New York @ Toronto 01/19 Game Thread (L 98-81)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_100.gif
@
raptors_100.gif

Lineups:

New York Knicks (17-20 ) :: 6-12 on road
stephon_marbury.jpg
allan_houston.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
jerome_williams.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg
lenny_wilkens.jpg

Toronto Raptors (16-23 ) :: 13-5 on Road

rafer_alston.jpg
eric_williams.jpg
rafael_araujo.jpg
morris_peterson.jpg
chris_bosh.jpg
sam_mitchell.jpg

Game Time: 7:00 PM EST
TV: MSG, MSGHD
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap
Raptors 98 - Knicks 81

WiL8000

Rotation player
This game is the last straw. The Knicks need to win this one for obvious reasons, like staying in the top slot of the weak Atlantic div. But this goes deeper than that. It's about pride, they need a win to hold on to some form of dignity.

Blumatic

Rotation player
THIS IS A DO OR DIE GAME. This game is there Season, this game is Lenny's job, this game is their pride. This game decides if I will ever watch them again this season. Unless they're facing, Lebron, Iverson, Kobe, Shaq, Wade, T-mac. Other than that ITS OVER.

this lost was tough because the raptors just started to hit contested 3s at the end. But I still don't get why they don't use more post plays

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
This is where I and fans like me say....BLOW IT UP!! I'm tired of Marbury saying he's the best point guard in the east, then getting his ass handed to him by Raefer Alston. Learn to play defense!! The best guard in the east should outplay Alston. Simple. Jamal Crawford could have been gone for Vince Carter. Oops again. Houston, we definitely have a problem! We need to buy out Allan because he looks like a guy who's career is over. Penny...oh yeah he was smart and didn't show up! God bless Nazr & JYD. Two guys who have more heart in the pinkies than "STAR"bury, Houston, TT and Crawford. Jalen can't play D for 40 mins, but he sure as hell hasn't hurt them (Raptors) either. I'm know we're all tired of the we'll try harder speeches, and I seriously don't think it's Lenny fault completely. It's time for guys to start shaping up or moving to another place to continue their NBA careers. Plain & simple.

P.S. KEON CLARK...WHERE ART THOU???!!!

6thman

Benchwarmer
I don't have the chance to watch knicks game but I can see the stats!

Tim Thomas and Crawford made 3/14 and 3/15 from the field! Wtf is that??? If you don't shoot well let the others do it! What a selfishness!!
Really 3/15 that's a shame for nba level!

As you said, Nazr and JYD do it very well! Seems like Mohammed had a great game!

But of course it's lenny's fault, he is the coach, he is the boss , he has to yell when something is wrong! He has to learn them to play some defense! Ok if they miss shots it's not his fault but he can support them or simply replace them!

I really don't know what to say about these knicks, but i'm really pissed!
This team sucks right now....