The difference between Melo and Lebron

tiger0330

Legend
Here's what Lebron said after their win against the Bulls.

"We're not the Big 3," James said. "We're a team."

Here's what Melo said about the Knicks new triangle offense.

"I don't think, especially in this system now, I'll be the scoring champ,''

One guy puts team and championships before his individual stats. The other guy comments on what the new system is going to mean to his numbers.

Melo is still the same high volume low efficiency scorer taking 22 shots to make 24 points and he's still a ball stopper as he showed in the Bucks game yesterday.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11736970

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
There goes the team-leadership .....

The $42M player says "Were a team"
The $124M player says "I don't think, I'll be the scoring champ"

is it me or does the $42M contract player speaks like a star player of a winning-team.
What catch your eye of thought .. "I don't think?" or "system?" or "scoring champ?"

Melo's comments lately, has made it hard to tell if Melo was really a
happy-camper at resigning the $124M contract to stay in NY.

Kiyaman

Legend
Tiger ....I thought all NBA player in search of a championship would be honored to
have Phil Jackson in his huddle. Melo did say he wanted a championship.

Didnt u find it strange when we hired a 11 championship ring player/coach/Zen as the
president of the Knicks.
And Melo still went fishing in the FA market.
Don't u find that a little strange?

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Dont you find it strange that alot of yall are reading way too much into this
or
that melo was asked if he sees himself scoring more points again
or that lebron was asked if he considers the trio a big three

they just answered the question directly

paris401

Starter
Melo is still the same high volume low efficiency scorer taking 22 shots to make 24 points and he's still a ball stopper as he showed in the Bucks game yesterday.http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11736970

only watched a couple mins of the game, but one play caught my eye... melo gets the ball high on the rite side... dribbles to the left, cant get to the basket, takes a 20+foot shot ... all the time the other 4guys r standing ...not moving...

looks like the same old..same old..

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont you find it strange that alot of yall are reading way too much into this
or
that melo was asked if he sees himself scoring more points again
or that lebron was asked if he considers the trio a big three

they just answered the question directly

All Melo comments in the past 365 days has been about Melo-Melo-Melo.
"We're a team learning the triangle system" could've been the answer to all the question asked to Melo.
No one gives a F why u sign a $124M contract.

Patrick Ewing said it best, "We are winning a Championship this season!".

paris401

Starter
All Melo comments in the past 365 days has been about Melo-Melo-Melo.
"We're a team learning the triangle system" could've been the answer to all the question asked to Melo.
No one gives a F why u sign a $124M contract.
Patrick Ewing said it best, "We are winning a Championship this season!".

yep.... if melo truly was a winner, he would have signed elsewhere (bulls/etc) where there is already a pretty good team in place, to push em over the edge... HOWEVER... he chose (which is his rite) to take the $$$$ and run...

enjoy your time with jr and the I'Talian and all the other losers.... maybe the I'Talian will buy you a cone...

Attachments

• th[1].jpg
    th[1].jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1
I love how perceptions revise on almost a weekly basis. Lebron leaves a top team to go play with two other All-Stars with the Decision. He then goes back to play with All-Star caliber PG Irving and immediately demands Love as well, which he also gets. Melo stays in NY despite at least one more year of playing with a garbage supporting cast, let alone another star. Yep, Lebron is Mr. Team and Melo is selfish, definitely how you should interpret those combination of events.

paris401

Starter
IYep, Lebron is Mr. Team and Melo is selfish, definitely how you should interpret those combination of events.

well maybe its because 'bron has brought his teams to the finals.... and won 2... and where has our boy melo brought us...i'll let u answer that...

well maybe its because 'bron has brought his teams to the finals.... and won 2... and where has our boy melo brought us...i'll let u answer that...

The question isn't who is a better player and who has played with better players. For what it's worth, no way I think Lebron would have taken our past couple rosters to a championship, but that's another conversation. The original criticism of Melo was that he's self-absorbed and Lebron is all about his team and that is nonsense. They are both hugely self-absorbed, Lebron just happens to have twice now gotten himself in a situation where he can pretend to be about being a team player because he is again paired with two other stars. I bet if Melo had gone to Chicago, he could be giving sound bites right now that make him sound like a team player, too.

tiger0330

Legend
I love how perceptions revise on almost a weekly basiactually n leaves a top team to go play with two other All-Stars with the Decision. He then goes back to play with All-Star caliber PG Irving and immediately demands Love as well, which he also gets. Melo stays in NY despite at least one more year of playing with a garbage supporting cast, let alone another star. Yep, Lebron is Mr. Team and Melo is selfish, definitely how you should interpret those combination of events.
Thats the other difference between Lebron and Melo, guys want to play with Lebron, Melo not so much. What are the chances of KD saying in 2016 "I'm signing with the Knicks because I've always wanted to play with Melo.

Plus Lebron is a leader, there was an article about him on Yahoo that he actually sets goals for his teammates telling them what he wants to see from them on the court. Melo typically doesn't get involved saying that's the coaches job.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
WHAT?

Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
no way I think Lebron would have taken our past couple rosters to a championship

We can not compare Melo to the leagues high level-10 super-star Lebron James

A lineup of Stat, Lebron, and Felton would've took the Knicks to the ECF vs Chicago MVP Derek Rose in 2010-11.
Melo had one season of playoff experience when we traded for him.
A star getting past the first round of the playoffs 1 time out of 8 seasons is what we traded for in Carmelo Anthony.