Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Sacramento Kings - March 3, 2015

tiger0330

Legend
Kings starters 77 pts, Knicks starters 24 pts. That was the game right there. Shved with 15 pts, I'd like to see him starting in place of Early to see how that looks.

Kings starters 77 pts, Knicks starters 24 pts. That was the game right there. Shved with 15 pts, I'd like to see him starting in place of Early to see how that looks.

I like Shved too, but Early is already on the squad for next year for 800,000 while Shved's qualifying offer for next season was almost 4 million and he is making over 3 million this season. Not sure PJ is going to give anyone any money this offseason unless he somehow gets a big piece first. Otherwise, I think he saves every dime he can just in case and just lets everyone walk that isn't making peanuts.

tiger0330

Legend
4M yikes. So if we decide to sign him it'll cost us 4M? That ain't going to happen unless PJ puts a premium on guys that can play in triangle which he said is easy to play in.

4M yikes. So if we decide to sign him it'll cost us 4M? That ain't going to happen unless PJ puts a premium on guys that can play in triangle which he said is easy to play in.

We wouldn't have to pay him that much since all that is going to happen by Shved having not gotten his qualifying offer is that he will become a free agent. I was just throwing around those numbers as a possible ballpark figure for what Shved and his agent might expect or be hoping for in free agency and if he plays well from here on out, he might be able to get that kind of money from someone else.

tiger0330

Legend
Htr10 thanks. I guess DFish can assess Shved coming off the bench but today the starters were woeful, I think Early had a +/- of -37, I said the DFish needed to give Early playing time to see what his potential is so I guess Early starts for the remaining games.

Htr10 thanks. I guess DFish can assess Shved coming off the bench but today the starters were woeful, I think Early had a +/- of -37, I said the DFish needed to give Early playing time to see what his potential is so I guess Early starts for the remaining games.

Yeah, I totally agree, if Early is a complete bust it doesn't matter how many minutes we give him.

Broadway

All Star
Like I said we will get teased by this team a few more games but they won't be able to fool me with their Buffoonery and Tom Foolery play overall. This team is stinky trash.

Please no more Bargnani talk of coming back next yr. He shouldn't still be on this team but instead got waived

Kiyaman

Legend
I like Shved too, but Early is already on the squad for next year for 800,000 while Shved's qualifying offer for next season was almost 4 million and he is making over 3 million this season. Not sure PJ is going to give anyone any money this offseason unless he somehow gets a big piece first. Otherwise, I think he saves every dime he can just in case and just lets everyone walk that isn't making peanuts.

Wow .. I had to cut the game off in the 2nd qtr. when the score was 33-63 Kings.
The Phil Jackson TANKING Knicks!

I mention it a million times .. Early raw-raw talent need a full season in the D.League to develop confidence, creativity, plus take a weight training class to move bodies in the paint.

Phil's 2014-15 tanking roster has 1 starter (Melo), and 2 role-players (Galloway & Amundson) for next season.
Players like Shved, Anti, Wear, and Calderon skills are only good to have as the 15th man to 11th man on a roster.
To improve Phils tanking roster next season, in the offseason Phil has to add 8 new veteran players with postseason experience.

CoolClyde

Shved was the only bright spot on the limpest knicks team to hit the floor all season. a terrific tanking effort tho.

agreed, Larkin is not worth $2M at this point in time, props to Phil for not committing to him. i can't see another team offering Larkin that amount when there are better PG's out there, ie: Ish Smith.

Just like with Lance Thomas and Lou Amundsen, Knicks waived the both of them, then signed them for less money. Phil is thinking and tanking at the same time, clearing the roster in order to assemble it from the ground of Melo and up.

same reason Thanasis is still in the D-league, save the money for next season. every last dime.

Broadway

All Star
Agreed, Larkin is not worth $2M at this point in time, props to Phil for not committing to him.

same reason Thanasis is still in the D-league, save the money for next season. every last dime.

Great point about Larkin in which I agreed with him from jump about this decision. Pretty much the only thing he's done right all yr.

Totally disagree about Thanasis. His salary wouldn't have hindered anything going forward($350k difference to be exact). He made the exception for Langston so why not for Than? Could have been structured with TOs on a few yrs with partial gurantees. The Milwaukee Bucks have a similar type prospect on their team named Johnny O'Bryant. He makes hardly anything.

What he has over someone like Than, NBA experience brought into an organization producing a winning season thus far in which he contributed. Meanwhile we're plucking daisies with Bargnani all because he stole money from us this season and what's left is an about face.

It's really sad Than will be another yr behind on the triangle learning curve at the NBA level. Can't get credit for having picked an asset of potential value until you actually start using that asset to help the team win ball games or if for nothing else increase it's value.

CoolClyde

^I don't agree Bway. check this article out re not signing Thanasis:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...york-knicks-to-call-up-thanasis-antetokounmpo

i'm not sure how salary structuring works, but Phil seems to know, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

i'd rather Thanasis continue to play with his peers, develop his skillset, and get much needed minutes on the hardwood, rather than sitting on the bench and taking time away from Galloway, Early and Wear's NBA development. Besides, next year the Knicks will most likely be a completely different squad, let him earn his NBA minutes with the team that matters, and will be playing to win, as opposed to tanking. IMHO.