ESPN predicts Knicks finish 10th

Tkf

Benchwarmer
How will Phil and Fisher decision-making manage players Dalembert, Amare, Barg, Melo, JR, Shump, and Calderon into getting on the Same-Page in a triangle-system built for success?

I dont have a clue, and a lot of NBA fans don't have a clue.
ESPN high-paid writers are guessing Dolan's antics of interfering will lead the Knicks to be a 10 seeded team.
That's outrageous guessing when the Knicks roster has so many offensive-scoring tools to have a 45 win season.
It's the postseason team-defense Phil and Fisher will have 82 games to work on.

i THINK the knicks being picked 10th had nothing to do with dolan and more to do with the knicks lack of overall talent and the east just getting that much better..

We don't have a lot of scoring offensive tools on this team... Not sure what you are looking at, but what I see are our best scorers are one on one chuckers.. carmela and JR smith.. two morons to put it kindly... they are not ball movers, they are not good passers and their game is not conducive to good team flow.

and then when you look to the defensive end, we have a lot of holes, especially at SF or PF wherever carmelo is playing and at PG....

now you may see a bounce back season from some guys like amare and shumpert, the improvement of Hardaway, but that wont be enough.. not enough to catapult you ahead of some of the more younger and talented teams in the east... I think fisher will have to do a heck of a coaching job just to keep the knicks anywhere between the 8th and 10th seed.....

Kiyaman

Legend
i THINK the knicks being picked 10th had nothing to do with dolan and more to do with the knicks lack of overall talent and the east just getting that much better..

When it comes to the Knicks its all about James Dolan. Example:
Dolan trade for Melo & Billups, both having option for next season.
Dolan works on a 4 year extension for Melo to resign before the season end.
Dolan showed no interest in resigning Billups for the remainder of the season.
The best player for the Knicks in the Melo/Billups trade was Billups. Watch the first postseason game vs Boston.

A Star was born in New York, named Linsanity!
The Linsanity jersey sold 5 times more than any Knicks super-star within a 4 months period.
The Knicks MSG crowd yelled-out "Linsanity" during games 4 to 5 times to create a energize Knicks team.
The Knicks Linsanity not only filled all the seats in MSG, but the majority of road games too.

We don't have a lot of scoring offensive tools on this team...

The Knicks roster has to many double-diget scoring tools in a uptempo-set offense, and a halfcourt-set offense.
Coach Fisher will not run a half-court slow offense for 48 minutes like puppet Woodson.
The Knicks average 6 points per game on fast break baskets last season.
I see coach Fisher averaging 12 to 15 points per game on fast break baskets.

Not sure what you are looking at, but what I see are our best scorers are one on one chuckers.. carmela and JR smith.. two morons to put it kindly... they are not ball movers, they are not good passers and their game is not conducive to good team flow.

Well I agree, Melo/JR prove your point when they were in Denver with teammates Allen Iverson, Billups, Camby, and Kenyon Martin.
Melo/JR like to play in a slow-tempo game where they can pound the ball on isolation-moves to score where their teammates suppose to pick & screen for them, but Melo/JR will never pick or screen for their teammates, and Melo/JR will never push the ball to speed up the tempo of the game where they have to run or throw a lob pass for their teammates to score.

and then when you look to the defensive end, we have a lot of holes, especially at SF or PF wherever carmelo is playing and at PG....

We all should know from Melo's performance in Syracuse, Melo never played defense for coach Boheim.
And became the 3rd pick in the draft for his poor defense, plus USA coach Larry Brown did not give a no-defensive-Melo one second of playingtime on the USA team. Melo has improve since then Melo does make one defensive play per game now.
Every PG/SG in the NBA knows Calderon has always been clueless as a defender.

now you may see a bounce back season from some guys like amare and shumpert, the improvement of Hardaway, but that wont be enough.. not enough to catapult you ahead of some of the more younger and talented teams in the east... I think fisher will have to do a heck of a coaching job just to keep the knicks anywhere between the 8th and 10th seed.....

Miami Heat are still the TOP team in the EAST to beat in a playoff series.
I see the Cavs as an improve team in the east making it pass the first round of the playoffs.
Washington is taking Indiana place as a 2nd round playoff team.
Chicago is still 50-50 with Derek Rose, plus Pau Gasol is not going to do any better than Boozer. Mcderm?
Atlanta has always been a playoff team.
The maybe teams like the injured Pacers, Raptors, Brooklyn, Bucks, Hornets, and Pistons are not going to have a better winning regular season than Phil/Fisher Knicks coaching-staff.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
When it comes to the Knicks its all about James Dolan. Example:
Dolan trade for Melo & Billups, both having option for next season.
Dolan works on a 4 year extension for Melo to resign before the season end.
Dolan showed no interest in resigning Billups for the remainder of the season.
The best player for the Knicks in the Melo/Billups trade was Billups. Watch the first postseason game vs Boston.

A Star was born in New York, named Linsanity!
The Linsanity jersey sold 5 times more than any Knicks super-star within a 4 months period.
The Knicks MSG crowd yelled-out "Linsanity" during games 4 to 5 times to create a energize Knicks team.
The Knicks Linsanity not only filled all the seats in MSG, but the majority of road games too.

The Knicks roster has to many double-diget scoring tools in a uptempo-set offense, and a halfcourt-set offense.
Coach Fisher will not run a half-court slow offense for 48 minutes like puppet Woodson.

Well I agree, Melo/JR prove your point when they were in Denver with teammates Allen Iverson, Billups, Camby, and Kenyon Martin.
Melo/JR like to play in a slow-tempo game where they can pound the ball on isolation-moves to score where their teammates suppose to pick & screen for them, but Melo/JR will never pick or screen for their teammates, and Melo/JR will never push the ball to speed up the tempo of the game where they have to run or throw a lob pass for their teammates to score.

We all should know from Melo's performance in Syracuse, Melo never played defense for coach Boheim.
And became the 3rd pick in the draft for his poor defense, plus USA coach Larry Brown did not give a no-defensive-Melo one second of playingtime on the USA team. Melo has improve since then Melo does make one defensive play per game now.

I see the Cavs as an improve team in the east making it pass the first round of the playoffs.
Chicago is still 50-50 with Derek Rose, plus Pau Gasol is not going to do any better than Boozer. Mcderm?
The maybe teams like the injured Pacers, Raptors, Brooklyn, Bucks, Hornets, and Pistons are not going to have a better winning regular season than Phil/Fisher Knicks coaching-staff.

I understand there is always a dolan factor, but I think the media is not factoring that in when it comes to where the knicks are picked to finish, I mean what more can dolan do once the season starts? the team you see now is the team these writers evaluated. everything you mentioned regarding dolan are things that happened in the offseason...

where you are picked in the draft has nothing to do with how you will or how you have performed in this league.. the fact that carmelo has never defended in college and still doesn't is what hinders him from becoming a complete player, a winner.. amongst other things he does not do. I am also not sure why people bring up his playing time with team USA that has absolutely nothing to do with what he does in a knicks uniform..

you speak of fisher as if he has years under his belt of running an accomplished uptempo offense.. Honestly scoring wise, we have a lot of question marks on this team.. outside of JR smith and carmelo's chucking we have not one person we can count on to consistently score the ball... even at an average rate.... fisher can want to play uptempo all he wants...he has to have the horses to do so...

why do you make it seem as if the cavs just marginally improved? you do understand lebron has never been eliminated in the first round... so cleveland is going to get out of the first round most likely.... not only have they improved but have done so tremendously.. They easily can have 3 of the top 5 players in the east on that team... we know they have the best player on the planet on that team... I mean lets be real.. if we had that roster, every knick fan would be talking ring... nothing less..

chicago is good without rose, was good without him.. rose is now back and they have gasol, they will be a tough team to beat.. period..

the bucks, nets, raptors hornets were all playoff teams that either improved or got healthy , they are not maybe teams... I mean how can you call the raptors a maybe team when they won the division? Hornets got lance stephenson and they are now a maybe team? really?

you are now putting so much weight on the knicks coaching staff.. let me ask you.. is fisher a better coach than Stan van gundy? we do know this SVG has been to a finals..... if we are going to start big upping coaching staffs, then detroit becomes just a bit more than a "maybe" playoff team...

Broadway

All Star
Nets hired Lionel Hollins does this count? Fiba tournament is currently taking place what about the players involved, all playing make it to the playoffs if USA wins? Thibs is one of the lead coaches does this mean Bulls automatically make it to the Finals. The reaching attempts never complement reality

Kiyaman

Legend
Nets hired Lionel Hollins does this count? Fiba tournament is currently taking place what about the players involved, all playing make it to the playoffs if USA wins? Thibs is one of the lead coaches does this mean Bulls automatically make it to the Finals. The reaching attempts never complement reality

Lionel Hollins prove to be a decent coach who was able to coach the Memphis Grizzles players to their strength for successful seasons.
How Hollins are going to do with coach-Killer Deron Williams in Brooklyn is a huge question mark?

Stan Van Gundy and brother JVG are clueless offensive-coaches without a scheme of a plan.
The two brothers get props from me bc they are great defensive assistant-coaches, and I happen to be a Red Holzman Fan (Defense leads to the best offense).
Shaq had SVG fired as the Heats HC, and Howard had SVG fired as the Magics HC.
A play-maker (aka Skip to my Loo) took SVG to the Finals, the same player (Skip) took SVG and rookie D.Wade to the playoff.
Head-coach SVG cut Skip twice.

The Bulls coach Thib has showed repeatedly to be the best defensive-system coach in the NBA, but his offensive-scheme is only good for regular season games.

Rookie head-coach Derek Fisher actually has a NY Knicks roster where he could build a decent offensive-system, or build a decent defensive system by giving players equal playing-time to result in an above .500 season for the Knicks.
I see Fisher favoring team-performance throughout his rookie season, like Jason Kidd did.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Lionel Hollins prove to be a decent coach who was able to coach the Memphis Grizzles players to their strength for successful seasons.
How Hollins are going to do with coach-Killer Deron Williams in Brooklyn is a huge question mark?

Stan Van Gundy and brother JVG are clueless offensive-coaches without a scheme of a plan.
The two brothers get props from me bc they are great defensive assistant-coaches, and I happen to be a Red Holzman Fan (Defense leads to the best offense).
Shaq had SVG fired as the Heats HC, and Howard had SVG fired as the Magics HC.
A play-maker (aka Skip to my Loo) took SVG to the Finals, the same player (Skip) took SVG and rookie D.Wade to the playoff.
Head-coach SVG cut Skip twice.

The Bulls coach Thib has showed repeatedly to be the best defensive-system coach in the NBA, but his offensive-scheme is only good for regular season games.

Rookie head-coach Derek Fisher actually has a NY Knicks roster where he could build a decent offensive-system, or build a decent defensive system by giving players equal playing-time to result in an above .500 season for the Knicks.
I see Fisher favoring team-performance throughout his rookie season, like Jason Kidd did.

decent isn't going to get you above .500 in the east... and giving equal playing time to average players, aging players with bad knees and guys ready for the glue factory(dalembert) doesn't mean an above .500 season.. understand there are going to be some talented teams that are well coached and playing well that are going to struggle to get over .500 the average and decent teams will get average and decent results.. and I don't see that being above .500

An honest look at the knicks, take the fan hat off, an honest look, will tell you that we are team with average talent, overpaid talent, no leadership, a few knuckle heads and a rookie coach.. that is hardly a formula for a winning team or one above .500

Let me ask you this.. take off the knicks jerseys and put the kings jersey on this team.. would you feel this team the same group of guys led by carmelo(smh lord save us) is a team above .500 in the east?

how can you knock SVG who has been to a finals as a coach yet continue to big up fisher who has yet to coach one minute in the NBA.. it is just not reasonable at all... SVG clueless as an offensive coach? really? he managed to get to the finals running an offense through a young dwight howard who was still offensively raw... his offense was good enough to keep defenses honest, playing a smart but basic inside out game...

tell me other than the bulls and lakers, both coached by phil jackson how many triangle offenses in this league has won rings? or even been to a finals? who even uses that offense?

Kiyaman

Legend
Don't get ahead of yourself, Kiya. You were praising Phil until he made moves.

I been praising Phil since being Red Holzman best bigman off the bench.
Phil messed-up big-time when he did nothing to stop his boss James Dolan from making a 5 year mistake to the Knicks franchise.
Dolan gave Carmelo Anthony the highest paid player title for the next 5 seasons.
Recall when Dolan gave Larry Brown the highest paid coach for 4 years, how did that turn-out???

Kiyaman

Legend
are we sure that it was all jimmys idea on the (almost) max deal??? ...

Any deal above $100M for 5 yrs is a super MAX deal.
In Phil Jackson career as a player, coach, and now president, there's only three players in Phil's 50 yr career he would approve for $25M per year .. MJ, Shaq, Kobe, and thats after they won 3 championship rings.
Plus no owner in sports would give that type of $$$ power to their president to give a single player $25M per.
Plus an advancement in salary, WHAT? come-on thats Dolan written all over it, why u think ESPN gave the Knicks a 10 seeded team when the Knicks were a 9th seeded team last season?

There's a strong reason why so many Knicks articles the past three weeks of so-call Dolan not interfering with what president Phil Jackson are doing for the Knicks team .. "Dolan: I've let Phil run the Knicks" LMAO

paris401

Starter
I do not question that the deal was run by jimmy... if I owned the team, i'd certainly want it run by me... but are we sure that it was all jimmy's idea and that phil was not onboard???

Broadway

All Star
decent isn't going to get you above .500 in the east... and giving equal playing time to average players, aging players with bad knees and guys ready for the glue factory(dalembert) doesn't mean an above .500 season.. understand there are going to be some talented teams that are well coached and playing well that are going to struggle to get over .500 the average and decent teams will get average and decent results.. and I don't see that being above .500

An honest look at the knicks, take the fan hat off, an honest look, will tell you that we are team with average talent, overpaid talent, no leadership, a few knuckle heads and a rookie coach.. that is hardly a formula for a winning team or one above .500

Let me ask you this.. take off the knicks jerseys and put the kings jersey on this team.. would you feel this team the same group of guys led by carmelo(smh lord save us) is a team above .500 in the east?

how can you knock SVG who has been to a finals as a coach yet continue to big up fisher who has yet to coach one minute in the NBA.. it is just not reasonable at all... SVG clueless as an offensive coach? really? he managed to get to the finals running an offense through a young dwight howard who was still offensively raw... his offense was good enough to keep defenses honest, playing a smart but basic inside out game...

tell me other than the bulls and lakers, both coached by phil jackson how many triangle offenses in this league has won rings? or even been to a finals? who even uses that offense?

Minnesota announcers who sat front row when Rambis tried to run it spoke on this last night. They said they hated it and went on to mention exactly what you posted here.

Anyway nice to see we have the league right where we want them sitting 3-10 identical pace to last year's team. Up next is Philly and Tony Wroten Jr. is on a war path to test our will to tank and their will to tank harder.