Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: will the 33-49 Cavs have a better winning-season than Melo??

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Nyk Logo will the 33-49 Cavs have a better winning-season than Melo??

    The way Lebron/Kyrie/Kevin fit together ...all havin the ability to play in an uptempo game flow ..it's scary right?
    The Cavs weakness are in their Depth department

    Knicks are featuring coach Phil/Fisher triangle ...it may star 5 scoring leaders in THJ, JR, Melo, Barg, and Stat. Plus have "stoppers" in Dalembert, Outlaw, Acy, Shump, and Prigioni.
    The Knicks Depth-Chart in a 10-Man (triangle) rotation has the ability to play above .500 B.ball

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,811
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Marion, Miller and maybe Ray Allan, I don't think depth is going to be a problem for Cleveland with Lebron there. Most underrated thing about him is his ability to attract talent to any team he plays for. The Wolves owner bad mouthed Love saying he didn't play defense and Kyrie is a weak defender so they're not without flaws so while you have to make them the favorites to win the EC they may wind up being the 2012 Lakers rather than the 2007 Celtics.

    The Knicks training camp is going to be critical, if its like last year where Woody didn't come out of it with a set rotation and DFish does the same and experiments most of the early season with different lineups I don't expect the Knicks to do well. New system, new coach and new players say its a real possibility that this team is a mess next year.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Marion, Miller and maybe Ray Allan, I don't think depth is going to be a problem for Cleveland with Lebron there. Most underrated thing about him is his ability to attract talent to any team he plays for. The Wolves owner bad mouthed Love saying he didn't play defense and Kyrie is a weak defender so they're not without flaws so while you have to make them the favorites to win the EC they may wind up being the 2012 Lakers rather than the 2007 Celtics.

    The Knicks training camp is going to be critical, if its like last year where Woody didn't come out of it with a set rotation and DFish does the same and experiments most of the early season with different lineups I don't expect the Knicks to do well. New system, new coach and new players say its a real possibility that this team is a mess next year.
    Great point, the number one underrated super-star signed with the Cavs .. Shawn Marion.
    For years Marion's strong leadership helped high scorers Amare and Dirk defensive-performance take their team to the WCF.

    will Marion be a STARTER???

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,753
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    ...it may star 5 scoring leaders in THJ, JR, Melo, Barg, and Stat
    we are depending on a jr n a I"Talian .... we are in BIG trouble....

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Great point, the number one underrated super-star signed with the Cavs .. Shawn Marion.
    For years Marion's strong leadership helped high scorers Amare and Dirk defensive-performance take their team to the WCF.

    will Marion be a STARTER???
    marion may not start with kevin love at the PF position, he may come off the bench... unless he plays SF but isn't that lebrons position... either way, marion off the bench or as starter can yield similar results..

  6. #6
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I say the Knicks win about 45 games this season if Melo is healthy and plays unselfishly.

    The Cavs with Lebron alone are a 50 win team.

    I'd be shocked if the new big 3 won less than 62 games.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tkf
    marion may not start with kevin love at the PF position, he may come off the bench... unless he plays SF but isn't that lebrons position... either way, marion off the bench or as starter can yield similar results..
    Shawn Marion is a 4th qtr. player I expect will take a lot of the defensive pressure off of Love in the 4th quarter like Marion did in his career for Amare & Dirk.
    Dallas sign Richard Jefferson, Parson, and Villenova just to replace Marion.

    Amare needs a hustling SF like Marion, Deng, Ariza, W.Chandler, or Faried in his lineup so he could dominate at F/C.
    The Knicks still stand in one spot when SF-Melo or SF-JR puts the ball on the floor. Triangle what?

    The Washington Wizards preseason performance look to be one of the top 4 teams in the EAST, they look way better than the 44 win Wizards last season, especially when Beal return around Christmas.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Who are these guys on Philly
    Is it me or should the Knicks be up by 30 at Halftime?

    Larkins cant say he didnt get a good shot at making the regular season rotation.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 38
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2013, 20:31
  2. Replies: 391
    Last Post: Mar 01, 2012, 19:37
  3. Mike Antoni is God... hello winning season!
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 12, 2011, 06:03
  4. Replies: 187
    Last Post: Mar 10, 2011, 18:23
  5. Knicks Best Game this season vs Cavs
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2007, 22:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •