New York vs Chicago 01/17 Game Thread (L 86-88)

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
So a GM in the NBA is gonna give us Eddy Curry, who's been as big as anyone in the Bulls recent success...because He and Crawford are close?? Do you still believe in santa too? And where do you see that Phil Jackson was campaigning for the Knicks job? If that were truly the case, Wilkens wouldn't have resigned...He would have been fired. I know that, everyone that is a member of this site knows that...even you. Here's a quote from Phil Jackson himself:

If he returns to the N.B.A., Jackson wants to coach a team that has a chance to contend for a championship within a few years. He ruled out any wholesale-rebuilding efforts.

“It has to be a challenge,” he said. “The team that has a glimmer of hope, that has potential, where you have a challenge that’s out there and an opportunity, I think is what every coach wants. You want to think you have an opportunity to win.”

Does this sound like the Knicks current position? If you want to come at me, get at with knowledge, not high hopes. Paul Pierce & Antoine Walker are best friends too. So I guess it's gonna be Paul to the Hawks for a 1st round pick. They are friends...so I guess I'll look for that this week sometime. Yeah, I guess Cutino Mobley is still a Magic as well since he and Steve Francis are best friends too.

Enough said.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Eddy Curry is a free agent next year. and if the knicks cant afford his salary im sure they can sign in trade. alot of players DEMAND trades and all im saying is if he wanted to be with his friend and play for the knicks thats all he had to do...it is possible.

I believe Atlanta and Boston are in trade talks to get Walker back where he started so...yea.

Phil Jackson...IT WAS IN THE ARTICLE I POSTED FROM THE NEW YORK DAILY NEWS!!! read before you write. and more than likely Isiah "had that meeting" that they had to give Lenny his options get fired or resign...not everything is posted in the paper

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I do read before I post, so you advice is something you should take. Now with Antoine Walker, here's a quote from Danny Ainge:

Toine talk foolish

There was yet more published talk of the C's wanting to reacquire Antoine Walker [news]. Danny Ainge gave this one a roll of his eyes, too.

``I don't want to comment on trade rumors, but any time you hear that Al Jefferson is mentioned, there's really nothing else I have to say,'' Ainge said. . . .

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=64761.

So to that point I say whatever. With Eddy Curry look at the Knicks roster. Now you're the Bulls and you own the rights to one of the leagues more promising young Centers. Why would trade him to the Knicks?? So in your obvious dream scenario, who do the Bulls take for Curry...Moochie Norris? Seriously, you coming at me saying I don't understand or get how the league works?? I've slept through more games than you've watched. Please. So what! Curry is a free agent, but his rights are wholly & solely the Bulls, so what do we give for Curry, considering when we got Crawford this summer we offered KT, and the Bulls obviously wouldn't deal us Curry. And with Phil, that was just recently posted from another news source. I read that too, but Herb Williams is interim till the end of the season. Why didn't Phil take the open spot?? Goes back to something I posted months ago. Phil won't coach the Knicks till he feels the team is closer. So I asked before, what makes you so optimistic...who cares, cause your not Phil Jackson. The fact that he has signed on the dotted line, means I'm still right and you...OBVIOUSLY AREN'T.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Why do you take everything for what it is? Just because someone said this or that in the papers doesnt mean jack. The papers have also said bigfoot was real and ufos exist, granted they were tabloids but still haha

I never said you dont know how the league works, I was just criticizing that Dr. Crapy trade idea of getting rid of the whole roster for nobodies and expiring contracts that would ONE never be accepted by the other teams TWO never be accepted by the fans People say we need to clear up space to run at players YES that is 100% true but no one thats a free agent next year is big enough to where it would be important immediately. Eddy Curry, Tyson Chandler, Antoine Walker, Dale Davis, Stromile Swift, Latrell Spreewell, Shareed Abdur Rahim, Damon Stoudamire, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Donyell Marshall, Kwame Brown, Larry Hughes them are the big names this year...more than half will resign with their team and I dont see where'd we get better because if we get rid of our roster for following year free agents we get stuck with those same damn players. and if we want to keep them i doubt ANY would sign for a year or two where theyd be free agents the following years.

STICK with what we have make trades for good players then when Bron and Amare are free agents then do it.

I doubt Phil wants to take a team half way through the year when he can obviously get a fresh start next season. Get hired over the summer and attempt to help Isiah in making roster moves etc etc. He cant do much damage coming into already downsided year. and i cant help to post this quote yet again from the New York Daily News...
The choice of Williams will increase speculation that the Knicks will make a run at Phil Jackson, the former Bulls and Lakers coach. Jackson, a onetime Knick player, has said several times this season that he would be interested in coaching the team.