Ewing To Steph: Keep Lips Zipped

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick Ewing was always quick with a playoff guarantee but rarely tooted his own horn. Yesterday, the Knick legend and current Rockets assistant coach gave a word of advice for Stephon Marbury, who grew up idolizing the Big Fella.
Marbury's New Year's Eve boast about being the "best point guard in basketball" has coincided with the Knicks' 1-8 stretch.

Ewing told The Post yesterday in a telephone interview, "He's a very good player, a great player, but sometimes even if you believe things, sometimes you have to keep it to yourself. Let someone else say it."

Ewing, arguably the best Knick ever, will be honored tonight during a ceremony commemorating Knicks centers of the past. He still pines to one day work for the organization and could get a chance this summer if a new coaching staff is assembled.

"It would be great to be back in New York, close to family, watch my kids grow up," Ewing said. "But until that happens, I have to do what I have to do. I'm not going to sit home and wait. I'll learn as much as I can from Jeff (Van Gundy), Tom Thibodeau, Cliff (Steve Clifford). New York will always have a special place in my heart."

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=2156

a really nice article, a must read