Mavericks and Tyson Chandler living happily ever after

tiger0330

Legend
He may be outplaying our center Samuel Dalembert and PG Jose Calderon but I for one am glad he's gone. He was a whiner in NY, despite the generous contract the Knicks gave him that Mark Cuban refused to give him in his one championship year in Dallas he expressed his desire for the Knicks to trade him.

He's a complementary piece that was paid star money, I saw too many losing streaks with him in the lineup during his years with us and getting outplayed by of all people that scrub Roy Hibbert in the playoffs

Forgive me if I don't wish him luck in Dallas.

NY POST said:
Not too many seemed particularly sad to see Tyson Chandler’s time with the Knicks end.

He was far from a bust, but further from the missing piece to a championship some viewed him as when he signed a four-year, $55 million deal in 2011.

In Dallas, he could be that piece once again.

Chandler is getting rave reviews since returning to the Mavericks in an offseason trade with the Knicks. He is anchoring the middle on defense, is averaging a double-double and seems healthier than he did at any point during his three years with the Knicks.

“I was actually surprised how good he looked when he got here,” Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki told the Dallas Morning News.

“He was fighting a little injury bug in New York. But he said he put in a lot of work over the summer, and he looks as explosive as ever. I love what he’s doing.”

Prior to his return, Chandler had only spent one season with the Mavericks. That happened to be the 2010-11 title team that took down the Heat in LeBron James’ first year on South Beach.

“I think it’s great that he’s back,” Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle told the Dallas Morning News recently. “He’s one of the most popular one-year players in the history of any franchise. A couple of speaking engagements, I just got up and first thing I said was, ‘Tyson Chandler is back with the Mavericks.’ And everybody stands up and goes crazy.”

The Mavericks had eyes on following the Heat’s path and going after a superstar, such as the Nets’ Deron Williams, to pair with Nowitzki so they agreed to a sign-and-trade that sent Chandler to the Knicks.

Dallas didn’t find any superstars and have two first-round playoff defeats in the three years since Chandler left. Now they have surrounded Nowitzki with a solid rotation that includes Monta Ellis and Chandler Parsons.

“He’s the kind of guy you can’t help but love to watch because of his approach [and] his enthusiasm,” Carlisle said. “He’s a winner.”

Chandler isn’t thought of so fondly in New York. No names have been specified, but the current Knicks have made a point of mentioning the bad energy that infiltrated last season’s 37-win squad.

Phil Jackson said a lack of chemistry precipitated the trade that sent Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Mavericks for for Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington, Shane Larkin and Samuel Dalembert. It was a comment that infuriated Chandler.

But Jackson’s first significant move as Knicks president was championed by most as a salary cap-saving steal.

So far, it’s Chandler and the Mavericks who are reaping the benefits.

“To be back with somebody who understands me and understands how I can succeed out there and puts me in positions to succeed is great,” Chandler said before the season of Carlisle.

“You have to have a winning culture, and coach Carlisle knows how to do that. That’s what I’m most excited about.”