Hardaway & Thomas FOR Rose & Marshall!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
Isiah Thomas' month-long pursuit of Donyell Marshall and Jalen Rose has finally reached a point where the Knicks and Raptors are discussing a deal that would send Kurt Thomas and Penny Hardaway to Toronto.

According to a league source, Thomas and Rob Babcock, the Raptors general manager, exchanged phone calls yesterday in an attempt to hammer out a deal that would represent Thomas' first major roster move since he acquired Jamal Crawford from the Bulls in August.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=2147

I dont know about you but I like it. It would change are style of play. It would bring new life to the Knicks. We get two new starters in exchange for a starter and an injured list man. Also when Tim gets traded or whatever in the offseason we have our SF position already taken care of. The only thing this could mess up is a possible trade with the Kings Webber for Kurt and Tim Thomas but I havent heard too much on that recently...

Your opinion???

Edited, link to article added

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I question whether or not you'd be this excited if Rose & Marshall didnt put on a show last night VS the Knicks. The trade is really nothing new, most of us (or at least me) have known about the Knicks talking to the Raps for Rose & Marshall right after VC was traded to the Nets, maybe even for a short period before that.

so in regards to your question of whether or not we like it, im still on defense about the whole thing, I like Kurt, and we'd be losing our best defensive presence in the post.
ALso Penny could be useful in the offseason for a bigger name as well as Tim Thomas.
So if Isiah does this move it could be costly if it doesnt work out, I think its a gamble, a huge gamble, i'd rather Isiah sit tight and try and get Webber, I can see Web and Steph running a great show and some great Pick & Rolls.

This is a joke right?
Whoever thinks this is a good trade must be on crack. Kurt Thomas is one of those players that you NEED on your team. He does everything everyone else doesnt do and he is the only one on the knicks with that attitude Isiah is trying to install in this team. He plays great post defense and is the only current big man who runs the knicks best and most consistent plau, the pick and roll.
Now dont get me wrong, Jalen Rose is a great player and I have always thought him to be. But comeon we have to many 2-3 gaurds on out team. Do we realy want to take shots away from everyone esle and give less playing time to our man with the most potential, Trev-Dogg.
Please people think about what an impact this would make on our team and realize its a negative one. DONT DO THIS TRADE ISIAH!!!!!The Webber sounds good lol but I know nothing about that one

NYKnicks15

Starter
Thanks for adding the link :)

We need change right now its not working out on what we have. I know our defense needs to improve but one guy or two cant do all the defense everyone needs to step it up and the coach needs to get that in the teams head. I think we should accept the trade and see how it works. Its better tthan trading Kurt for Wally dont you think?? I dont know we are desperate right now and our team without change hate to say it, sucks. We need something to spice it up and this could work....then if the kings are even interested still (if they ever were) im sure theyd accept Marshall (small expiring contract) and Thomas (large one year left contract) for Webbers big one...

I like Kurt as well but were getting two starters here instead of one good one and a complaining injured list occupier

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
i totally agree with Knickerbockers11 ! DONT DO THIS TRADE ISIAH !!

We have to be patient and wait until the summer, keeping our big contracts to catch a really big name, we have to put together TT and penny 's contracts for a big one !

We were a winning team before all the injuries come, so dont explode the team because of a bad series of games.

Be patient and wait, the summer will be fine for knicks fan !

NYKnicks15

Starter
Sorry like it or not real Knicks fans cant wait until the summer, Im usually patient when it comes to this stuff but we officially are horrible we need some kind of change....Okay so say we wait until the offseason and we dont make it to the playoffs we risk going down in attendance again and we get some loser in this weak weak draft then we wait to trade a package of Tim and Penny....WHO are we gonna get for Tim and Penny put together??? One big name? not gonna happen....there contracts equal around 29,725,000 almost thirty million and no one besides Shaq plays for that much and we are not gettin him anytime soon....

What about a three way trade?? itd never happen but its nice to think...
Sacramento gets Alonzo Mourning, Donyell Mashall and Tim Thomas
New York gets Chris Webber and Jalen Rose
Toronto gets Kurt Thomas and Penny Hardaway

it works out salary cap wise and everyone will get better and what they want...sacramentio getting rid of Webber if they still want to, Toronto gettin cap space and rid or Rose, NY what they want in Webber/Rose and rid of Penny/Tim.

New York Knicks
C Nazr Mohammed
F Chris Webber
F Jalen Rose
G Jamal Crawford
G Stephon Marbury

I like that roster a lot but what do you think??? it could all happen before the trade deadline too...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Trade with Toronto

"Kurt Thomas is one of those players that you NEED on your team. He does everything everyone else doesnt do and he is the only one on the knicks with that attitude Isiah is trying to install in this team. "

I disagree, I feel Jerome Willimas is that intangible not Kurt Thomas. Kurt is hit with 2 fouls during the pre-game warm up. He is undersized for a power forward and he can't play the 3. Really his true role should be coming off the bench, but Jerome Williams is doing just that and doing it very well! Yes, Kurt is a better shooter but he doesn't help you on the bench with 4 fouls in the third. I do agree that the Knicks should wait until the off season before they make a deal, but I like Marshall and he is much better offensively than Kurt and he can play the 3 as well as the 4. If they do make this deal, they would still have Moochie's and Tim's contract that they could use to trade during the off season. The only draw back is Rose's huge contract but at least he can contribute, unlike Houston, so if you are going to be as far over the cap as this Knicks are, what the heck add Rose as at least get his 14.9 points a game.

Make the trade if possible

Hey everyone. I think we should make this deal if available. I have preached on this site in saving Tim Thomas and Penny's expiring contracts for next year but I have changed my stance. Here is why.
First, Kurt Thomas gets credit for being a good defender and he is, but he is not that spectacular. If you read on RealGM.com and their rating systems, Kurt is a little above average. He definately does all the intangables in the game, but the real problem we have with Kurt Thomas fitting in with the Knicks is we already have a million guys who like to chuck up the outside shot. While Kurt is a very effective outside shooter, do we really want our power foward shooting 80% of his shots from 15-18' out? Especially being a weak rebounding team.
Secondly, does anyone feel Houston will get back to the player he was. Rose can step in and average 16-20 points a night and does it not only from shooting outside, but drives and posts up. Houson is 1 dimensional and only shoots open outside shots. Thats it.
Thirdly, with Kurt Thomas gone, my man Mike Sweetney becomes the starter at PF and we start grooming our PF of the future. There will be rough games from him as he young, but he is the future. He also has a post up game that Kurt Thomas lacks opening up our shooters and the driving lanes for Marbury.
Lastly, I could go on for hours but I have probably bored most of you. Our rebounding would improve with Nazr at center, Sweetney at PF and Marshall at SF. That leaves a really deep bench for us and we still have a tradeable expiring contract next year in Tim Thomas and Moochie. I previously wanted to save both our big expiring contracts to be used in the off season for a superstar or 2, but the reality is we probably would not find 2 different teams in the same offseason willing to trade a star for expiring contracts as other teams also will have expiring contracts to deal, so I think 1 is enough.
Thanks for reading........
Go Knicks!
David

dacash

Benchwarmer
i also feel as though we should make the trade if availiable,my reasons 10 damn games lost,it obivious what we have now cant cpompete,even in da pathetic east. i still say jamal mag;orie and jim jackson would be a better trade but if this is availible please do it

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
no way. do not try to get better now. not with getting only rose and marshall in return. isiah would just be trying to save face and the knicks would do no better than the 1st rd of the playoffs anyway (with or without the trade).

cleveland supposedly wants shooters alongside lebron. i wonder if theyd take allan houstons contract and give us back young talent and/or expiring contracts in return.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
Sorry like it or not real Knicks fans cant wait until the summer, Im usually patient when it comes to this stuff but we officially are horrible we need some kind of change....Okay so say we wait until the offseason and we dont make it to the playoffs we risk going down in attendance again and we get some loser in this weak weak draft then we wait to trade a package of Tim and Penny....WHO are we gonna get for Tim and Penny put together??? One big name? not gonna happen....there contracts equal around 29,725,000 almost thirty million and no one besides Shaq plays for that much and we are not gettin him anytime soon....

I like that roster a lot but what do you think??? it could all happen before the trade deadline too...

Ok ok , i meen, i cant wait too,i agree with U, that losing streak is pissing me off too, but, what i wanna say is, do not rush things, i dont know marshall as well, maybe he has a great value, i just want to be sure to use our expering contracts the best way, because it's an opportunity which doesn't come every year...

NYKnicks15 said:
What about a three way trade?? itd never happen but its nice to think...
Sacramento gets Alonzo Mourning, Donyell Mashall and Tim Thomas
New York gets Chris Webber and Jalen Rose
Toronto gets Kurt Thomas and Penny Hardaway

it works out salary cap wise and everyone will get better and what they want...sacramentio getting rid of Webber if they still want to, Toronto gettin cap space and rid or Rose, NY what they want in Webber/Rose and rid of Penny/Tim.

also, this three way trade is tremendous, i say go for it !!

thx

Isaih better not trade Kurt Thomas. Kurt is the constant engine for this Knicks team and Donyell can never replace that. The Knicks are short on good power forwards anyway, so this is not a good trade at all. The Knicks already have to many shooters.