'Melo & Amar'e call out JR SMith & I-Shump: Knicks losers b/c SG duo are failures

paris401

Starter
Maybe we strike gold and net OKAFOR. But, even the 8th pick could land us a good player.

AND we do have a 2nd round pick (according to mock drafts). 1 even has Frank 'the tank' Kaminksy going 1 pick ahead of us in the 2nd round. Imagine getting Okafor and Kaminsky! We would have 2 corner pieces, perfectly suited for the triangle.

Toss in Marc Gasol and Rondo or Dragic, then sprinkle in Kobe in 2016 (or Durant)... and now we have a dynasty!

somebody is hitting the bong early....

tiger0330

Legend
I sure do hope we land Okafor, reminds me of Demarcus Cousins with his versatility. Philly is going to pick him though if they get the 1st pick even though they have Embiid and Noel.

Problem is these kids come out at 19 with one year of school and they take longer to develop. So you get Okafor and he might not become a franchise C/PF for 3 years.

paris401

Starter
Toss in Marc Gasol and Rondo or Dragic, then sprinkle in Kobe in 2016 (or Durant)... and now we have a dynasty!

as it stands rite now, our payroll next year is 40m..'if' gasol signs, I doubt he is taking pau $$$, he is going to want max $$$... not sure what that is, but prob around 20m... so now our payroll with gasol is 60m... next years cap is not known, but prob under 70m... so we are left with 8-10m to fill out our roster, as we only have 7 players signed... so we can pay about 1m for the other 8players..

fast forward to the next year where our payroll with gasol will be 52m ...for 3 players.. if the cap goes to 75m, we have 23m to spend... 'if' Durant comes, he is going to want major $$$...lets say 20m.. so now we have 4players signed, leaving us needing to sign 11 players for a total of 3m..

I dunno the answer... that's why we signed the zen-master...does he have a plan, or is he just taking jimmy and his $$ for a ride...