Game Thread - New York Knicks at Orlando Magic - 2/11/15

Is this Amare Stoudemire's last game as a Knick? Seems like his time in New York is essentially done. As rough and disappointing as this era has been for Knicks fans, still a little sad to think of the end of Stat in a Knicks jersey. Still, both him and our franchise have to move on.

As far as the game, we are doing okay despite the absence of Melo. Tonight might be a good night for Bargnani to make a last gasp at making another team possibly want him if he also gets bought out (though I doubt it).

Jason Smith with 13 of our first 34 points on 100% shooting from the floor. Bargnani has now made a couple nice defensive plays to force turnovers. We're doing just enough out there to stay even with an Orlando team that seems flat as heck.

Jason Smith now six for six with 15 points halfway though the 2nd quarter. Maybe he's the guy who contending teams should be looking to get off our roster.

Just read Anthony Mason is in real bad shape with major heart problems and has now had several big surgeries. Damn, he is only 48. Hope his health turns around.

Wow, Jason Smith with 21 of our 43 points on 9 of 11 shooting. Heck, scrap the current plan, let's just build the franchise around him.

THJ draws a foul on a 3-pointer at the buzzer for the end of the half. Will shoot free throws to try to extend our current 1 point lead.

tiger0330

Legend
Terrible news about Mace. He was my neighbor when he lived in White Plains when he played for the Knicks. Didn't know him other than to say hi when I saw him.

After 21 points in the first half, Jason Smith with only 3 so far in the 2nd half. I wouldn't call this a good game, but it certainly is competitive. If this is Amare's last game as a Knick, at least he's in uniform and on the court in the 4th quarter of it.

Anyone ever seen the movie Diggstown? In one part of the movie, which is about betting on boxing, one of the bettors stands up, straightens his tie, and the boxer against which he bet sees him do this and immediately takes a dive. That's how I feel about the Knicks lately. We play a competitive game, then PJ stands up, straightens his tie, and we lose the game. All of a sudden with 3 minutes left in the game, we suddenly look like we can't play with Orlando and they just scored 8 straight.

tiger0330

Legend
Really hard to win a game when you shoot 33%. They're talking to Amare about a buyout, don't understand why they don't do the same with Bargs. Play the young guys, Early needs the work, he doesn't look good out there so give him more reps.

Broadway

All Star
Really hard to win a game when you shoot 33%. They're talking to Amare about a buyout, don't understand why they don't do the same with Bargs. Play the young guys, Early needs the work, he doesn't look good out there so give him more reps.

This should have been part of Phil's more immediate plan to start the season. He's about 50gms behind the Triangle Dust Magic curve.

Kiyaman

Legend

How do u lose to a 17-39 record Lottery Magics team who starting-PG belong in the D.League???
Calderon got to go!
Any coach would have beat the Magic having a frontline rotation of Cole/Stat/Barg/J.Smith

Early is still playing on a college level, and will need a full season on Westchester D.League team, before stepping-up to NBA level. Wear needs 24 mpg the remainder of the season, he's a lanky 6.9 SF who give u something on both sides of the court off the bench next season.