New York vs Chicago 01/17 Game Thread (L 86-88)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_100.gif
vs
bulls_100.gif

Lineups:

New York Knicks (17-19 ) :: 11-7 at MSG
stephon_marbury.jpg
allan_houston.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
jerome_williams.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg
lenny_wilkens.jpg

Chicago Bulls (16-18 ) :: 4-9 on Road

kirk_hinrich.jpg
chris_duhon.jpg
eddy_curry.jpg
luol_deng.jpg
othella_harrington.jpg
scott_skiles.jpg

Game Time: 1:00 PM EST
TV: MSG, MSGHD
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap:
Knicks 86 - Bulls 88

6thman

Benchwarmer
yeah rady i think i'ma gonna follow the 3 and 4th quarter online!
And it better be a win otherwise i won't stay too long... :evil: :evil:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
finnaly courtside live is on. we lead 15-10. houston with 5 points. GO NY!

6thman

Benchwarmer
nice first quarter, we already lead by 9! hope we won't blow it!
Marbury has 10 points :twisted: :twisted:
I'm very happy to see J-craw et Sweet back on the court! And i love this team without Tim Thomas! JYD gives us a lot of energy and ariza is our back up!
GO NY

8) 8)

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
i've been out b/c i was so stunned by the last game, i'll start posting stuff soon......

anyway
with everyone back and thier at home they dont have any excuses!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
41-45, we're still leading by 4 but the bulls are having a slowly comeback

allan houston 13 points, stephon marbury 10 points, 4 assists

6thman

Benchwarmer
aaaa WTF, the bulls scored 5 pts to tie the game with 16 seconds left!!
AND AND, what do i see?
Gordon makes a fuckin' jump shot, the bulls win by two!

I hate those knicks!

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Stupid excuses, Crawford was just getting back and his shoe must be uncomfortable damn..... idk, they do need time but this sucked!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
we're so goddamn stupid it's unbelievable! leading with 5 points with 1.30 and we lose?
wtf!!
for a whole minute and thirty seconds nobody is able to score?? this is the worst day of my life.
the kncks don't deserve to make the playoffs.

oh, i'm never gonna bet on the knicks again!

Blumatic

Rotation player
This loss hurt alot. Especially since we just played this team on Saturday. Eddie Curry talked bad about the Knicks front court and we still lost. This is a very bad stretch. How many games do the Knicks have to lose till they become a good team.

NYKnicks15

Starter
we do need time to get everyone back to full health but we officially suck

Im not the type to freak out and demand trades but its obviously not working, keep our core Marbury, Crawford, Ariza, Williams, Sweetney and because we have to Houston and then do the rest...The Knicks offseason better look close to this or I will throw away my Marbury jersey
1. Make a run at Eddy Curry OR trade for him once he resigns with the Bulls
2. Trade Penny and Tim
3. Sign Keon Clark
4. Re-sign Trevor Ariza
5. Make a run at Stromile Swift
6. Fire Lenny Wilkins
7. Hire Phil Jackson

im not posting again until we win or i get pissed even more, or something good happens for a change peace

Blumatic

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
we do need time to get everyone back to full health but we officially suck

Im not the type to freak out and demand trades but its obviously not working, keep our core Marbury, Crawford, Ariza, Williams, Sweetney and because we have to Houston and then do the rest...The Knicks offseason better look close to this or I will throw away my Marbury jersey
1. Make a run at Eddy Curry OR trade for him once he resigns with the Bulls
2. Trade Penny and Tim
3. Sign Keon Clark
4. Re-sign Trevor Ariza
5. Make a run at Stromile Swift
6. Fire Lenny Wilkins
7. Hire Phil Jackson

im not posting again until we win or i get pissed even more, or something good happens for a change peace

I was just thinking the same thing with Stromile, he's a shot blocker. Coming off the bench he is averaging 1.73 blocks. Imagine if he starts. Im not sure about Curry. I doubt we're geeting him. But Tyson Chandler seems better b/c he is a free agent this offsesason. Both Stromile and Chandler are free agents. Get rid of Penny and Tim. Ariza is playing well. Dont Neccesarily have to trade just dont re-sign them. Addition by subtraction. The payroll will be less.
Phil Jackson is funny to me. He is not a coach favorable to true point guards like Steph.
Keon Clark has had a bad rep this year in not returning phone calls. So may be he just doesnt wantto be bothered.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i wasnt gonna respond to any until the won but i cant help myself haha its addicting.

1. Phil jackson yea its funny but a great choice, hes a great coach no argument there with anyone. True hes not a big pg fan but he is a big man and sg fan and we need someone who can get active and spread their knowledge to whatever big mad we get or have...and Craw does need some enlightment. Plus im sure Steph can handle his own.

2. Swift...yea someone brought him up the other day and it stuck in my head, and now that you bring up Chandler thatd be awesome aswell to have an actual bigman! hes an inside presence, young and hes 7-1...i just dont know if we have the ability to make a run at them....with the cap room im not hugely knowledgable in that area if someone understands it share your knowledge.

3. Clark...i like him cause hes always been a decent player and hes big. but if we get chandler were set and furthermore swift were good. i dunno cause Isiah even visited him not too long ago i believe.

4. Hardaway and Tim...no we really need to trade them or were stuck with them for another year...maybe let one run out but im not sure bout both. Atleast trade for another SF cause i really think Ariza is not ready yet even though i like his potential.

reply because im really interested in that whole salary space thing

WiL8000

Rotation player
This game had such hope. Even Marbury had said that after the comments by Curry, that the Knicks were motivated. Yea RiGhT!!!! And to top it all off, he messed up his knee in this game, thats just great.

These are tough times, there isn't anything positive to say as of late, about the Knicks. If we lose to Toronto, I just won't have anything else to say.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Phil Jackson said he won't coach the Knicks cause they "weren't good enough", so get over it. Eddy Curry is going nowhere, again..get over it. Ariza going nowhere so that's a moot point, who's better to coach the team? Patrick, I heard the reason IT hasn't pulled the plug on the Wilkens show is he waiting to see if Mo Cheeks gets the hook in Portland.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Yea i wont get over it, because this is the nba so anything can happen. and if you read the New York Daily News article i posted on another thread you will see that Phil Jackson has been campaigning for the Knicks job...so yea. Jackson or Brown thats what I want preferably Jackson.

Eddy Curry once again its the nba. So who really knows? Not me, and definetely not you so get off your high horse. Anything can happen. Last time I checked Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford are bestfriends...so who knows?