markets as 1 CEO. It's called a competitive free enterprise system, one in which he did extremely well in.

Veteran

Ballmer did nothing as the CEO of MSFT esp. when you consider MSFT had such a dominant position in the industry. He took over from Gates in 2000 and the stock wallowed in the 13 years he was CEO. Since he retired the stock is up about 33%, investors cheered the day the guy left.

I sure hope he does more for the Clipper fans and the team than he did for Microsoft and its stockholders.

Is it really fair to say he ran the company in the ground? Come on the Computing industry completely changed from what it was in the 90's. As the company took on a major governmental lawsuit right before he became a leading exec. He managed to transform them into a cutting edge technology firm diversifying products offered such as Skype/Enterprise Systems/Office 365/Surface Pro/Windows Phone/Windows 8/X-Box

Now don't get me wrong could he have taken greater risks gaining a stronghold in mobile/social computing technology, sure quite possibly

But so many leading execs and professionals left Microsoft and like companies(Apple-IBM-HP-Dell) to spearhead-transform those such as Google/Android/Facebook/Samsung/Twitter/ etc etc. There's no way to monopolize all these markets as 1 CEO. It's called a competitive free enterprise system, one in which he did extremely well in.
    yea,not sure how Ballmer ran microsoft into the ground, last time I check , microsoft was still a pretty darn good company...

But lets look at it this way.. most fans will agree that sterling as been a disaster of an owner... yet, the clippers are still one of the top teams in the east.. I will bet my money that ballmer will be a better owner, and even if slightly better , the clippers will be that much better with him...

I think he now becomes the richest owner in the NBA..

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    AGREED!
    We hired Phil Jackson as President which gave us a A+ grade.
    Phil Jackson Fires the Knicks coaching-staff which gave us a A+ grade.
    Phil hires coaching-staff colleague for the Knicks coaching-staff which gave us a B+ grade.
    Owner Dolan gave Melo a $124M 5 yr contract with half the $62M payment in advance which gave us a FAILURE grade.

When it comes to Amare knees, they sure looked well when we increased his playing time minutes in the 16-5 run to end the season. Amare's going to put up some winning numbers in a triangle-offense, especially with Rambis as the big-man coach.
    The problem with amare and extended playing time.. yes he has looked real good with extended minutes, but over the long haul, what will that do to him. I remember when the knicks gave him extended playing time, and he played well, he needed like a week off after that... hard to stay in a groove that way..

Veteran

Originally Posted by Tkf
    last time I check , microsoft was still a pretty darn good company...
    if you were a shareholder when he was running the company, you would not be happy (I wasn't a happy camper)... the stock did 'dick' during his reign, only moving after he left the day/day..

it was a good company before/during/after his tenure... but was only making $$$ for the shareholders b4 and after his tenure...

Superstar

Originally Posted by paris401
    if you were a shareholder when he was running the company, you would not be happy (I wasn't a happy camper)... the stock did 'dick' during his reign, only moving after he left the day/day..

it was a good company before/during/after his tenure... but was only making $$$ for the shareholders b4 and after his tenure...
    True and their recent revenue hadn't performed as well as the past but take not what he accomplished while there.

Under Ballmer's tenure as CEO, Microsoft's annual revenue surged from $25 billion to $70 billion, while its net income increased 215 percent to $23 billion, and its gross profit of 75 cents on every dollar in sales is double that of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] In terms of leading the company's total annual profit growth, Ballmer's tenure at Microsoft (16.4 percent) surpassed the performances of other well-known CEOs such as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (11.2 percent) and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (2 percent)

Share's took a downward turn right before he exited but if they are showing signs of recovery it largely has to do with what he left behind.

Veteran

Share's took a downward turn right before he exited but if they are showing signs of recovery it largely has to do with what he left behind.
    this is probably true...