Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Portland Trail Blazers (2014/12/28)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

NYK.gif
AT.png
POR.gif

(5-27) (24-7)

VenueTVTIME
Moda Center, Portland, ORMSG9:00 PM EST

Possible starters:

quincy_acy.png
nicolas_batum.png

carmelo_anthony.png
lamarcus_aldridge.png

cole_aldrich.png
joel_freeland.png

jose_calderon.png
wesley_matthews.png

tim_hardaway_jr.png
damian_lillard.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Portland Trail Blazers
J.R. Smith - Partially Torn Left Plantar Fascia (QUEST)Robin Lopez - Right hand fracture (OUT)
Iman Shumpert -Dislocated Left Shoulder (OUT)-
Cleanthony Early - Injured Right Knee (OUT)-
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Calf (OUT)-
Amar'e Stoudemire - Sore right knee (OUT)-

Thanks for a great game thread. Will Melo sit tonight after logging 46 minutes last night? Also, apparently Dalembert tweaked his ankle last night. Running out of guys, although Acy does come back tonight and possibly JR Smith (probably not). Huge underdogs and we should play loose because we have nothing to lose. If we lose this game, no one will bat an eye. If we win this game, Portland will be humiliated, so maybe they'll play tight if we can keep it close. Who knows. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
Anything is possible htr10 esp if LA is out with respiratory infection but more likely after a close OT loss the boys have to be down and tired and face playing in a back to back. I'm expecting a laugher for the Blazers tonight.

Took us 4 and a half minutes to already be down by 10. Every game feels like the same game. Fall down huge early, rally a little bit in the 2nd quarter, hang around in the 3rd quarter, and then lose in the 4th quarter.

We've given up 10 three pointers in a quarter and a half and are losing by 18. Nothing really more to say.

Kiyaman

Legend
Portland bench players got a 20 point lead 6 minutes before halftime (Lillard only took 2 shots).

Last night, I watched center DeMarcus Cousins put up Ewing numbers on us .. 39 pts, 11 rbs, 4 ast, 2 blks, 5 fouls in 32 minutes on 52% shootin.

Down by 14 at the half, but could be much worse. Melo is just plain hobbled out there and should sit out the 2nd half after playing 46 minutes last night. Aldrich lone bright spot with 9 rebounds in the first half in his second straight start. No reason anyone else should start at center other than Aldrich this year as long as he is healthy.

Kiyaman

Legend
no no no NBA player want to be traded to the 5-27 knicks before the February trading deadline.
Phil Jackson WHO?

Aldrich, THJ, and now with Melo out, Wear, all young guys getting big minutes. Just wish Early was healthy and available as well. If you are going to be this bad, at least see what you got in the young guys. Aldrich at the very least having a nice game with 8 points and 12 rebounds less than halfway through 3rd quarter.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks don't even have a team option on Aldrich. I'd rather play Dally all year rather than audition Cole for another team. If Aldrich puts up decent numbers he's good for a big raise from someone.

12 points and 14 rebounds for Aldrich with several minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I am harping on Aldrich's nice game as it is literally the only positive thing for us tonight as we are now losing by 24.

Knicks don't even have a team option on Aldrich. I'd rather play Dally all year rather than audition Cole for another team. If Aldrich puts up decent numbers he's good for a big raise from someone.

Yeah, I hear you, but I doubt Aldrich goes so big that he becomes a sought after free agent. Also, we could maybe trade him for a second round pick if we're lucky before the deadline. I don't think anyone really wants Dalembert at this point. He looks done.

THJ 3 for 14 so far. He continues to not look like he will never be a starting option for us. He never seems to seize an opportunity. Larkin looks more useful than THJ.

tiger0330

Legend
I would think the Knicks have to bring up some guys from the D-League with only 8 healthy bodies, 8 guys is the minimum amount of players you can have.

tiger0330

Legend
THJ 3 for 14 so far. He continues to not look like he will never be a starting option for us. He never seems to seize an opportunity. Larkin looks more useful than THJ.
I once said that Timmy was a sure thing because of his dad, I still think that. He's been training for the NBA since he was a kid with pro trainers under the tutelage of his dad. He's been inconsistent this year but I wouldn't give up on him.

I would think the Knicks have to bring up some guys from the D-League with only 8 healthy bodies, 8 guys is the minimum amount of players you can have.

Seems like the logical move, but who knows? With this game, we will have 3 more losses than any other team in the NBA. I'm not convinced that our front office isn't going to just call it a season and let us play it out with just above a forfeit level roster.

I once said that Timmy was a sure thing because of his dad, I still think that. He's been training for the NBA since he was a kid with pro trainers under the tutelage of his dad. He's been inconsistent this year but I wouldn't give up on him.

I hope you're right. No one on this roster could more affect my opinion of our future than THJ developing into a starter caliber player.

Last night was a loss, but our guys could take some positives from it. Tonight's loss is the kind of loss that just crushes morale. I know we are watching lottery ball, but still, on a night where Detroit won in Cleveland, all lottery ball is not created equally.