New York vs Houston 01/21 Game Thread (L 91-92)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_100.gif
vs
rockets_100.gif

Lineups:

New York Knicks (17-21 ) ::11-8 at MSG
stephon_marbury.jpg
jamal_crawford.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
tim_thomas.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg
lenny_wilkens.jpg

Houston Rockets (20-19) :: 7-10 on Road

bobby_sura.jpg
david_wesley.jpg
yao_ming.jpg
tracy_mcgrady.jpg
juwan_howard.jpg
jeff_van_gundy.jpg

Game Time: 7:30 PM EST
TV: MSG, MSGHD
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap
Knicks 91 - Rockets 92

Blumatic

Rotation player
I'm only watching this game to see Ewing being honored with the other past Knicks centers. After that I'm watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" HOLLA.

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
Hi, I'm new to this site. I live in France and they don't broadcasr the knicks very often here. Could someone explain me what happened in the last 8 games? Lack of effort? bad luck? I thought we were talented enough to beat NO, Chicago, toronto...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
welcome by! where i live there are also troubles with getting the knicks live, but at least one network decided to buy nba games for the rest of the season. we have the friday night game (no knick games untill april) plus an half of hour of nba action. not much, but it's still better than nothing. hopefully since there are a lot of people who asked for nba they'll broadcast 2 games per week and maybe maybe i can see a knick game. but that will prolly happen only from playoffs

as for what happened in 2005.. we're still trying to figure it out

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
I'm luckier, they will broadcast tonight's game...On the few games of the Knicks that I've seen, I thought their offense was bad, they had no real collective game, not enought movement without the ball, they often score because of individual actions... I think Phil Jackson and the triangle offense couls solve this kind of problem for example...

NYKnicks15

Starter
I've been campaigning PHIL JACKSON as our new coach for a while. A lot of people disagree. I think it will be good and maybe him and Isiah together could work out some good deals and fundamentals. I mean who wouldnt want to play for Thomas & Jackson??? Maybe together theyll know what to do with this mess we call the Knicks....welcome to the site by the way

dragon434

Rookie
why why are they tourturing me

why cant the knicks win

this is even more heartbreaking than when my girlfriend left me =*(

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
This is bullshit. I cant believe this fucking nonsense. Why didnt Steph drive on the last possesion. The knicks are starting to become a fucking joke to me now. I cant take this shit no more, man. Zeke better make a move, and it better be a good one. He needs to go to that locker room and cut ass on those players. Sweetney wasted 13 good points in a comeback and we didnt even win. Steph better drop like 50 points in his next game or have like 20 assists, seeing as he likes to pass up the big shots. :evil: If the Knicks dont win their next game, I dont know whats going to happen. Lenny is really in the fire now.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i would tremendously respect phil jackson if he took the knicks coaching job now. unfortunately i think hes too much of a coward and he'd only take the job if isiah made some really good player acquisitions so that he could do nothing as usual and reap the benefits of having a talented roster.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Im going to find some WAY any WAY via email i dont care, through his website i have no clue to send him my plea to become the knicks coach!!! Anyone want to join my campaign?!?

jayp

Benchwarmer
After calling timeout, the Rockets got the ball into the hands of Tracy McGrady, who passed to Padgett at the top of the key. With time running down, Padgett beat Crawford off the dribble and hit a 15-footer from the foul line to hand the Knicks a crushing defeat.

^^^ WOW

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
HOW DID CRAWFORD GET BEAT OFF THE DRIBLLE BY SOMEONE MUCH TALLER THAN HIM?? AND WHY DIDNT STEPH STEP UP TO TRY AND PUT A HAND IN HIS FACE?? AND WHY DIDNT HE DRIVE WHEN HE HAD THE CHANCE?? I DONT UNDERSTAND!! :x :x

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
hey guys i don't want phil jackson at all, his triangle offense match only with a big presence inside.
Look what happened to gary payton last year, phil will do the same and steph will look like a s***t on the court like gary became because of phil's triangle offense. I think we should wait for larry brown this summer... :hump:

i saw there is a new FRENCH fan posting on the forum !

SO bienvenue Mousquetaire2 ! les fans des knicks en france se font de plus en + nombreux !! c cool !

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
thanks starks boy, il y a beaucoup de fan francais des Knicks...
A big presence inside? and with the bulls? they didn't have good offensive weapons inside! But ok, Rodman was the king of rebound...Gary didn't adapt to the lakers, but it's because he is too old now..even with a bad team like the celtics, he is only 12.5pts/game...Still, I like L Brown too...

NYKnicks15

Starter
Larry Brown is good, but he's getting too frustrated with the game. I think he is losing his love for it since that fight. You can tell in the way he talks in interviews and just his overall presence. Plus he is getting a little old now and if you cant make it back to back with a team that includes Wallace, Wallace, Hamilton and Billups how are you going to make it with Marbury Crawford Thomas and Mohammed? no offense to our team...

Phil Jackson, he's that presence we need to slap some sense into the players we have. He doesn take no s**t unlike Lenny who just stood there and did his weird smile face. And Gary Payton didnt succeed? thats because hes Gary Payton 2004 and beyond. Hes not the same quick young Payton we all used to know. The triangle would work for us. We have good shooters and then we have Mohammed and Kurt in the paint I mean there not the biggest most intimidating presences but they do the jobs in rebounds and scoring. Not to sound like Marbury, but Payton is no way in his league...Marbury is a great point guard and WILL be able to hold his own....also Everyone wants to play for Jackson and thatll help us in free agents (when we get the chance to sign them). they also respect him and will listen to what he says. COME BACK TO THE KNICKS PHIL JACKSON, COME BACK TO THE KNICKS!!!

credentialls? what kind you want man, im just saying im going to find a way to write him and be like "Yo bit join the Knicks" haha GO KNICKS

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I don't think the coach matters as much as the players willingness to execute. That is definitely not there right now. Marbury can't defend or won't defend. It's just that simple. And how many Knicks players were open besides crawford? But the backcourt clique continued to waste another valuable possession in the crunch...OY VEY!! Steve Nash can't defend either, don't get me wrong. But he's always there with a hand in someone's face or trying for the strip. That's the same with Jamal Tinsley. And at the e d of a game, neither guy is afraid to shoot.