Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Detroit Pistons - February 27, 2015

tiger0330

Legend
You have to bring Amundsen back I would think, Acy looks like he might not. Surprised but DFish has cut his playing time.

Amundson would be achieving cult hero status from this game with this incredible effort scoring, boarding, and blocking, but unfortunately, there's literally 3 of us actually watching this great game.

Even in double OT, ball movement for us still seems very good. We are starting to run them ragged in this endurance affair.

Larkin follows up a great offensive sequence that led to an open jumper for a 4-point lead with a terrible decision to take a quick 3, which he misses, and Detroit hits a 3 down the other end to get the lead back to 1 with a little over a minute to go. We could have iced this game with a better possession there.

tiger0330

Legend
Team effort. Galloway with that miracle 3, Larkin at the end, Bargs with a great game and teaming with Amundsen to play toe to toe with that Pistons front line.

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks showed me tonite that "Monroe & Jackson" are not STARTER material
I agree about Jackson tonight but Monroe had a good game, I wouldn't give him max money but he's 24 which unlike Melo is young enough to go through a multi-year rebuild.

Berman wrote in the NY Post today that the Knicks have a legitimate shot at Greg Monroe.

Yeah, I read some similar stuff today with what I read basically saying our 2 realistic free agent options are Greg Monroe and Tobias Harris. I know most people wouldn't get too excited about those 2 guys, but hypothetically, if we could them at fair market value then we would have a chance to start next season with Melo, Monroe, Harris, a lottery draft pick, and cap room to spare. That's a team that suddenly is way more interesting and younger. Unfortunately, we will probably grossly overpay for both Monroe and Harris, if we can even get them, and we will be teed up as a bottom 4 playoff team in the East at best. Oh well.

Broadway

All Star
Yeah, I read some similar stuff today with what I read basically saying our 2 realistic free agent options are Greg Monroe and Tobias Harris. I know most people wouldn't get too excited about those 2 guys, but hypothetically, if we could them at fair market value then we would have a chance to start next season with Melo, Monroe, Harris, a lottery draft pick, and cap room to spare. That's a team that suddenly is way more interesting and younger. Unfortunately, we will probably grossly overpay for both Monroe and Harris, if we can even get them, and we will be teed up as a bottom 4 playoff team in the East at best. Oh well.

Correct!

Detroit has Bird's Rights as do the Magic. Both can offer more yrs and greater % on raises. Both currently better than us and 1 of them have the same set of circumstances heading into the off-season, a high draft pick and cap space.

What I took from last night's game is that Bargnani had just as good a game as Monroe. They both were each other's cover for a good portion of the game.

Draw your own conclusions. Mine were only validated after last night although I didn't need to watch the game to come to a conclusion.

tiger0330

Legend
Correct!

Detroit has Bird's Rights as do the Magic. Both can offer more yrs and greater % on raises. Both currently better than us and 1 of them have the same set of circumstances heading into the off-season, a high draft pick and cap space.

What I took from last night's game is that Bargnani had just as good a game as Monroe. They both were each other's cover for a good portion of the game.

Draw your own conclusions. Mine were only validated after last night although I didn't need to watch the game to come to a conclusion.
Bargs ceiling is higher than Jason Smith or Cole and I could see Phil bringing him back on the cheap if he can stay on the floor and play like he did yesterday. You're taking a gamble but if you can get Greg Monroe productivity like yesterday for MLE money you have 8M more to bring in another player.