Emergency Thread: New York Knicks @ Detroit Pistons (2014/11/05)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

NYK.gif
DET.gif

(2-2) - (0-3)

VenueTVTIME
Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MIMSG7:30 PM EST

Playing tonight without JR Smith because of the low blow last night. Interesting to see if anything else will be different from last night after that terrible 2nd half performance. Need to play 4 solid quarters tonight if we expect to win, even against a not so stellar Detroit squad. Let's go Knicks!

skisloper

Starter
Playing tonight without JR Smith because of the low blow last night. Interesting to see if anything else will be different from last night after that terrible 2nd half performance. Need to play 4 solid quarters tonight if we expect to win, even against a not so stellar Detroit squad. Let's go Knicks!

JR pulling this crap will make it so much harder to trade.....and after this season of course hr will OPT in as in the past 5 years another team has never offered him a contract when they could and no team wanted him in a trade.....If he pulled this crap to assure himself a place in NY it would be genius but JR is just an idiot.

tiger0330

Legend
If Timmy was playing better I'd say so what that JR isn't playing but he's been playing like crap. More important is Acy than JR I hope he's playing.

Prigioni lying on court holding ankle and not looking like he can get up. Not good. Not good at all.

We are playing horrible, except for Jason Smith. They are shooting hot, except for Josh Smith who is playing dreadful. If you swapped those Smiths onto the other team, we'd be losing by 50 by now.

We have one guy who shot 7 for 8 with 17 points in the first half and somehow we only scored 37 points as a team. That tells you how bad our offense was in that half.

Kiyaman

Legend
Prig is out .. who gonna b the PG?
is'nt Calderon out too.

Why Melo and Shump not helping Larkin pass the ball around? JSmith is hot!
Ball movement beats the 0-3 Pistons every night.

tiger0330

Legend
Detroit actually has a lower shooting % than us and we're still losing. What Mafra said about this team being a bunch of jump shooters is so true. I was wondering when and if the lack of scoring in the paint and low FT attempts would catch up with the Knicks, I think it will.

mafra

Legend
Detroit actually has a lower shooting % than us and we're still losing. What Mafra said about this team being a bunch of jump shooters is so true. I was wondering when and if the lack of scoring in the paint and low FT attempts would catch up with the Knicks, I think it will.

In what had to be the ugliest half of basketball since Naismith designed the sport... Knicks manage 37 points.

Shump drained a 3 with :33 seconds left to spare me from writing that our starting backcourt had 5 points, 4 turnovers, 1 assist combined. 8 points so much better... Lol.
Did I mention that Carmelo Anthony didn't make a shot? Oh yeah, that too. He has 2 points and 1 turnover.

Combined, Amare and Melo... 40 million duo this year.... 1-12 shooting (4 points).

We allowed Detroit to have their way in paint... They shot 17 free throws. And grabbed 10 offensive boards.

We shot 15-39 in the half. Jason Smith was 7-8 tho. Rest of team was 8-31; where would we be without Jason Smith's 17 points?

Still, we only trail by 12

Our starting center had 2 points.

We attempted 5 free throws the entire half.

Kiyaman

Legend

All those jumpers remind me of last season Knicks, especially the missing

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't believe Fisher-Knicks are going to be the first team to lose to the LOTTERY Pistons .. Helltotheno
LETS GO Knicks in the 2nd half

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Stoudemire needs to stop celebrating every time he does a dunk or gets a block when he hasn't been doing much. Melo needs to stop doing so much iso.

tiger0330

Legend
Lots of time left but when the opposing team is making 3s at over a 50% clip its not looking good to say the least. The Pistons coudn't hit a 3 against the Nets hmm.

Kiyaman

Legend
Its hard to get stops when you are giving up offensive rebounds, No effort, Team just giving up.
Why are we standing-still ....
The Pistons are not use to scoring on every possession LOL