Game Thread: NY Knicks@Dallas Mavericks (11/26/2014)

tiger0330

Legend
header.jpg

PlaceTV
Time
American Airlines Center
ESPN
Nov. 26 7:30pm EDT

NYK.gif
DAL.gif

i
i

i
i

i
i

i
i

i
i

Injury Report

NY Knicks
Dallas Mavs
Carmelo Anthony Back Doubtful
Cleanthony Early Knee Out
Andrea Bargnani Strained Calf Out

Raymond Felton Ankle Out

Tonight's game should be an ugly game for the boys with Melo out for the Knicks. They already only score 94.8 PPG with him in the lineup, he takes 23.8% of the Knicks shots and is responsible for 24.4% of the Knicks points so without him in the lineup the Knicks will be lucky to score 90 points tonight. Someone has to step up, Calderon, Jason Smith, Amare, JR, Shump or THJ must score and play starters minutes for the Knicks to have a chance tonight.

The Knicks offense is not the only problem, their inability to defend the 3 is going to be an issue. The Mavs lead the league in scoring and shoot the 3 often and should be able to take advantage of the Knicks poor defense from beyond the arc.

All I'm hoping is Coach Fisher has the team ready and the Knicks play with some fire and determination in a nationally televised game tonight. A win may be improbable but that's what they said when they played Cleveland.

[h=1]Knicks-Mavericks Preview[/h]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-mavericks-preview-191108987--nba.html

With their offense misfiring since a six-game win streak, the Dallas Mavericks are on the verge of losing three straight for only the second time in 21 months.

The Mavericks, however, may not need to kick things into high gear Wednesday night against the New York Knicks, who have found virtually no success on the road this season and may be without an ailing Carmelo Anthony.

During its recent winning streak, Dallas (10-5) - which leads the NBA with an average of 109.3 points - scored 118.6 per game, though that number was significantly bumped by three contests ending with point totals of 123, 131 and 140.
Dallas, which beat Philadelphia by 53 and the Los Angeles Lakers by 34 in that span, then ran into a wall Saturday at Houston in a 95-92 loss. The difference came from 3-point range, where the teams shot a combined 21 for 81 with 15 of those 3s made by the Rockets.
After being held below 100 points for only the third time this season, the Mavs returned to that plateau Monday at home against Indiana but managed only one field goal over the final 7:17 to walk away with a 111-100 loss.
"You can't always try to outscore the other team every single night," said center Tyson Chandler, the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year in 2011-12. "Some nights, you're going to rely on your defense."

Monta Ellis scored 24 points and Dirk Nowitzki had 22 points and 11 rebounds for Dallas, which lost three straight games just once last season - the club's only skid of that length since February 2013.
A defense that sits in the middle of the league rankings at both 99.6 points allowed per game and 45.1 percent shooting may not have to contend with Anthony, the NBA scoring champion in '12-13 who is averaging 23.2 points this season.

Anthony, who admitted to dealing with knee pain after a Nov. 18 loss at Milwaukee, did not play in the second half of Monday's 91-86 loss at Houston because of back spasms.
"Back spasms are really tough to deal with," Knicks coach Derek Fisher said of Anthony, who didn't talk to the media after the game reportedly because he was in so much pain. "He felt very uncomfortable, and we have to see."
Anthony didn't practice Tuesday with the team in Dallas and is listed as doubtful.
Without their star forward, the Knicks (4-11) could be hard-pressed to duplicate their most recent road performance against Dallas, which had beaten New York in three straight home meetings before posting its lowest point total of last season in a 92-80 loss Jan. 5.

The Knicks of this season in no way resemble the team that dominated that night, losing all six of their road games since winning their first in Cleveland on Oct. 30.

The assumption some may have about New York's January win in Dallas is that Chandler's presence contributed to the stout defense, but the center was working his way back from injury and played less than five minutes.

New York shipped Chandler back to Dallas in an offseason trade that brought in point guard Jose Calderon, who missed the first 13 games with a strained calf and has totaled 12 points and eight assists in the last two games.

The Knicks and Mavericks split their two meetings in each of the last three seasons. The most recent ended with Dallas prevailing 110-108 at Madison Square Garden on Feb. 24 despite Anthony's 44 points.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great Game Thread Tiger ..
I like the conclusion of Knicks vs Dallas at home & away lastseason ....
The Knicks Shump & Beno relentless performance WIN in Dallas 92-80
"Knicks best season performance" JR sneaker untieing
Beno is now playing well with Marc Gasol in Memphis as the 2nd top winning team in NBA.
Im sure Beno is telling Gasol how much fun it is to be a NY Knicks.

This will be one BLOW-OUT Knicks Loss in Dallas we cant mention Fisher/Melo/JR are tanking the game.
Fisher coaching does not compare to half of Mavs coach Rick Carlyle .. Mavs
Calderon vs Nelson .. Mavs
Shump vs Ellis .. Mavs
Melo vs Parson .. Even
Stat vs Dirk .. Mavs
Dally vs Tyson .. Mavs
JR & Acy vs Harris & Wright .. Mavs
Yeah, another embarrassing Knicks blow-out.

When Phil traded Tyson to the Mavs in June, I did predict the 2015 FINALS teams
Mavs vs Heat

Thanks for the great game thread.

Another night playing a better team than us, another chance to build upon simple things at a system level for us. If we can play hard and play strategic, we can at least see about maximizing the limited assets that our currently on our roster. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
Fast start for the Knicks, that's why we got Calderon shooting the 3. The Knicks should be taking more 3s, they're good at it.

tiger0330

Legend
I was hoping our other 20M man Stat would step up and be a factor. He's no longer a dominant player just a highly paid role player now.

All in all, we're not playing too bad. A very respectable effort so far, especially on defense against a very good offensive team. If we continue the good effort throughout the 2nd half, we can push these guys to the final buzzer and at least half a chance of stealing this one.

tiger0330

Legend
Carlisle being the coach he is probably laid into the team for that offensive performance. I look for them to play much more uptempo.

Only up by 3, but in my eyes we're definitely outplaying them as far as execution on both ends of the court. Now, if that keeps up, it's only a question of whether our execution can overcome their significant talent advantage.

Somewhere Mike D'Antoni is watching this game and saying "all they're doing is bombing 3's, I could have coached that"

Great 3rd quarter, heavily behind way more scoring than you would expect from Prigioni and Calderon. Just got to keep it going for one more quarter and we can steal this one. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
They have played great for 3 quarters and you know the Mavs are embarassed by this game so far and expect the Knicks are going to cave but I think the boys have enough guts to take this one. Prigoni has to play in crunch time, sit JR.

Kiyaman

Legend
Carlisle being the coach he is probably laid into the team for that offensive performance. I look for them to play much more uptempo.

Big big difference without Melo & JR on the court .. we got defense, we got uptempo transition, we got 4th quarter leads. We just need Fisher to stop with all the three-guard and four guard lineup, and start thinking defensive-rebounds.
Acy is a SF not a PF.
Jason Smith been defending Dirk well.