Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Dallas Mavericks (2014/12/16)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

DAL.gif
AT.png
NYK.gif

(17-8) (5-21)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG8:00 PM EST

Possible starters:

chandler_parsons.png
quincy_acy.png

dirk_nowitzki.png
carmelo_anthony.png

tyson_chandler.png
amare_stoudemire.png

monta_ellis.png
jose_calderon.png

jameer_nelson.png
iman_shumpert.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Dallas Mavericks
Iman Shumpert -Dislocated Left Shoulder (OUT)Raymond Felton - Sprained right ankle (QUEST)
JR Smith - Sore Left Heel (QUEST)Chandler Parsons - Lower back soreness (QUEST)
Cleanthony Early - Injured Right Knee (OUT)-
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Calf (OUT)-

Today in Knicks history
52032157.jpg

December 16, 2010Patrick Ewing becomes the Knicks? all-time leading scorer with his 14,618th career point,
passing Walt Frazier (14,617). Ewing?s record-breaker is a 12-foot baseline jumper (Oakley assist) with 9:39
left in the third quarter of a 108-85 win over the Lakers at MSG.

Recent meetings
November 26, 2014After an offseason trade with the Mavericks this offseason, a homecoming for many turned into a playoff-like game as the Dallas Mavericks were able to outlast the shorthanded New York Knicks 109-102 in overtime at AmericanAirlines Center. New York was led by former Maverick, Jose Calderon?s 21 points, 10 rebounds and four assists over 38 minutes. This was Calderon?s first double-double of the season. Former Maverick, Samuel Dalembert added 13 points and 13 rebounds for his first double-double of the season. Pablo Prigioni added 12 points off the bench. Dallas was led by Dirk Nowitzki?s 30 points and six rebounds over 39 minutes. Former Knick Tyson Chandler posted 17 points and 25 rebounds over 43 minutes.
February 24, 2014After eliminating an eight-point deficit in the final minute of the game, New York tied the score at 108-108 on a Carmelo Anthony triple with :10.6 left to play only to see a Dirk Nowitzki 19-footer touch every part of the basket and rattle home at the buzzer to propel the Dallas Mavericks past the New York Knicks 110-108 at Madison Square Garden. Carmelo led the way with 44 points, nine rebounds and four assists over 42
minutes. J.R. Smith posted 15 points, a team high seven assists, and four rebounds over 35 minutes. Tyson Chandler recorded a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds. Dallas was paced by Vince Carter?s 23 points on 8-17 shooting (7-12 3PT) off the bench. Jose Calderon posted 20 points and six assists over 34 minutes. Monta Ellis added 22 points and six assists over 41 minutes.

Thanks for another great game thread. I'm pretty sure the Mavs with Chandler are going to make a point of trying to tearing us apart whenever we play them due to the bad feelings between TC and PJ. This would be a big win for us, even on our home court, but who knows what kind of effort we are going to get on a nightly basis as the losses continue to pile up. Let's go Knicks!

Dallas hits their first six shots and scores 14 points in the first three minutes before they miss. Dallas trying to run us right out of the building early.

Dallas with 19 points in less than the first four and a half minutes. On pace to score 200 points or something like that tonight. First time I can recall the Garden crowd booing this season.

Unbelievably bad defense, although not sure it's that surprising with Melo, Stat, THJ, and Calderon, who are all poor defensive players, all on the court at the same time. Fisher subs 5 new guys into the game barely halfway through the first quarter trying to send a message.

Let Dallas get a 19 point lead on us in the 1st quarter before our guys wake up a little bit to make a run to cut it to 12 at the end of the quarter. Lots of time left, but man, that start was as ugly as it gets.

We pretty much held our own in the 2nd quarter, but we once again look like we are playing just well enough to hang around and then lose. Maybe not tonight though. Let's go Knicks!

Dallas has too much firepower and we have too little defense. Melo playing harder than anyone on our side, but the efficiency isn't there. Still, Melo with 22 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, and a couple steals in not even 3 quarters of basketball. He is fighting.

Got our heads handed to us in the 4th quarter. Bad effort. Essentially a third of the way through the year and we have 5 wins. On pace for somewhere in the ballpark of 15 to 20 wins. That is no joke lottery ball, even in a year where a roster as bad as the 76ers exist.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
its just pain, really, come on now, I almost canceled my league pass before seeing the game, then I said, you never know, maybe they will turn it on suddenly and you will regret canceling it.......
What was our record the year before Ewing?

tiger0330

Legend
Got our heads handed to us in the 4th quarter. Bad effort. Essentially a third of the way through the year and we have 5 wins. On pace for somewhere in the ballpark of 15 to 20 wins. That is no joke lottery ball, even in a year where a roster as bad as the 76ers exist.
Philly at least knows they are trying to tank. The Knicks spend millions on PJ, Fisher and Melo and get the worst start in club history. Hiring Phil Jackson and a rookie coach for that kind of money is going to go down as an epic failure if they can't turn this thing around next year.

Thanks for keeping the light on in the game threads htr10.

Kiyaman

Legend
Got our heads handed to us in the 4th quarter. Bad effort.

I stop watching in the 3rd quarter .. last season Knicks being repeated.
The Mavs bench scored 50 points

Essentially a third of the way through the year and we have 5 wins. On pace for somewhere in the ballpark of 15 to 20 wins.

I know we playing awful, please dont calculate the Knicks being a 20 win team this season, if Phil dont coach or have a fire-sell

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
Hiring Phil Jackson and a rookie coach for that kind of money is going to go down as an epic failure if they can't turn this thing around next year.

Next Year! ...Naw Phil Jackson and rookie coach has to fix this in 2014-15 season, asap.
There are 9 non-play-off teams and 6 playoff teams that will be trading before the deadline.
There also will be teams ready to buy Stat and Barg ($35M) ending contracts before the deadline.

paris401

Starter
I
There also will be teams ready to buy Stat and Barg ($35M) ending contracts before the deadline.

I agree..BUT.. being over the cap, what $hit will we have to take back?? I don't see a team giving us 'gems' for these expiring contracts ..BUT.. maybe I'm wrong.. that's why we hired phil...