New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers 12/31/2014 - Last Game Of The Year

Clippers burying us in the 3rd quarter. Watching this is definitely not the way to close out your 2014 on a high note.

mafra

Legend
sad....... happy 2015!

Who would've guessed after beating Lebron in his CLE return and then CHA (another playoff team), after starting a promising 2-1, we would lose 7 straight.

Then we go 2-2... Think maybe they right the ship... Then... BOOM!

Fellows. We just dropped 19/20. That's right, we just went 1-19 to end 2014.

While I am applauding the fact that finally this team is excelling at doing something. Hey, if you are going to lose why not simply crash and burn. 5-29 pretty much guarantees we are heading to the lottery.

But, as a NYK fan I know the ending to this story. I've read the book a hundred times. We will finish with a record that puts us in the bottom 3... Have hope bc odds in our favor to secure the top pick... But... Lo and behold... Not only will we come up empty... Bumpkis... but a long-shot team (ala Chi when they swiped Rose) will leap right ahead of us... Most likely, that'll be a team we hate... Like BoS... And Okafor will be the next Bill Russell... And we will be knocked out of top 3 and end up picking 4th, and we draft a bust.

On the bright side, we have 7 months to be optimistic (before the inevitable dream crushing blow is delivered)...

Here's to a happy and healthy 2015. May we see some serious trades by Phil... And soon. Let's get younger... And let's hope we sign Tobias Harris, Wesley Matthews, G-Dragic, Andre Drummond, and Al Jefferson this summer.

CoolClyde

19/20. that is freaking sobering, must be Knicks record for worst possible W/L performance, other than record for sh*ttiest start. and yet, I still have faith in Phil, and I am willing to forego this season just to see what the zenmaster has in store for 2015/16. the fact that Knicks have a draft pick is a blessing, how many draft picks have Knicks actually had in the past 10 years thru the Isaiah and Grunwald years?

hence, to see the team lose and set themselves up for more ping pong balls, to watch them slog thru the mire of losses and loser mentality, actually makes me feel OK. like when I was hoping for D'amntoni to leave, and actually wanting Knicks losses so he would be fired... and then Linsanity came along and he kept his d'amn job...

All I want for the rest of 2015 season is for Melo to get healthy, for the team to play competitively, for Cole Aldrich to keep getting better (i think he's a keeper), for Calderon to stay healthy and lead the team to SOME wins, THJR to improve defensively and confidently, Mr. Clean to get well and on the court, and that's about it. I couldn't give a flying f*ck about anyone else, because I think most of them are gone (at least I hope JR is gone, so Knicks get his salary off the books).

perhaps with PJ at the helm, the Knicks will not come up empty, and a positive mentality will take over the team, from the top on down? we can only hope and pray.

Happy 2015 all!

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Here's to a happy and healthy 2015. May we see some serious trades by Phil... And soon. Let's get younger... And let's hope we sign Tobias Harris, Wesley Matthews, G-Dragic, Andre Drummond, and Al Jefferson this summer.
Should have started the youth movement by trading Melo or letting him go in FA. His knee problems are what you would expect for a guy that plays the heavy minutes he does that's on the wrong side of 30 and I bet his knees get worse by years 4 and 5 of his contract and he's not worth the 25M we're paying him when he's playing limited minutes when he's 34/35.

PJ and DFish are busts so far and they can blame their predecessors for it for the time being but next year they better turn this around with that cap space and lotto pick and make the playoffs. PJ better turn on whatever Jedi mind tricks he used on Dolan to get that 60M deal for himself and convince a few FAs to come to NY. His 11 rings and his legend are why he was hired in NY, if he can't attract talent to NY like Sir Charles says what good is he.

jzero29

Rotation player
Wish that was last game of the season, lol

Not a huge melo supporter, knee troubles don't bode well for franchise future...is he the next Amare?

PJ not a great start but to early to throw under the Bus, salary cap expanding as well as us having literally almost no obligations in 2 years...means big time free agents and good chance for top draft pick. Lets see what he does with the cap space and draft pick.

Fisher...given his roster, he gets the pass. granted I am not impressed to this point.Maybe he should have played another year, lol

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
yes we will have cap space, but u need something to attract FA's... is that attraction playin in the big apple...playin for the zen-master.. playin for fisher...ok nix the last one... I guess we'll see in 6 months