Wait til Next Year!

jwhyte30

Rookie
tkf

long time since chatting with you known as bjerry elsewhere
I think Carmelo after next season will ask to be traded. as long as Knicks get okafur or towns and Knicks can build through him. Knicks will be decent next year but I see 2016 when Knicks can contend.

How do you see the contender teams in the east faring in the playoffs?

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
For the 2014-15 Knicks season .. Phil Jackson is an IDIOT!
Proof .. name the Knicks starting PG for the 2014-15 season? Larkins?
Larkins belong in the D.League.
There was no way in Calderon's many busted seasons in Toronto that he would be considered a upgrade over Felton for any system.
When Calderon came off the injury list to play his first Knicks game, did u know the Knicks had a 4-10 record.
Calderon's 26 games as the Knicks PG has 1 win, and 25 losses.
Phil Jackson had to receive personal money from owner Cuban in the Tyson trade, by taken 4 or 5 loser contracts.
Tyson and Felton's contract total $23M compared to Calderon's $21M contract.

After the 37 win season of Raymond Felton the entire world knew the Knicks number 1 priority in the offseason were to get a star PG, or two veteran role-player PG.
Tyson Chandler was Phil Jackson only link to getting a star PG for the Knicks in offseason .. Rondo Rondo Rondo

There will be no CP3, Westbrooks, Lillards, or Stephen Curry type of PG in the 2015 draft class.
The Knicks $124M star player is a BUM without a leadership PG.
Who will be the Knicks starter PG for next season? or SG? or PF? or Center?
Who will be the 6th man? 7th? 8th? and 9th man off the bench?

Now u know why Steve Kerr didn't take the Knicks job???

The moment Chandler criticized Woodson's defensive schemes on mic I knew he was a goner. Hate him or love him Woodson has nearly 20 years experience coaching. If Chandler would speak so freely of a coach of his caliber what would he do to a rookie coach?

Secondly, you trade players when they have value and Chandler isn't getting any younger. I know what he brings defensively but remember how much of a liability Felton became. Trading is a give and take. I'm probably the only Knicks fan that takes no issue with the Chandler trade.

The team was never designed to go far in the playoffs. Our players have a low basketball IQ and don't play defense. None of that is on Phil. In my view the only thing he's guilty of is giving fans false hope of the making it to the playoffs. There is no certainty of NY getting the top pick but they've got a great chance to get it as ****ty as they are this season.

CoolClyde

not really sure why Kiyaman actually posts his hatred of the Knicks, as he fails to see the light at the end of the tunnel, disses every single player, coach, executive, every move the team makes, etc.

I don't think I agree with anything he's said this entire season. 20/20 hindsight is crystal clear, having vision requires faith and positive thinking. positive thinking is the basis for positive action. Phil Jackson has all that is required to take this team from the depths, to mold the youth and potential already here, and to create a new culture, environment and team effort needed to win.

tiger0330

Legend
The major mistake he made with 20/20 hindsight is signing Melo. He has to build the team the team from scratch and it may be by the time he's accumulated enough pieces Melo will be well into his contract. If you need to build a team from scratch you have to do it the way the Celts are doing it, trade everyone like they did PP, KG, Rondo and Allan, get draft picks for them, take a few years to draft young players, develop them and see who sticks and then make your splash in FA.

It's what Phil called the "right" way to build a team and will probably take longer than NY fans or Phil wants esp. since he has no assets to trade for 1st rd. picks other than Melo. PJ giving Melo his no trade clause was a negative but I think if the Knicks don't make the playoffs next year Melo may request a trade to a winning team.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The major mistake he made with 20/20 hindsight is signing Melo. He has to build the team the team from scratch and it may be by the time he's accumulated enough pieces Melo will be well into his contract. If you need to build a team from scratch you have to do it the way the Celts are doing it, trade everyone like they did PP, KG, Rondo and Allan, get draft picks for them, take a few years to draft young players, develop them and see who sticks and then make your splash in FA.

It's what Phil called the "right" way to build a team and will probably take longer than NY fans or Phil wants esp. since he has no assets to trade for 1st rd. picks other than Melo. PJ giving Melo his no trade clause was a negative but I think if the Knicks don't make the playoffs next year Melo may request a trade to a winning team.
I don't like the money he gave Melo, and I dislike the no-trade clause more, but maybe he didn't make a big mistake. Melo was a big part of the 2012-2013 season's success with Chandler and older veterans, so maybe he thinks the Knicks will be much better with him and younger players in the draft and young All-Stars via free agency/trades.

Kiya was calling Phil and Fisher geniuses before they did anything and as soon as they did work he called them idiots. I'm not surprised at all by this and was wondering if this was gonna happen.

You're not the only one who is fine with that trade with Dallas, don. The only downside is Calderon's contract, and while we do need an upgrade, I'm not pushing for a trade and thinking it's the be-all end-all if he isn't traded. He's a good player with very little help. I repeat, VERY little help. This team doesn't have the talent, but next season there's a chance that they will if the right decisions are made.

This isn't the summer of 2010 when the trades of Lee and signing of Amar'e weren't needed and we could have built upon that team through drafts and only wise max contracts signings. This upcoming season there needs and CAN be major improvements to the team. The only signing I could think of that would be bad is signing Kevin Love (I'm not an expert on Love, so maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't read and heard a lot of good things about his defense and the Cavs aren't doing great in that department).

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

skisloper

Starter
I don't like the money he gave Melo, and I dislike the no-trade clause more, but maybe he didn't make a big mistake. Melo was a big part of the 2012-2013 season's success with Chandler and older veterans, so maybe he thinks the Knicks will be much better with him and younger players in the draft and young All-Stars via free agency/trades.

Kiya was calling Phil and Fisher geniuses before they did anything and as soon as they did work he called them idiots. I'm not surprised at all by this and was wondering if this was gonna happen.

You're not the only one who is fine with that trade with Dallas, don. The only downside is Calderon's contract, and while we do need an upgrade, I'm not pushing for a trade and thinking it's the be-all end-all if he isn't traded. He's a good player with very little help. I repeat, VERY little help. This team doesn't have the talent, but next season there's a chance that they will if the right decisions are made.

This isn't the summer of 2010 when the trades of Lee and signing of Amar'e weren't needed and we could have built upon that team through drafts and only wise max contracts signings. This upcoming season there needs and CAN be major improvements to the team. The only signing I could think of that would be bad is signing Kevin Love (I'm not an expert on Love, so maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't read and heard a lot of good things about his defense and the Cavs aren't doing great in that department).

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Hindsight is tough.....Chandler seems like he is worth more then what we got now but if he was playing for the Knicks he too would like crap and I am sure be injured in some way........Worse case is we have Calderon next year for an extra 4 million that having Felton....I am fine with.....

With Kiya it starts and ends with Melo.....anything Post that will be bad......He truly believes Melo will not adjust his game and give a 100% on both ends of the field all the time.....Phil Jackson better be thinking the opposite and see something many have yet to uncover or he is the fool.....

All I can say we are in the best postion we can be in since used our 100 million on stat.....Please dont tell me what stat did when he came her its silly.....Only a fool would say STAT is not a beast and he has proven his dedication time and time again....but a 5 year deal with those knees was just dumb

Kiyaman

Legend
Hindsight is tough.....Chandler seems like he is worth more then what we got now but if he was playing for the Knicks he too would like crap and I am sure be injured in some way........Worse case is we have Calderon next year for an extra 4 million that having Felton....I am fine with.....

With Kiya it starts and ends with Melo.....anything Post that will be bad......He truly believes Melo will not adjust his game and give a 100% on both ends of the field all the time.....Phil Jackson better be thinking the opposite and see something many have yet to uncover or he is the fool.....

All I can say we are in the best postion we can be in since used our 100 million on stat.....Please dont tell me what stat did when he came her its silly.....Only a fool would say STAT is not a beast and he has proven his dedication time and time again....but a 5 year deal with those knees was just dumb

I had faith in Phil Jackson taking over bringing Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher to the Knicks coaching staff.
The Suns ex-GM Steve Kerr didnt join the Knicks didnt stop my faith in Phil Jackson.
Owner Dolan resigning Melo to a 5 yr contract for $124M (half in advance payments), took all my faith out of Phil Jackson.
Although its not mention or said in the majority of Knicks forums, all of Melo teammates on the Denver Nuggets were happy like a big rat in a cheese factory when Melo left Denver for NY...
Nuggets blast Grizzlies in first game without Carmelo Anthony 120-107
The Nuggets players without Melo went on a 17-7 run to end the season.
Veteran NBA players all heard the many bad rumors about Melo as a teammate for years, a lot of veterans thought Melo would change when they became his teammate, but Melo stayed the same making all his veteran teammates try anything and everything to get off of the team. YES! Melo has been a CANCER teammate in the NBA for a decade. And i'm sure Phil Jackson knew all about Melo good/bad habits on a team, before Phil took the job.

Tyson Chandler came to the Knicks to win, Tyson couldn't win in Melo isolation system.
Tyson did win in a D.League LinSanity run n gun system, plus Tyson receive the DOP playing with LinSanity.
Last season Tyson wanted off the Knicks just as much as Beno, MWP, Barg, Shump, Stat, and K-Mart wanted off the Knicks

Wargames

Starter

I disagree with you. Even injured Melo is putting up above avg points. People disregard high scorers but you can't disregard scorers who can do it in multiple ways (post up, mid range shooting, 3pt shooting, iso/drives from both the left and right, PnR, rebound/tip ins) because if they draw the double team (and they will) from the opposing team to try to stop them scoring that alone can win you games. Hell Pierce just went on the record saying Melo is the toughest guy he's ever had to guard and its true. Offensively he does everything well. The biggest knock against him is he's never had a good team or even a legit second option (Iverson didn't count because he wanted to be the first option, Amare doesn't count because he's never been healthy long and is to much a liability on defense to stay in 40 minutes a game).

I said this earlier when Walsh was going for Lebron he traded away 2 players who weren't the problem and years later I wish were still on the team in Z-bo and Jamal Crawford. Melo just last year was better than both those guys at their prime. Also who cares about Melo's contract. The cap is going WAY up, by the time Melo's contract is over it would be the equivalent of having him signed now for like 15 mil against the salary cap.

So many fans are down this year because we suck (and we do suck), but in the grand scheme of things this is exactly what was needed. Get all the questionable personalities off the team, Let all the bad contracts expire, Keep Melo healthy (never forget Bernard King went down months before Ewing was drafted) and rested, and get a Stud player on a rookie contract. Then Fill in the blanks. Hell Even with the cap going up Dolan whose only real perk of knicks ownership is the fact he has money to spend at least will have the ability to spend like he's never had before.

I know this is corny to say "but its always darkest before the dawn" applies perfectly to the NYK right now.