Will the new look Knicks practice the triangle in the Preseason Games

Kiyaman

Legend
The new-triangle Knicks will open their seven-game preseason schedule in Hartford against the Celtics on Oct. 8, then face Boston again Oct. 11 at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut.

Carmelo Anthony will make another visit to Syracuse?s Carrier Dome when the Knicks face the Sixers on Oct. 14. The Knicks also travel to Montreal to face the Raptors.
Their three Garden preseason games are against the Raptors (Oct. 13), Bucks (Oct. 20) and Wizards (Oct. 22).

With the roster already full ....
The New York Knicks sign camp invites Langston Galloway and Travis Wear.
Both Galloway and Wear played for the Knicks in the NBA Summer League.

The Knicks 2nd-unit and 3rd-unit should be our finishers for all 7 preseason games.
I see a 7-0 preseason performance from the Knicks, with some young potential athletic players added to the Knicks D.League team incase of injuries.

Kiyaman

Legend
haha... I thought I clicked into knicksonline... not comedy.com...haha

Funnyman Paris, 6 of the Knicks preseason games are vs the Atlantic Division Teams, Im predicting we win them all.
And hot-heads like you will write the Knicks are going to win the title after the preseason wins, rather than write the Knicks depth-chart might own the Atlantic Division.

tiger0330

Legend
Funnyman Paris, 6 of the Knicks preseason games are vs the Atlantic Division Teams, Im predicting we win them all.
And hot-heads like you will write the Knicks are going to win the title after the preseason wins, rather than write the Knicks depth-chart might own the Atlantic Division.
Are you a betting man Kiya? 100 bucks even money the Knicks don't go 7-0 preseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
Im hoping this will be the Knicks first training-camp/preseason where the Knicks medical-staff injury-report gets more news than how the Knicks team is progressing in training-camp/preseason.

Im wondering how certain players will do in the Triangle-system in the preseason games receiving 20 minutes of playing-time per game?
Wondering what type of line-ups will new rookie coach Fish put on the court?

First-Unit
Calderon?
JR?
Melo?
Amare?
Dally?

2nd Unit
Prigioni?
Shump?
Outlaw?
Barg?
Smith?

3rd Unit
Larkin?
THJ?
Early?
Acy?
Cole?

Im hoping this will be the Knicks first training-camp/preseason where the Knicks medical-staff injury-report gets more news than how the Knicks team is progressing in training-camp/preseason.

Im wondering how certain players will do in the Triangle-system in the preseason games receiving 20 minutes of playing-time per game?
Wondering what type of line-ups will new rookie coach Fish put on the court?

First-Unit
Calderon?
JR?
Melo?
Amare?
Dally?

2nd Unit
Prigioni?
Shump?
Outlaw?
Barg?
Smith?

3rd Unit
Larkin?
THJ?
Early?
Acy?
Cole?

Interesting ideas on the possible units. If it was up to me, I move THJ to the 1st unit instead of JR. If not THJ, then I say we keep Shump in the first unit. We have nothing to gain by letting JR play minutes with both Melo and Amare on the court in my opinion. Also, call me crazy, I think we start Bargs at center instead of Dalembert. This season has experiment gone wrong written all over it and I think we should ride a top 6 rotation of Melo, Calderon, Amare, Bargs, Shump, and THJ and see what happens. Also, I want to see lots of Early and Larkin. JR and several of the other guys certainly warrant rotation minutes, but why not give a chance for a gem to surface in a season where we have nothing to lose.

Kiyaman

Legend
Interesting ideas on the possible units. If it was up to me, I move THJ to the 1st unit instead of JR. If not THJ, then I say we keep Shump in the first unit. We have nothing to gain by letting JR play minutes with both Melo and Amare on the court in my opinion. Also, call me crazy, I think we start Bargs at center instead of Dalembert. This season has experiment gone wrong written all over it and I think we should ride a top 6 rotation of Melo, Calderon, Amare, Bargs, Shump, and THJ and see what happens. Also, I want to see lots of Early and Larkin. JR and several of the other guys certainly warrant rotation minutes, but why not give a chance for a gem to surface in a season where we have nothing to lose.

JRsmith inconsistency will be controlled by Fisher, JR athleticism and experience of knowing opposition starters takes THJ out of the starter spot. And Shump is the Knicks 6th-man off the bench for energy.
Dalembert is our season starter who plays 8 to 10 minute in the first-half and 14 to 16 minute in 2nd half as the team Stopper.
Amare is a double-double starter at PF, or center.
Melo gets $25M per.
Calderon gets $7M per.

Barg has never been a good starter in his career, its best to let Bargs back-up Amare and Dalembert.
It's also best to establish a defensive backcourt off the bench in Prigioni & Shump, and a frontcourt defensive tandem in Outlaw & Smith.
The Knicks bench rotation will win the majority of the games this season.