Knicks Officially Shut Carmelo Down

Broadway

All Star

Who believes he will actually get knee surgery vs trying to rehabilitate it? If he's going under the knife then MRI his whole body and address all issues too(like his shoulder). I don't want to hear anymore excuses from this greaseball.

Last edited:
Unless that report is just flat out wrong, sounds like he will have surgery on his knee. Hard to believe the amount of negativity in this thread towards Melo when he may be the only guy on our roster that ever seemed to play with any kind of injury. Whether it was Bargnani, Shump, Chandler, Stat, etc., every other guy on our roster the last couple years seemed to not play for as long as possible with every injury.

On a different note, I don't think this will affect the Summer at all mainly because I still don't believe we are that much in play for the star free agents with or without a healthy Melo. I guess we'll see.

Broadway

All Star
Unless that report is just flat out wrong, sounds like he will have surgery on his knee. Hard to believe the amount of negativity in this thread towards Melo when he may be the only guy on our roster that ever seemed to play with any kind of injury. Whether it was Bargnani, Shump, Chandler, Stat, etc., every other guy on our roster the last couple years seemed to not play for as long as possible with every injury.

On a different note, I don't think this will affect the Summer at all mainly because I still don't believe we are that much in play for the star free agents with or without a healthy Melo. I guess we'll see.

J.R. Smith played on a tore knee twice, how did you overlook this? No big deal because J.R. is a bum but is it because J.R. is a bum you didn't catch it? If so well some look at Carmelo in the same character light. Of all the players you listed with exception to Bargnani and Melo actually went under a knife, which confirmed they were injured or had a LEGIT injury(ies).

Until Melo does likewise he's playing through similar pain as all players do in this league. There's a major difference between playing hurt and playing injured. LaMarcus Aldridge wouldn't sit out 4weeks due to a tore ligament in his thumb that will require surgery. Melo is in no way a Hero here, not when he picked the games he wanted to play in are you kidding me?

Last edited:
J.R. Smith played on a tore knee twice, how did you overlook this? No big deal because J.R. is a bum but is it because J.R. is a bum you didn't catch it? If so well some look at Carmelo in the same character light. Melo of all the players you listed with exception to Bargnani actually went under a knife, which confirmed they were injured or had a LEGIT injury.

Until Melo does likewise he's playing through similar pain as all players do in this league. There's a major difference between playing hurt and playing injured. LaMarcus Aldridge wouldn't sit out 4weeks due to a tore ligament in his thumb that will require surgery. Melo is in no way a Hero here not when he picked the games he wanted to play in are you kidding me?

Honestly, man, I appreciate that you're suddenly one of the most active posters on this board, but in every thread you have replied to my posts with little kid counter arguments. I named four examples of Knicks players who missed a lot of time whenever hurt and you list one guy who I didn't name and then go on a little baby rant like you know something I don't know and/or that I said something about a player that I didn't say. I also never said that the players I named were not injured, I said that they missed a lot of games.

You are the one who has a subjective hatred of Melo and are implying that his injury is likely not real and even suggested that despite the report that he will have surgery soon, he may not have surgery.

That said, I don't want to keep going back and forth with you in every thread. It is a waste of everyone's time. You continue to post as if we are all a bunch of idiots who you are enlightening with information, but your points are no better than the ones made by anyone else.

tiger0330

Legend
No surprise and a good decision to shut him down, the Knicks weren't playing for anything but pride. I know Broadway disagrees but I doubt the Knicks win 10 more games without Melo which guarantees the worst record in franchise history. I just wish the lottery guaranteed the first pick to the team with the worst record.

Broadway

All Star
No surprise and a good decision to shut him down, the Knicks weren't playing for anything but pride. I know Broadway disagrees but I doubt the Knicks win 10 more games without Melo which guarantees the worst record in franchise history. I just wish the lottery guaranteed the first pick to the team with the worst record.

If Melo played or not this team wasn't going to win 20gms this yr. Maybe we lose out the rest of the way cool but then this goes contrary to everything sold prior to.

I thought we needed to win in order to attract free agents and Melo needed to show he could take his game to another level in the triangle.

I'm not mad that he's sitting out, I'm upset at how we try to take elephant dung and sell it as a some exquisite preserve.

In the grand scheme of things yes he should shut it down. $100mil+ is anchored, playing him now was ever so risky as it was this past weekend too. He should have shut it down 2mos ago and got surgery then. We would have lost games at the same Guinness World Record rate and he could have came back recovered maybe ending the season on a higher note.

Maybe now Fisher can earn his paycheck, coach the younger players and build their values back up to close the season.

Finishing with the worst record guarantees no worse than a 4th place finish but there is no exact science to this, it is a lottery. Chance is chance. All options should be on the table no matter what touching on your podcast thread created.

Broadway

All Star
So Melo told us 2mos recovery but Knicks are now telling us 4-6mos. Which was probably the case all along which is why he selfishly put it off to play in London, the no rivalry game in Brooklyn, and the ho-hum All-Star game

Some similar procedures as Stat had done to his knees. Maxed out a breaking down player oh well not on us this is on Phil

jimkcchief88

All Star
Best move made by the Knicks organization in at least 5 years. Get well Melo and come back stronger next year. Nothing left to play for but the #1 pick.

CoolClyde

good move. always give a longer heal time, so media stays off his ass, and allows Melo to go through proper procedures post-surgery... good luck under the knife Carmelo! come back strong and focused on the prize.

paris401

Starter
Honestly, man, I appreciate that you're suddenly one of the most active posters on this board, but in every thread you have replied to my posts with little kid counter arguments. That said, I don't want to keep going back and forth with you in every thread. It is a waste of everyone's time. You continue to post as if we are all a bunch of idiots who you are enlightening with information, but your points are no better than the ones made by anyone else.

htr10- i agree with you 100%... every posting is a battle with broadway... so as one new member comes on board, this member is gone.....

tiger0330

Legend
htr10- i agree with you 100%... every posting is a battle with broadway... so as one new member comes on board, this member is gone.....
Broadway knows his stuff. He took a little hiatus and I missed his opinions and postings but I for one am glad he's posting again.

Broadway

All Star
Broadway knows his stuff. He took a little hiatus and I missed his opinions and postings but I for one am glad he's posting again.

You know what's sad TIG

It seems like with the little traffic there is here, you're only limited to holding discussion with so many posters. There was no witch hunt type posting going on here as they'll lead some to believe. Let's call this for what it is. You guys are/were semi Carmelo and Amar'e fans and as for me I despised both and I'm calling them spades because that's what they've proven to be for the most part.

They've pushed this franchise into the ground. Maybe they had good intentions initially who knows but I never saw enough self sacrificing spirit from either of them. Passionate differences of opinions but pouting about it, come on no need to go there.

Amar'e I guess you can say he tried his best to fight against the body that betrayed him. I'm not sure how much of it was for self or for this organization. He has a documented history of being self contained. Remember how he and D'Antoni had to have a heart-to-heart sit down about their past before we signed him?

On the court he played extremely selfish when healthy. Said many troubling things in the media throughout his time here. I don't wish any bad ill towards him but so happy he's no longer here and that he landed in an organization that can possibly withstand the sins in his game.

jimkcchief88

All Star
So Melo told us 2mos recovery but Knicks are now telling us 4-6mos. Which was probably the case all along which is why he selfishly put it off to play in London, the no rivalry game in Brooklyn, and the ho-hum All-Star game

Some similar procedures as Stat had done to his knees. Maxed out a breaking down player oh well not on us this is on Phil

Melo is not a doc; hello:) As long as as Melo is ready next season I don't have a problem. He's been playing his heart out with that shoulder now this knee for two plus years....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what's sad TIG

It seems like with the little traffic there is here, you're only limited to holding discussion with so many posters. There was no witch hunt type posting going on here as they'll lead some to believe. Let's call this for what it is. You guys are/were semi Carmelo and Amar'e fans and as for me I despised both and I'm calling them spades because that's what they've proven to be for the most part.

They've pushed this franchise into the ground. Maybe they had good intentions initially who knows but I never saw enough self sacrificing spirit from either of them. Passionate differences of opinions but pouting about it, come on no need to go there.

Amar'e I guess you can say he tried his best to fight against the body that betrayed him. I'm not sure how much of it was for self or for this organization. He has a documented history of being self contained. Remember how he and D'Antoni had to have a heart-to-heart sit down about their past before we signed him?

On the court he played extremely selfish when healthy. Said many troubling things in the media throughout his time here. I don't wish any bad ill towards him but so happy he's no longer here and that he landed in an organization that can possibly withstand the sins in his game.

I am fine with your stances about the Knicks, even when I disagree with them, I just got worn out by how often you were making extreme assumptions about what some of us were saying in your replies to us. This has become a very small community of active posters for the time being and we're all going to have to learn to respect each other, myself included, unless we want to spend all our time talking to ourselves.

tiger0330

Legend
Melo is not a doc; hello:) As long as as Melo is ready next season I don't have a problem. He's been playing his heart out with that shoulder now this knee for two plus years....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to give props to Melo for playing with pain unlike DRose, to me it's a badge of courage when a player plays when he's hurt and not selfishness.

I don't know about a 6 month recovery period, he was walking without a limp and getting up and down the court in real games so how bad could his knee be? Doctors will tell you that any NBA player with over 10 years experience has knee issues and Melo's surgery more than likely is just a "routine" scope that players come back from in a couple of months.

Kiyaman

Legend
I have to give props to Melo for playing with pain unlike DRose, to me it's a badge of courage when a player plays when he's hurt and not selfishness.

I don't know about a 6 month recovery period, he was walking without a limp and getting up and down the court in real games so how bad could his knee be? Doctors will tell you that any NBA player with over 10 years experience has knee issues and Melo's surgery more than likely is just a "routine" scope that players come back from in a couple of months.

Watching Melo performance for 5 seasons as a Knicks ....

Melo dont run to gain a sweat, Melo dont box-out in the paint
Melo dont screen or pick for any teammate
Melo dont put his body in any position to gain an offensive foul
Melo dont dive for a loose ball
Melo dont bring any intangible or excitement other than a jumpshot
Melo has a career habit of talking to officials when the ball is alive in opponents possession.

How do u get a knee or shoulder injury playing the way Melo play? How?
It just didnt look right the Knicks getting Blowed-Out ever game night after night with the $124M player no-leadership/no-defense for 36 mpg .. the 10-44 record Knicks sent Melo home to stay .....

CoolClyde

Watching Melo performance for 5 seasons as a Knicks ....

Melo dont run to gain a sweat, Melo dont box-out in the paint
Melo dont screen or pick for any teammate
Melo dont put his body in any position to gain an offensive foul
Melo dont dive for a loose ball
Melo dont bring any intangible or excitement other than a jumpshot
Melo has a career habit of talking to officials when the ball is alive in opponents possession.

How do u get a knee or shoulder injury playing the way Melo play? How?
It just didnt look right the Knicks getting Blowed-Out ever game night after night with the $124M player no-leadership/no-defense for 36 mpg .. the 10-44 record Knicks sent Melo home to stay .....

for someone who loves Melo, i'm a tad surprised by this negative post, Kiyaman! ;)